• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

South Park

I just used the search function and saw there was no currently active South Park thread, so I decided to start one. I don't think I'll need much of an introduction for Trey Parker's and Matt Stone's awesome, naughty cartoon and for main characters Cartman, Kyle, Kenny and Stan. Please try to accept other people's opinions and don't bash.

Here are some questions to start the conversation:

Who are your favourite characters (don't mention more than three)? Why?

Towelie: I love his catchphrase, the commercial in his debut episode, how he played Funkytown when needing to get an entry code right, and just the fact that a talking towel on drugs is awesome.

Wendy: I like how she's cute, moralistic, politically active and kind, but still has some selfish and/or mean moments, like how she got substitute teacher Ms. Ellen killed, because her boyfriend Stan had a crush on her, and how she said people shouldn't hold it against someone when losing a contest to that person, but making an exception for Cartman. I can also sympathize with her, because I share lots of her left-winged political ideas, and I'm glad she gives those a voice in the show.

Cartman: he's big-boned, hella-funny and made Scott Tenorman eat his parents, what more do I need to say?

Do you support any shippings in South Park? If yes, what ones and why?

I'm not an active member of the South Park shipping fandom, but I do like four shippings, with Stan x Wendy being my favourite, my OTP for South Park. Anyways, these are the shippings I like:

Stan x Wendy: I just think they're a really cute couple. Stan's throwing up is hilarious, Wendy fantasizing about a cruise in "Tom's Rhinoplasty" is so cute, and many more cute and funny moments. I'm even considering to do a cross-over fic with Pokemon and South Park, writing a oneshot meant to be like a South Park, but then with characters having Pokemon. I'm not sure yet, I have no concrete idea yet, this just popped my mind today and seems interesting to me, interesting enough to give some thought.

Cartman x Bebe: I like how they played lambs in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", that's the sole reason why I support and like this.

Kyle x Rebecca: I thought it was fun how Kyle fell in love with her in the episode about the home-schooled kids, and how he unconsciously turned Rebecca in a sl*t (even though the protective behaviour of her parents is the main reason for this).

Kenny x Kelly: I always thought Kenny would be the kind of guy who would just have casual sex only and never get in a committed relationship, so when he and Kelly fell in love in the rain forest episode, I was surprised when I saw it the first time, but also saw it as cute. I also like how she called him by the wrong name quite a few times.

What's your favourite song in South Park?

Choosing is impossible... I like Chef's songs, "Kyle's mom is a b*tch", the songs Phil Collins did in "Timmy 2000" and many more. However, if I have to choose just one, probably "Love Gravy", by Chef and Elton John.

Is Cartman fat or big-boned?

Big-boned of course!

Last edited:
My top three favorite characters are hands down:

Butters: He is that perfect little ray of sunshine to add to the really adult world of South Park. He works so well because he is so different than every other thing in the town. He brings balance to the Cartmans and the Mr Garrisons with his unrelenting sweetness. He's actually also gotten a lot of development due to him having abusive parents, and you actually get a feel of him maturing and growing up.

Randy Marsh: Randy is the funniest character on the show. I can't even really describe why. He's just so over the top with everything he does, and yet still isn't evil or so stupid that he's unable to function. He is a lot more like an overzealous character, and due to starting out as a blank slate, the creators got to flesh out his personality in a really interesting way.

Kenny: Kenny is interesting because he is one of the more realistic characters in the show (despite him dying, which will be a later point). Everybody knew this kid in their childhood. We all had that poor friend that knew about sex, and played with knives and always knew what everything was. Putting the coat over his mouth is a cool way for viewers to connect with the character, because he gets to be realistic while still making him interesting and even giving a minimalist perspective with his dialogue. The killing Kenny is obviously a great gag, which is why it worked for so many years. What really made it awesome though is that over ten years later, they fleshed it out and gave an explanation, even after he wasn't dying in every episode.

Also, all the songs in the Faith Plus One episode is fantastic.

My top three favorite characters are hands down:

Butters: He is that perfect little ray of sunshine to add to the really adult world of South Park. He works so well because he is so different than every other thing in the town. He brings balance to the Cartmans and the Mr Garrisons with his unrelenting sweetness. He's actually also gotten a lot of development due to him having abusive parents, and you actually get a feel of him maturing and growing up.

