• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soulsilver Battle Tower Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meggs

Here's a list of what I was thinking of using for the battle tower. I'd like to keep Vespiquen and Mamoswine. Slowbro seemed like a good 3rd as a defensive, special attack user who could cover the rest of the teams weaknesses. Other opinions on a third would be nice. These builds are pretty much copied from smogon, so lmk if I should change anything for the battle tower. Thanks.

VESPIQUEN - Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Attack Order
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Heal Order

MAMOSWINE - Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor

SLOWBRO - Shell Bell
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Slack Off
- Psychic

shawn_o1

Don't forget that Smogon's articles were written with their metagame rules in mind, so expect to lose against Double Team spammers, Spore spammers and the odd Sheer Cold.

Meggs

What would you recommend as a good pokemon/moveset that can counter Double Team? Is it worth it to run a pokemon with safeguard to counter status effects or to hold berries that counter sleep?

shawn_o1

To beat Double Team:
-Odor Sleuth/Foresight/Miracle Eye
-Taunt (as quickly as possible)
-Non-missing attacks (Aura Sphere is the strongest one, if not, it's Technician-boosted Aerial Ace or Swift)

Status
Not open for further replies.