• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SoulSilver RMT

devondashla

After playing White 2 for awhile, I started to miss Johto/Kanto, and wanna start a new team in SoulSilver. Please tell me what you think of this team!

157.png

Typhlosion @ ?
Blaze
-Fire Blast
-Solar Beam
-Sunny Day
-Will-O-Wisp ?

Thank god I can finally use a fire starter that isn't as goofy looking as Emboar. Tell me if there are any other moves you'd recommend that would replace Will-O-Wisp, as it's only there as a semi-useful filler move. I would put Focus Blast, but I really hate the 70% accuracy.

80.png

Slowbro @ Quick Claw
Own Tempo
-Surf
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Yawn

214.png

Heracross @ ?
Guts
-Megahorn
-Brick Break
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance/Rock Slide ?

I have no idea whether to go for Swords Dance or Rock Slide on here. I'm leaning towards Rock Slide because it covers my huge weakness to flying types, but at the same time, Swords Dance would boost my attack no matter what I'd be facing. I prefer Rock Slide over Stone Edge because I don't plan on investing too much into the Battle Frontier until post-game.

468.png

Togekiss @ ?
Serene Grace
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-?

I have no idea what to put as the last move for Togekiss. Honestly, I'll probably just put Fly there for convenience's sake.

473.png

Mamoswine @ ?
Oblivious/Snow Cloak ?
-Avalanche
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Return/Rock Slide ?

What do most people put as the fourth move on their in-game Mamoswines? I've never used one before, and I don't know what to put as the last move, since I don't want to go through the hassle to get Stone Edge as a TM, and I'm already using Rock Slide on Heracross. Of course, I could use Rock Slide on here if I do use Swords Dance on Heracross.
Also, Which is more viable--Oblivious or Snow Cloak? IIRC, the only place where Hailstorms can happen n HG/SS is Mt. Silver, so Snow Cloak won't be as handy as it could be in other games. Meanwhile, Infatuation isn't exactly crippling or omnipresent, but it is common enough and annoying enough for me to consider Oblivious.

181.png

Ampharos @ ?
Static
-Thunderbolt
-Signal Beam
-Power Gem
-Thunder Wave

157a.png
80a.png
214.png
468a.png
473a.png
181a.png

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Fly on Togekiss is okay since you'll only need the first three moves anyway.

IMO, just pick Return for Mamo's last move. Oblivious ability, because like you said, Snow Cloak isn't that useful (unless you're using a Hail team which is not the case in here)

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
What I would do is replace Fire Punch for Thunderwave on Ampharos, as it's Static ability and Thunderbolt already pretty much paralyze your opponent for you. For Typhlosion, you don't seen to have many more special options, unless your up for breeding Extrasensory, so you might have to try some physical moves instead. I'd try either Aerial Ace or ThunderPunch.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
yeah, Typh's shallow special movepool basically kinda forced people to either use Focus Miss + Hidden Power, or use a Mixed set.

To be honest, I prefer Mixed set.

Typhlosion
Lonely/Naughty Nature
~Thunderpunch
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Flamethrower

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
If you wanted to keep Solarbeam, you could give it a Power Herb so you won't have to use a turn setting up and it'll move on that turn. Flamethower and ThunderPunch like Shine said, then Rock Slide, Earthquake, or whatever you want.

Well, I suggest: You may prefer to give Typhlosion Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast because of PP and that you may get annoyed by the accuracy problem. It's not enough reason for keeping it, I guess, but Will-o-Wisp may get handy in Doubles, using it on your own partner, Heracross, to raise its Attack. And just an advice: Even if you don't care about natures for this team (Example: A Docile Ampharos in your team), try to avoid the ones that affect the efectiveness of your Pokémon's planned movesets (Example: Modest Mamoswine).

I love your team to be honest I would want the same thing but I would have Lapras instead of Slowbro but that is just my opinion based on how I like Lapras more but I hope you do complete this team and I do agree with the people above flamethrower much more useful then fireblast but who doesn't love fire blast is the better question lol