Randy Marsh: Randy is the funniest character on the show. I can't even really describe why. He's just so over the top with everything he does, and yet still isn't evil or so stupid that he's unable to function. He is a lot more like an overzealous character, and due to starting out as a blank slate, the creators got to flesh out his personality in a really interesting way.

Kenny: Kenny is interesting because he is one of the more realistic characters in the show (despite him dying, which will be a later point). Everybody knew this kid in their childhood. We all had that poor friend that knew about sex, and played with knives and always knew what everything was. Putting the coat over his mouth is a cool way for viewers to connect with the character, because he gets to be realistic while still making him interesting and even giving a minimalist perspective with his dialogue. The killing Kenny is obviously a great gag, which is why it worked for so many years. What really made it awesome though is that over ten years later, they fleshed it out and gave an explanation, even after he wasn't dying in every episode.

Also, all the songs in the Faith Plus One episode is fantastic.

I completely agree about Butters. I wish I could've included many more characters in my list, then I would've added the three you mentioned for sure, but I just thought it would be best to just pick a few for now. Anyways, do you like how Cartman often uses him as a friend/tool for his plans?

I completely understand why you like Randy so much, probably because of his obsessions, like the crap in "More Crap", and cooking in "Creme Fraiche".

Yeah. Sometimes I wish I could understand what Kenny is saying, but this also makes him more funny. I remember he once said something no one could understand, and then Stan and Kyle said how right he was, for example.

What do you think of the characters I listed?

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Who are your favourite characters (don't mention more than three)? Why?

Chef, he was different from most of the other adults in that he was a smart authority figure - funny, too.

Do you support any shippings in South Park? If yes, what ones and why?

N/A.

What's your favourite song in South Park?

"Getting Gay With Kids" and "Chef's Chocolate-Covered Salty Balls".

Fat.

Swampert is my Homeboy

Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma
I love South Park, i've watched every episode to date.

My favorite characters are Stan/Randy Marsh, and Cartman.

I don't really know why but I just love Stan. Like everything about him. Randy and Cartman are just hilarious.

Fat.

Fat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX_xgoo4IBM

New thread questions:

- Do you know many South Park songs by heart?

Many, pretty much all the ones I like.

- Have you ever done South Park fanart and/or fanfiction?

I did one joke South Park/Pokemon crossover oneshot and did a small doodle for it. I won't post links unless someone asks me to, otherwise people might see it as self-promotion.

- Do you miss Chef?

I do, I always like the "Hello there, children!" > "Hey Chef!" > "How's it going?"> "Bad." > "Why bad?" parts, and Chef's awesome songs. And James Taylor and Elton John must miss those duets... Of course finding a voice actor as good as Isaac Hayes for Chef would've been hard, but finding someone who could do the voice almost the same shouldn't be 100% impossible...

- What theory about Cartman's father do you prefer: his mom being a hermaphrodite and being his dad, or Scott Tenorman's dad being Cartman's dad?

I prefer the first, because it's fun to think about who the other parent must be. When I found out it turned out to be Scott Tenorman's dad, I was pretty sad about it, they ruined the fun room for interpretation.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Though the show has some nonsense plots (Refering, but not mentioning, the episode where they had a school vote to change the mascot) the ideas relayed in the show are amazing. Like the episode about Cartman getting a motorized scooter, and the implication of the handicapped, who were really just overweight.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
So I just finished watching Part 3 of the Console Wars/Game of Thrones saga and I gotta say, I'm glad they ended it acknowledging that the console wars is just propaganda used to sell the systems. Honestly I was disappointed in Trey and Matt the past 4 weeks because it just seemed like a giant advertisement for Xbox One and PS4, ESPECIALLY with all the freakin' commercials they've been showing of them constantly.

That last part, as the boys walked through the mall to the game store really got me. In it's own sick and twisted way, it was beautiful. It was a beautiful statement of what Black Friday and the holidays have become. Good job guys, good job.

Vikings

Oracle
Butters is an obvious favorite. I like most of the characters, only one I can't tolerate it Towelie for some reason.

Is anyone else pissed at Viacom for not renewing their contract with Netflix? Took all South Park and Avatar episodes off of instant streaming. I'm still majorly disappointed by it.