• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SoulSilver RMT

SonicSceptile

Elite Strategist
Just started replaying SoulSilver for lols and decided to use some Pokemon I haven't used, or have very little experience with. Please no egg or BF moves.

Meganium @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
PoisonPowder
Body Slam / Headbutt
Petal Dance / Magical Leaf
Synthesis / Aromatherapy

I really like Meganium's versatility as a tank/wall. Unsure of which moves to use, aside from PoisonPowder.

Noctowl @ ???
Ability: Insomnia
Extrasensory / Psychic
Fly
Roost
???

I really want to like Noctowl, but HootHoot is rather difficult to train considering it doesn't get it's first special move till Lv22, after it has evolved. Extrasensory seems like a good placeholder till Psychic becomes available.

Steelix @ Shell Bell
Ability: Rock Head
Double Edge
Iron Tail
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Rock Head is broken. Steelix's Atk stat is enough to deal serious damage and with Rock Head, Double Edge has no drawbacks (that I can think of).

Heracross @ ???
Ability: Guts
Megahorn
Brick Break / Close Combat
Aerial Ace
???

Really unsure about Heracross. As i've nevr used one, I can't deide on many moves.

Lapras @ ???
Ability: Water Absorb / Shell Armor
Surf
Ice Beam
Body SLam
Thunderbolt

Again, have no Idea how to use Lapras. Any advice.

Tauros @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Strength
Rock Slide
???
???

Couldn't think of any other moves to fit. Any suggestions.

Thanks, all advice will be greatly appreciated.

RiRiGaGaLover

Meganium @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Toxic
Body Slam
Petal Dance
Synthesis

No need for PP when Toxic is better in like, every way.

Shadow Ball or Heatwave would work on Noctowl.

I would give Lapras Psychic or something over Body Slam.

CMHennigan

Tauros @ Leftovers/Life Orb
-Return/Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Zen Headbutt

Return for STAB or Rouble Edge if you dont mind the recoil, EQ and SE/RS for coverage, Zen Headbutt to cover fighting weakness

Steelix @ Leftovers
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Gyro Ball
-Curse

curse for even more defense, and the attack boost is nice. Steelix is so slow the speed drop won't change much, and will actually increase the damage from gyro ball. Gyro ball > iron tail as it's more accurate, and combined with his low speed, can rack up SERIOUS damage. In the BT i've had +6/+6/-6 (atk/def/spd) steelix OHKO metagross which would normally wall steelix, and when you think about steelix, who can easily have 500 def at lv 100, +6 defense means 500 X 300% = 1500 def. INSANE

Last edited:

Tonguetyd

How about this for Noctowl:
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Extrasensory/Psychic/Shadow Ball/Silver Wind/Heat Wave/Hypnosis
-Extrasensory/Psychic/Shadow Ball/Silver Wind/Heat Wave/Hypnosis

It's got a lot of options for In-game.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Hercaross should use Close Combat instead of Brick Break for the greater power, and add Rock Slide instead of Aerial Ace. Swords Dance in the last slot.

CMHennigan

Meganium - You have some options. By nature meganium is defensive. Not really the greatest attacking stats or movepool, but it can be done. So if you want to go defensive, something like this would work.

Meganium@Leftovers
-Energy Ball
-Synthesis
-Aromatherapy/Light Screen/Reflect/Toxic
-Aromatherapy/Light Screen/Reflect/Toxic

Or if you want to go more offensive (as strange as this sounds) You'll want to go physical with Meganium, as the only way it can do decent damage is with Swords Dance

Meganium@Leftovers
-Seed Bomb/Razor Leaf (since you said no bf moves)
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Synthesis/Body Slam/Iron Tail

SonicSceptile

Elite Strategist
Thanks for the advice guys! After reviewing the team, I've realised the team share huge weakness to Fighting and to a lesser extent Ice. To partially counteract this, I've decided to drop Tauros in favour of Hypno:

Hypno @ ???
Ability: Insomnia
Psychic
Calm Mind
Thunderwave
Shadow Ball

Also, the reason Meganium doesn't have Toxic is that it is a BF move.

Last edited: