• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soul Eater

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Haven't seen a Soul Eater thread in Anime or Manga.If you find one, this one can be closed

I for one love this series. Epic fights, crazy characters, overall awesomeness makes this one of my top tiers. I'll admit the manga is better but I sometimes watch the anime when I can. With Kid's kidnapping and Soul's new upgrade to Deathscythe, the series is taking a turn for the best. Can't wait to see what Maka and Soul can do now. Also, Black Star looks like his going to kick more arse than he usually does

Soo......What are your thought on the series

latios reborn

I quite liked it.
Hope they do what they did with Fullmetal and re do the anime and actually follow the manga.

Gentleman Skeleton

It seems they've changed the release dates of the English DVDs to 2010. That means one of two things: either a) Something happened and the dubbing was delayed or b) They plan a TV release on some network as of now unknown.

latios reborn

Didn't know they were doing the dvd's. But then again they are supposidly releasing the manga in oct.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Kinda stoked for the manga's release here. Despite the fact that I already read it online. I just want to start collecting them. I love the desgins and the characters. Definatly top tier

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Didn't know they were doing the dvd's. But then again they are supposidly releasing the manga in oct.
Around New Year FUNimation announced they had licensed the Anime, while yes, Yen Press is releasing the manga in October.

Gentleman Skeleton, I'm thinking - surely 2010 would have been a more realistic release anyway? Considering how they only announced their license at the start of 2009/end of 2008 and it took roughly a year to dub all of Ouran, which is just over half the episodes of Soul Eater , it would make a lot of sense if it was release Mid-Late 2010.

I myself read the manga online, I've watched a fair bit of the anime, and I have to say, the only bad thing about the manga is that pit's a monthly series xD

One thing I noticed the anime forgot - The point of the series was for Soul to become a Death Scythe....

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I love Soul Eater it's possibly one of the best looking animes I've ever seen. Black Star and Death The Kid are my favorite characters.

latios reborn

Yeah you would have thought that they would have included Soul actually becomming a death scythe in the end.
But then again they could redo the anime at some point

Soul Eater is amazing. o3o Though I'm still watching it.
Haha, I love Death the Kid and Patty. xD They got to be the most funniest characters, amirite? <3.

pokefreak in qatar93

I just finished watching soul eater yesterday and well i was sooooo disappointed at the end of the episode the final episode was all about fighting and was great !!! but then ... I won't disscuse it if you guys are not finished with it hope we can bullet point the final episode and disscuse it =3

Gentleman Skeleton

The first batch of English voice actors have been unveiled.

Death the Kid: Todd Haberkorn
Liz Thompson: Jamie Marchi
Pattie Thompson: Cherami Leigh
Death Scythe: Vic Mignogna

Another couple of them will be revealled next Tuesday and the rest on September 1st.

VesperKnight

I really like the anime(and I'm watching for the second time). I found the character designs, fight scenes, jokes and art really awesome.
I'm just hoping that it will continue soon...

The first batch of English voice actors have been unveiled.

And people are already starting to rage on the addition of Todd and Vic (if Caitlin gets cast as Maka, that might reach scouter-shattering levels). That makes me pretty sad, because having just gotten into the anime I'm looking forward to their performances.

Mimori Kiryu

And people are already starting to rage on the addition of Todd and Vic (if Caitlin gets cast as Maka, that might reach scouter-shattering levels). That makes me pretty sad, because having just gotten into the anime I'm looking forward to their performances.
Same here. I'm quite excited that Todd and Vic are in the series and it seems like everyone else begins hating a series when they (especially Vic) get into a new series. I can't understand why.

Anywho, I read the manga in Yen Press so I'm curious to how the anime will pan out. I've heard it's different but oh well. ^^; I'm going to check out the English dub. The openings to the anime are epic and addicting. Let's just hope that FUNi doesn't try dubbing them. >>

latios reborn

It is different it follow's the manga so far than veers off. It's like the first FMA

Mimori Kiryu

It is different it follow's the manga so far than veers off. It's like the first FMA
Well, that can be good or bad really. I like the first Fullmetal so as long as the series is done well, I'll like it. Besides, I like most anime renditions even if they don't follow the manga (Fullmetal Alchemist, Ouran High School Host Club, Black Cat, Gravitation...etc.).

The anime is GREAT! I like the characters and the plot.

The end of the anime isn't that great, there is a lot of talking. And on top of that, the worst person get's the kill, with an even worse motivation.

Black Star/Mifune/Stein. <3

Last edited:
Stein's VA has been revealed already--Chuck Huber. Looking at episode 5, this seems to be a pretty good choice. Black Star and Tsubaki should be coming in a matter of minutes.

EDIT:

Voicing Black Star is...Brittney Karbowski! Wow, there's a big surprise.

And Tsubaki will be voiced by...Monica Rial!

Last edited:

Mimori Kiryu

^Majorly happy with Chuck Huber being Stein. <33 My friend wanted Liam O'Brien since he seems to do a lot of scientist type characters but being a fan of Hiro (Shin-chan) and Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho), Stein is a good mix of Huber's two biggest known roles.

As for Brittany doing Black Star, I'm going to have to see it. o_O; I'm always going to hear her as Nina (Mamotte! Lollipop).

Monica Rial is amazing, so I know Tsubaki will be done well. I get the feeling she'll sound like Sakura (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRONiCLeS)

Can't wait to hear about Maka and Soul~