• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Souku's Project 365 with Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I have to say I'm loving the start to the new month, bar Carracosta of course. Cradily and Exeggutor are some of my favorite pokemon, and despite my distaste for Purugly, you managed to make it appealing. I can see that you took some inspiration from crinoids in making Cradily's design, due to the more feather-like tentacles coming from its head, and I absolutely loved the pose. It really looks like it's crawling along the ocean floor. Exeggutor was great as well. I loved how you made it look more like a palm tree; the natural pose made it really look half-tree, half-animal as it's supposed to be. As for Purugly, you really captured the spirit of cats in order to create this image. If only Game Freak made it look more like a real cat.

As for Carracosta, I understand how you feel. Losing your muse is just the worst feeling. Unfortunately, that's the problem with a project like this: if you lose inspiration, you have to keep creating anyway if you want to achieve your goal. Just try to push through it and maybe your inspiration will return shortly. Try not to depend on other forms of creative outlet, however, or you may forget about this project altogether.

The picture itself honestly wasn't that bad. It looked a bit jumbled up and out of order, with some parts where they probably shouldn't be and the textures were downright sloppy. Besides that, however, the pose was great and you managed to capture the face pretty well. You can always go back and re-do it if you have time.

Dark Searchman

Serpentine Sniper
Heh, those of us who thought Shinx was cute... yeah, we're gonna think differently about Shinx now. :)

h3llsing3r007

The Ravager
Nicely Done! and I liked the latias one ^.^

Pokkle

These are wonderful! I really love your version of Roggenrola!

I think I need to colour up some of my sketches and post them here too now, you have inspired me! :)

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Wow, just wow. Mightyena and Shinx are among your best works. Shinx sure looks threatening, great job. Now we know that we shouldn't mess with it. Mightyena is just gorgeous. It reminds me of really nice paintings that feature dogs. How you did the fur on both of them was great, really life-like. They both have these great tones to them. Amazing. :)

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
Should've done Clamperl for Day 34. But really good job, I hope you finish this :3

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Haha, normally I don't like Scraggy but after seeing your work, you made me like the darn thing. That is probably the best pic and pose for it I've ever seen! Quite a nice contrast from your usual works.

Edit: Heatran is great and it's also another fave from your works. One of your best ones also. Love how you did the magma and fiery effects on it. I wonder, was that Heatran pic in the link that you posted yesterday also your work? If it is, it's pretty nice as well.

Last edited:

Souku

Thank you so much for your comments, everyone. Really appreciate them. I'm glad that the shinx, mightyena and purugly have been well-received; the mightyena and purugly are two of my favourites so far for this month.

Haha, so glad that you like the scraggy, nathandg. :b He really was very fun to draw and a welcome break to the more realistic drawings of late.

I've got Day 73 up and it's a heatran. He's actually one of the pokémon that I like, so I was happy to roll him and then practise colouring some magma.

Quinnzel

Insanely Great
I would love to see the process for how you draw some of these. They're all so amazing! Do you have any recording software? :3

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I haven't been keeping up lately but I love your recent work. I wish you would save the descriptions that went with each picture, but I guess that's what I get for losing track. I especially loved the way you portrayed Heatran, and I love the character you gave to Sableye that the games really can't convey.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Solrock looks amazing. I love your take on him, it really makes him look better.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I like your take on Gardevoir. She looks even more powerful and elegant in your work. Both Ursaring and Grovyle were great too, you were able to capture them really well. ^_^

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Oh my God. That Gardevoir is simply stunning. It's so majestic and beautiful... your best work by far, and that's saying something.

AmericanDreamer

Ho...ly....crud...

Because I knew that you were going to post one every day, I decided that I was only going to post for my absolute favorites of yours...

That isn't just one of my favorites of yours, that is one of my favorite pieces of art that I have ever seen on the internet, or indeed anywhere. Renior himself has rarely created a masterpiece that has filled me with such joy just at the sight of it.

In short, that is without a doubt the best rendition of Gardevior that I have ever seen.

Dark Searchman

Serpentine Sniper
I for one would like to see some avatar-sized versions of these artworks. I'd totally set that Gardevoir one as my UPN avatar.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
My god, Kingdra is gorgeous. I wish I commented more often, because I've loved almost every image.

Status
Not open for further replies.