• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Space☆Dandy

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Welp, looks like I gave in to temptation. Everyone on the Aloha-Oe with the Elvis wannabe, we're going on the acid trip of the season... in space.

So is Dandy's unofficial theme song "Baby Got Back"?

Was going to watch both sub and dub, but the dub came along first, so I'm deciding to stick with the dub because it made me snort. The narrator sounds like Mike Pollock for some reason even though I know it's not him (though I love how he sounds sarcastic and probably bored, he's gonna be a prima donna isn't he?). QT is cute, and Meow makes me laugh, even though Dandy's dimwittedness is funny, too. I could care less for the first half (and thus convincing me for good I should not watch this at home that's not on a portable computer with headphones), but the last half once Meow came on-board was great.

Well, they killed off the characters in the first episode, so I assume we're getting a new group every week?

In the preview, Dandy and gang are completely fine because come on, they survived through a lot of stuff that would've normally killed someone. Unless we're going back chronologically...? Though why would Meow be in the past with them...?

Or maybe it's part of the fourth wall shortage and they'll mention it next episode. Or they were the ones that rewrote the script so it may have never happened because f*** everyone they can (except they didn't tell the narrator).

Calling it.

Vernikova

Champion
It looked nice and that's the most I will give it. Maybe the next few episodes will be better.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
In the preview, Dandy and gang are completely fine because come on, they survived through a lot of stuff that would've normally killed someone. Unless we're going back chronologically...? Though why would Meow be in the past with them...?

Or maybe it's part of the fourth wall shortage and they'll mention it next episode. Or they were the ones that rewrote the script so it may have never happened because f*** everyone they can (except they didn't tell the narrator).

Calling it.

I think that rope they pulled on will save them, and they'll go back in time. My problem is how did he get a weapon that could destroy a planet and who would give him such a thing?

I just watched the first episode. It was spectacular psychedelic space adventure in space. Was very fast passed, with an awesome style and I'm very excited for the next episode.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I guess I'll stick watching this anime because the humor quality is high, not to mention the overly amazing action scene in the second half.

But since Dandy and Meow are high-class perverts, so many sex jokes and innuendos will be abound.

*Le sigh* Why must other high-quality anime shows be also the same ones that try to shoehorn perverts and big boobs? One day, I'll challenge a writing staff to avoid including sexual content... But screw that for now, I like this new anime.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
But since Dandy and Meow are high-class perverts, so many sex jokes and innuendos will be abound.

*Le sigh* Why must other high-quality anime shows be also the same ones that try to shoehorn perverts and big boobs? One day, I'll challenge a writing staff to avoid including sexual content... But screw that for now, I like this new anime.

Because sex sells. Also someone had to make a reference to the green-skinned space/alien babe trope due to being in space. It was inevitable. Also "Dandy" is in the title. Another inevitability.

That's one of the reasons why I didn't want to watch the anime, but I'm already watching Kill la Kill and have seen my share of ecchi anyway, so I might as well have seen what the ruckus was all about. The... dub was too charming to turn away, especially during the second half. And I don't see Dandy acting like all of the other sex-crazed protagonists out there. *coughmanga!LupinIIIcough*

Though I could be wrong... we'll just wait and see.

CanadianGuyEh

I honestly enjoy this anime, sure it's not as great as some others out there, but remember it's only 2 episodes in at the moment and i just watched the 2nd episode earlier today and i found it pretty funny.

Learned two lessons from it, #1 Make sure you know who follows you on social media sites & #2 Hold onto your Ramen!

Alas tho, love these Breastuarants ;)

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Not as good as first episode, but not bad either

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I really enjoyed this episode. Probably because there was only one scene at BooBies for like maybe only three minutes compared to the first episode in which it was in the entire first half. I don't know, there's just something much more intriguing about them going around and eating ramen while Meow consistently blogs their progress. I lost it when Dandy expelled his smartphone (or whatever they call it in-universe) in space and Meow screams. The characters are just so hopeless, it's really charming XD.

Though there's just something so damn hilarious as to how Pops just accidentally offs someone. His backstory for why he's so into ramen was actually pretty sweet, which made the past I dunno thirty seconds feel like a mood whiplash because you're chortling at what happened, and then suddenly you're smiling tearfully. Which is probably a good transition because chances are someone's laughed themselves to tears at that scene.

And I thought I recognized Scarlet's voice, she's Amelia Ann McFly on Trigun: Badlands Rumble. Sweeeeet. Hope she shows up more often.

Also I know I wasn't the only one who caught "Fullmetal Noodleist", but no one's pointed it out yet.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I really liked this episode, the part at the ramen stand gave me crazy-good Cowboy Bebop vibes. Much better than the first episode, overall. Also, I'm surprised the animation was good this week too. I thought they blew all the budget on episode 1 like most shows, but hopefully this level of quality is here to stay.

What Jolteon91 said.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
I've been enjoying this show! At first, I thought it would be more along the lines of Cowboy Bebop, but after the first episode and knowing what to expect, I was able to enjoy Episode 2 more for what it actually was!

The best part so far, besides the animation, is the countless references they make in each episode. "To infinity and beyond" from Toy Story, every ramen shop was named after a sci-fi movie and one was called "Fullmetal Noodlist" obviously referencing FMA, and of course the fact that there is a Hooters parody is just funny. And actually, a lot of the comedy so far is fairly clean and not pervy, which is surprising.

And Dandy himself is basically an anime version of Johnny Bravo, so that adds to the funny.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I think that Space dandy is in the right stadium but it is still too early for me to call it a homerun. The theme of random space hijinks does not always work toward a shows favor but we shall see how it goes. The hero does have style going for him and as long as you have that, everything else will work itself out. right? RIGHT?!

This episode was fun.

Is it safe to start calling this "Tentacle Monsters: The Anime" now?

Also the mech having a pompadour was glorious.
This show is a reaction-face goldmine.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh yeah, I did not want to sleep tonight anyway. Thanks, Dandy.

Also, is it safe to say this episode counts as getting crap past the radar? Because I doubt [adult swim] would really let anything resembling a vagina through. And I don't know if characters can flip the bird without it being blurred. (Though the character in question was a skeleton in the foreground.)

Whole episode reminded me of The ChubbChubbs now that I think about it...