1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Space☆Dandy

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Eternal Darkness, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

I was watching the trailer, found it really catchy, so decided to make a thread. Anywho, one of the first anime's to be airing both subbed and dubbed at the same time.

[img139]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/4/56611.jpg[/img139]​

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Really hyped for it, as it's Watanbe directing it. (Never heard of him? Go watch Sakamichi no Apollon, Samurai Champloo, and Cowboy Bebop).

Maybe it'll compete with Kill la Kill to see which is better.

Also really hoping it's two cours, which it probably be, (Thanks Bones, when have you not done a 2 cour series? Wait, you haven't anything out in almost a year, so eh).

Looks colorful as hell and I really like it. And the voices are amazing too

2. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

I think it's going to be at least good. And fun. Not expecting another Cowboy Bebop.

I don't like that it looks so much like Redline. Not because I dislike that style but because anything that looks like Redline is going to look like it has cheap animation in comparison. And going by the trailers Space Dandy has some good animation, but it'll always look sub-par compared to Redline.

No dub trailers yet right?

3. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

It's been a awhile since Bones actually did something good, hopefully this can be the Bones of old here.
    No. 6

4. Charizard Champion#06

5. Jolteon91

Yeah, we dodged a bullet. The other 11 all hit though.

6. Charizard Champion#06

7. Jolteon91

That ****ing bee. Nothing else compares on the stupidity stakes there.

8. DalilaFetter

DalilaFetter Member

i am too with the same thought of being it nice once i got the see .. would love the other sound tittles to go for a watch if suggested likewise

9. Eternal Darkness

Well, they have like 3 chances this season, what with this, Soul Eater Not!, and Noragami. One might be a hit.

10. And Captain Earth, so 4 next year.

We got a big one last night.

Directors for the dub are Zach Bolton and Joel McDonald; and the writing team is the power trio of Jamie Marchi, Patrick Seitz, and Monica Rial. Yeah, this is DEFINITELY two-cour.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  11. Charizard Champion#06

12. Starstorm❤️

Starstorm❤️ New Member

It looks like alot of fun :). And considering that these guys worked on Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Soul Eater, FMA (both shows), Darker Than Black, Eureka 7, and many others, it's OBVIOUSLY gonna be awesome!

13. Charizard Champion#06

It kind of irks me that's the way Toonami advertises it. The first two make sense, yeah, Shinchiro Watanabe, or course you're going to mention Bebop and Champloo. You're not going to say Kids on the Slope because most people didn't watch that. But Soul Eater and FMA were both adaptations. DTB and E7 are Bones originals but Tensai Okamura (the DTB creator) isn't even listed as working on Space Dandy. You've got your regular Bones staffers here and there but not the dream creative force that they want you to believe.

Is Space Dandy going to be two-cours like Bebop/Champloo?

14. Jolteon91

It is 26 episodes.

15. hawkeye721

hawkeye721 なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!

I'll watch it, it seems pretty funny, I feeling the fanbase will really get on my nerves though.

16. Raidou Kuzunoha

Raidou Kuzunoha Detective

It's coming
    *Dandy intensifies*

I'm not the only one who honestly feels like this is gonna pull a Trigun and turn from happy-go-lucky to dark and serious halfway through.
    Because if it manages to pull it off as well as Trigun did, that is balancing humor and seriousness, it may very well shoot up to my top ten.

All in all I'm getting a 90s anime vibe from this, which is making me so hyped.

See you Space Dandy.

17. Charizard Champion#06

I don't know about it turning dark partway through. I think Watanabe made a comment like every episode is going to be like Mushroom Samba.

18. Raidou Kuzunoha

That sounds even better
    Every episode of everything should be like mushroom samba

19. Raidou Kuzunoha

Well I just saw the first episode.
    And I must say.

That was the finest acid trip I've ever been on

20. Eternal Darkness

"Now I remember why that was my last resort weapon"
    -Space Dandy

Well, they killed off the characters in the first episode, so I assume we're getting a new group every week?