• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Souku's Project 365: Pokémon 2

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
God damn, that one is even better than Eelektross! It's cute and threatening at the same time. Never would have guessed that its spores came out of the things on its head.

Souku

Haha, thanks you two! Glad you like Breloom's pic! I'm not entirely sure if the spores /would/ come out of the red things on its head, but I imagined that would be the most likely way the spores are expelled. :)

Day 20 - Swanna
20th January 2013

So come dusk, Swanna gather to dance. It's a very nice image to picture and so I just had to try draw something like that. Swanna looked a lot more like it was dancing when it was still an idea in my head, but the wings were screwing it all up in the actual picture. Just couldn't seem to position them how I imagined them! Oh well.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I've been watching your art threads since your 2012 one had just been put up, and now I'm finally going to comment.

I love art as well, and even though I use a very different style from yours, I can definitely tell that you put a lot of effort into your work. The lighting and atmosphere of the pictures is simply astounding, and the interpretations of the Pokemon themselves are very creative and fun to look at. Your shading and coloring is brilliant, and your work is just overall entrancing to look at. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that you can get these done so quickly. Just, wow.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Last few ones are really good.

Eelektross - You did great here for one of my fave Pokes to use for my team from the 5th gen. I like how it's coming out of the water, waiting to get something. Definitely not what you want to see at the beach :D
Breloom - While I like your original idea for this, it doesn't really matter because it looks pretty good and I believe this idea would make a better impression. The effect of the spores is nice that it seems to affect the entire pic, in a good way.
Swanna - Very beautiful! I really it when you make pics in this kind of silhouette-ey style.

Souku

Ah, thank you all for your comments! I'm really glad you guys like Swanna because her really was incredibly fun to draw.

Epic-Inferno, thank you so much! I'm pleased to hear that you've been following last year's thread and that you are now joining me for 2013. :) I really appreciate you leaving a comment today (well, yesterday) and that you're enjoying the project so far. Most of my pics take between 1-2 hours (sometimes less, sometimes more), very rarely going up to or over 3 hours. Doing a year's worth of speed drawings/paints has definitely made me a touch faster I think!

General Nonsense, thank you! On a totally unrelated note, I keep thinking the note underneath your username ('Batshit insane') is your username. Quite possibly because you've got Golbat as your avatar, haha.

nathandg0924, thank you so much! I really appreciate your comments and love reading them. :) I'm very happy to hear that you liked the last couple of days, I hope I remain inspired enough to finish January with nice drawings too! Silhouette-type pics is one of my favourite ways to draw/paint, so I'm glad to know that you like them as well.

Day 21 - Boldore
21st January 2013

I could go on an enormous rant about how annoying wild Boldore are, but I will spare you ... this one time. Haha. No seriously, it's because of Boldore alone that I now cannot travel through caves without using Super Repels the entire way.

Also, I do not like to draw rocks.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Those fangs :0 Also, its glowing :0

Great depiction. I might have to double-coat myself in repel next time I go through a cave.

rosierjay

Lillipup Trainer
even if you don't like drawing rocks i have to say it turned out amazing. love the glow effects too.

Souku

Thanks, guys! Boldore here is an example of one of my better rock-drawing days, probably, haha. Definitely do double or triple coat yourself in Repels. You probably wouldn't want to find yourself stuck on the end of those tusks.

Day 22 - Surskit
22nd January 2013

I just couldn't bring myself to mangle this thing by drawing it more realistically. It's just too cute. The setting/background was meant to be more of a calmer pond and the surskit was meant to be sliding along like it owned the place, but then that didn't work out as you can see. Still, it's a nighttime setting, just starting to rain or just finishing. Surskits gather after an evening shower, you see.

rosierjay

Lillipup Trainer
i think its funny. you say you don't draw water well. but i always think your water depictions are the most amazing. of course the surskit is cute too.

Souku

Ahh, thank you, you two! Very much appreciate the comments, happy to hear that you like the pic. :) Skyler 99, I'm sad that it loses its unique typing upon evolution too! When I first played Ruby I thought I could teach the thing Surf once it evolved into a cool pokémon (cos I thought it'd retain its Bug/Water typing).. but it didn't. I was most disappointed. rosierjay, thank you! I don't know what it is about water but when I'm painting it, at the time it just doesn't look right to me. |D I used to be even worse at painting water though, so I can see that having to get down and draw it a couple of times has made me a bit better at it overall.

Day 23 - Swoobat
23rd January 2013

So I have to reluctantly admit that Swoobat is kinda cute... but it still sucks hard in battles. Whaaaaaat a dissappointment, seriously.

Anyway, I was going to draw this thing shooting laser beams out of its nose, but then I thought, "... Y'know what, I'm not going to do that. I'm just going to draw it chillin' all upside-down-like in its cave." And so I did.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Swoobat is one of my favorite Pokemon ever, and you made it look amazing!

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Swoobat does NOT suck in battles! One of its abilities, Simple, doubles its stat changes. So basically, Calm Mind gives +2 SAtk and SDef. I have swept with swoobat before.

Creepy picture. I've never payed attention to that hook thing on its tail but it looks sharp in this shot.

meismadatyou

Johto League Master
Holy Swoobat! ^.^

Souku

Wow, thank you all for your comments! Glad you like the Swoobat's pic, and I'm actually really happy to hear that Swoobat is a favourite! :) Skyler 99, haha I take that back then. Since I was doing a semi-Nuzlocke challenge, I think the one that I got had a terrible ability, so it didn't make a great first impression I can tell you that.

Day 24 - Duosion
24th January 2013

Eeeehhh you can usually tell when I don't like a pokémon or don't care about a pokémon... or have no idea how to draw a pokémon. Duosion is such a pokémon that I don't particularly care about haha. Plus its dex entries weren't all that exciting imo. I guess I wanted to draw it using its crazy psychic powers... but for some reason or another, I just didn't.

----

Day 25 - Bagon
25th January 2013

Okay, so, I was using my brother's laptop to draw today's pic because I wanted to watch the tennis and I couldn't be stuffed hauling my Mac desktop into the living room. In short, it was a disappointing match, and using a PC when you're used to a Mac is very frustrating. Kept pressing all the wrong buttons to undo and cut and whatever. Also I didn't have my usual brushes and that kinda made me a little cranky too, haha.

Rambling aside, I've always loved Bagon's backstory as told in the Ruby dex: It dreams of growing wings and flying, and it will do whatever it takes to achieve its dream ... such as throwing itself off cliffs. I didn't want to go with a super literal representation of that dex entry though. I wanted to draw a more thoughtful pic. Depending on how you look at and respond to the pic yourself, the atmosphere will be either melancholy or hopeful. Or something completely different if I've failed miserably at portraying either.

Last edited: