• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Souku's Project 365: Pokémon 2

Souku

Thank you very much for your comments, everyone! <3 -Raiga-, I'll keep your suggestion about the eyes in mind for later pics. :) General Nonsense, maybe they group together and when the shoots grow, they sort of... twist together... or something. Kinda like those parasite vines that grow up the trunks of normal trees. nathandg0924, I know, it took forever for one of Charmander's line to show up, eh! |D So glad you like Charmeleon's pic! I'm looking forward to drawing Charmander and Charizard too.

Now then. My apologies that I didn't update yesterday, I've been busy! I'm just sad that I broke my streak of not missing a day - and I'd been doing so well, haha.

Day 42 - Vullaby
11th February 2013

Um. Yeah. I've been busy the last two days and though I meant to draw Vullaby on the day it was chosen, I ended up falling asleep ... and I slept past midnight. When I woke up at 4am, I was like, "Snap, I broke my streak of doing a pic every day!" I wanted to draw Vullaby during the day, but more busy things happened and also I just got lazy lol. Left it 'til 10pm. OH WELL it's done now. Gonna leave this up for a full day because it didn't get its own spotlight yesterday. Which is now two days ago according to my timezone.

----

Day 43 - Hippowdon
12th February 2013

Said to create towering twisters when it blasts sand out of its back. A sandstorm made by this thing would be fierce indeed! Took about 40 mins?, was drawn right after Vullaby.

Last edited:

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
That Hippowdon is stunning. It really does look quite imposing.

Souku

Thank you so much, guys! I loved drawing Hippowdon. Apologies again for the somewhat lateness of updating today's pokémon; internet issues was the culprit. Hope you like Nidorina! :)

Day 44 - Nidorina
13th February 2013

Okay! So I actually finished this pic about 5 mins before midnight, but due to the ridiculousness of my internet, it keeps disconnecting literally every two seconds. -_-

ANYWAY. I had a ton of fun with painting Nidorina because not only is she a part of one of my favourite lines, the style in which I painted her is one of my favourites too. And the colours were calming, haha. In a couple of dex entries, you find out that Nidorina is a docile Pokémon who only raises its barbs when it's in danger. This one clearly is not in any danger!

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Aww, she looks super cute! Your take on Nidorina is great.

Souku

Thanks, guys! Glad you like the Nidorina! <33 Sorry about the lateness of update today, there was a good reason lol.

Day 45 - Latios
14th February 2013

Apologies for the late update again. My internet was still driving me nuts by dropping out every two seconds, and what made midnight/uploading time worse was that, at about 11:45pm, I got hit by a massive wave of sleepiness. Honestly I couldn't keep my eyes open and had to nap at the keyboard, even take a shower to try and wake myself up a bit (neither worked). Then when Latios' pic was done, the internet was like "Lol nope" and I thought, stuff this, I'm going to bed. haha.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure last February when I drew Latias, I was going on about how I find this pair adorable so I'll spare you that this time. For Latios, he can fly at speeds faster than a jet plane if he tucks in his wee little arms, so that was the pic for today... or should I say yesterday?

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Finally! I was waiting for Latios to show up and about time he came! I have to tell you that he's probably my 2nd most fave Pokemon (behind Lucario) and you did a great job on him! I like how you did him in an almost similar style with Latias from last year in the sense that you gave him too a somewhat avian appearance and the colors are pretty good. I have to admit, I kinda liked the Latias a bit more but her brother's very well done as well. :)

Last edited:

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Oh, wow. This just looks fantastic. Definitely one of your best so far, no question about that.

Souku

Ahh, thank you so much for your comments! <3 I'm really happy to hear that you guys like the Latios, I really wanted to get a dynamic pic going. Someday I'd love to draw Latios with his sister since they're my favourite legendaries. nathandg0924, thanks! I must say I am quite fond of Latios' pic because of the colours in it - usually I don't do crazy splashes of bright colour like that. |D So glad to hear you still like Latias' drawing!

Day 46 - Shedinja
15th February 2013

The internet is still being ridiculous so it's making updating take longer than necessary. That said, Shedinja's a pretty neat Pokémon as far as novelty Pokémon go. I used it in a Ruby game back in the day and it was pretty good... I think. Anyhoo the Shedinja here is performing some kind of move. I'm just going to say Hidden Power. (I didn't really have any clue what I wanted to do with Shedinja's pic; I just wanted to draw sparkles.)

----

Day 47 - Archen
16th February 2013

Originally what I wanted to do was draw Archen jumping from one tree branch to another, but as you can see, there's only an Archen. No proper tree background. Originally I wasn't planning on drawing in a more realistic style, but there you go. Archen was fun to draw.

Last edited:

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Wow, Archen looks very fierce. I'm excited to see you do Archeops.
And the lighting and shading on Shedinja is very impressive. It looks very eerie, and I think that's perfectly suitable for it, being a ghost and all.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Damn Archen you scary 0.0

I really really really like that Shedinja. It's kinda freakish. Love the way it has its scythe hands like a T-Rex.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Just asking, how come you haven't uploaded yesterday's artwork? Hope to see it, it might be good.

As for my comments.
Shedinja - Scary and more threatening for sure! Nicely done, especially it's arms.
Archen - That's pretty awesome!