• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SoulSilver Team

BCVM22

This is in-game; EVs and natures are of minimal consequence to me. All six are at Lv. 86, with multiple Elite Four and Red runs.

Feraligatr
Item: NeverMeltIce
Ability: Torrent
Superpower
Crunch
Surf
Ice Beam

Garchomp
Item: Charcoal
Ability: Sand Veil
Dragon Rush
Crunch
Earthquake
Flamethrower

Metagross
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Meteor Mash
Brick Break

Luxray
Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
Strength
Crunch
Hidden Power [Ice]
Thunder

Golem
Item: Silk Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Double-edge
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Ho-oh
Ability: Pressure
Shadow Ball
Sacred Fire
Psychic
Fly

Thoughts? I know Fire Blast is a bit of a waste on Golem and likewise for Fly on Ho-oh, but in the case of the former, it's just to give it something off-type and in the case of the latter, I want a Flyer on the team for transport purposes.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
This is in-game; EVs and natures are of minimal consequence to me. All six are at Lv. 86, with multiple Elite Four and Red runs.

Feraligatr
Item: muscle band
Superpower
Crunch/swords dance
waterfall
Ice punch

Garchomp
Item: leftovers
Dragon claw/outrage
stone edge
Earthquake
fire fang

Metagross
agility
icepunch/thunderpunch

Meteor Mash
earthquake

Luxray
return
Crunch
Hidden Power [Ice]
Thunderbolt/spark

Golem
Item: Silk Scarf
Double-edge
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Fire punch

Ho-oh
earthquake
Sacred Fire
return
Fly

Thoughts? I know Fire Blast is a bit of a waste on Golem and likewise for Fly on Ho-oh, but in the case of the former, it's just to give it something off-type and in the case of the latter, I want a Flyer on the team for transport purposes.
comments in bold

BCVM22

Now, let me ask you this: how many of your suggestions are to maximize the respective Pokémon's statistical strengths, like Waterfall over Surf on Feraligatr to take advantage of Feraligatr's strong Attack stat?

BCVM22

That answers that, then. Thanks. So losing the 15 points of base power from Surf to Waterfall is offset by the benefit of having Feraligatr's Attack stat behind it?

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Now, let me ask you this: how many of your suggestions are to maximize the respective Pokémon's statistical strengths, like Waterfall over Surf on Feraligatr to take advantage of Feraligatr's strong Attack stat?

If you know that Feraligatr needs physical attacks, you
should know that all of his suggestions were on point.

The only correction I can make that hasn't been said
already is EQ>Superpower on 'Gatr. They get pretty
much the same coverage, and you already have Ice
Punch to hit flying types.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!

Feraligatr
Item: Muscle Band
Earthquake
Swords Dance / Crunch
Waterfall
Ice Punch

SD is a welcome boost to Feraligatr's Attack. The other moves are simply good coverage and Gatr's best STAB move.

Garchomp
Item: Muscle Band
Dragon Claw / Outrage
Crunch
Earthquake
Fire Fang / Flamethrower

Personal preference here, but Fire Fang relies on Garchomp's Attack stat, which is quite a bit higher than its Special Attack. Dragon Rush is inaccurate as hell and does less damage on average than Dragon Claw.

Metagross
Shadow Ball
Zen Headbutt
Meteor Mash
Grass Knot

This is a surprisingly viable mixed Metagross set. unlike most other sets, it's quite capable of beating bulky waters and other physically defensive Pokemon with Grass Knot or Shadow Ball.

Luxray
Superpower
Crunch
Ice Fang
Thunderbolt

This is the most effective mixed set Luxray gets. It mainly relies on his sky high Attack stat, except for Thunderbolt because Spark is pathetically weak for a STAB move.

Golem
Item: Leftovers / Muscle Band
Double-edge
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Fire Punch

Fire Punch obviously relies on Golem's much higher Attack stat but still gives you additional coverage.

Ho-oh
Brave Bird / Drill Peck
Sacred Fire
Roost / Earthquake
Fly

Seeing as you don't really want to replace Fly, not much to say here. Work off Ho-oh's insane Attack here, rather than its lower Special Attack.

Don't you love that rush of power from rating an important user's team? Comments in bold.

Also, your team is very physical, and replacing several members entirely and using some special attackers (like Charizard, Alakazam or Empoleon) instead would be a good idea.