• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sound of Music, and other musical "wonders"

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Anyone remember "The Sound of Music"?
I had to watch this EVERY FREAKIN WEEK in 7th grade music class.
I quite frankly thought it was the most awful movie ever.

Anyone else have any thoughts on musical movies like this?

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Musicals in general are pretty terrible. There are a few, though, like The King and I, that I do enjoy.

Pansy :]

anustart
i normally love musicals, but the sound of music just makes me want to vomit, same with mary poppins and the wizard of oz.

Owl

G-Rank Hunter
You shouldn't ragg on it, sure its not that great. but at least they tried to make us some entertainment.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I don't enjoy musicals like The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, The Wizard of Oz, etc, etc. They're so sickly sweet that they give me diabetes. Honestly, I'm not generally a fan of musicals at all. Although I do like Jesus Christ Superstar. And the Muppet movies.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm okay with musicals, as long as both the story AND music is good. Disney is famous for having animated musicals, and I am rather fond of Disney, being one of millions of children who have grown up watching the movies. So thus it would make sense to have a liking for musicals (and being musically gifted myself, that's another little tidbit for my liking them). Besides, a lot of them are fairly catchy, and light-hearted... most of them.

I think my favorite is a tie between Fiddler on the Roof and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (which I haven't seen in FOREVER). And if it counts, the movie version of The Phantom of the Opera.

Last edited: