• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Space☆Dandy

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Heeeeeey, [adult swim] aired the original OP. Hadn't really watched it before, it was nice to see. Wonder if they'll keep it. (Dandy said "All the feels", lol. Memes are everyday life, it looks like.)

After eight episodes of boobies and women's butts, we got a nice shot of Dandy's butt. That's my fanservice for the night. Gonna dream of Dandy's butt for sure. I most likely won't knowing me. The moments with Gel and Bea were great, though, we need more scenes of them.

And I thought Pup's voice sounded very familiar. That's Caitlin Glass, I know her best as Kaori Misaka from Kanon even though she's probably more well-known for Winry but I haven't really watched FMA yet. Yay, I recognized someone~

This was a nice episode overall, I giggled quite a bit this time around. The Fleas were kinda dull, but whatever. I also think this was a shout-out episode, but to what, I don't know, but that's the feeling I'm getting.

Dandy: 1.5
QT: 2.5
Meow: 3.5
Dr. Gel: 4

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So is Gel gone for good this time or is he just going to come back as if nothing happened like the main cast?

If Dandy, QT and Meow can suddenly be perfectly fine after being converted into zombies, then of course Dr. Gel is going to come back.

Anyway, this episode tried a bit too hard to force emotion. It just doesn't work in a comedy/random anime, especially when it switches back to the comedy part when they were chasing those fleas.

In other news, Space Dandy may be only 13 episodes long. Kinda sad, I was interested to see what would happen if it got into the plot later on. Also, we need more dub/sub simulcasts like this.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Also watch FMA already jeez.

>:p

I will eventually since we happen to have the first three DVD volumes of the 2003 version, and all of Brotherhood. Just haven't decided when, yet.

In other news, Space Dandy may be only 13 episodes long. Kinda sad, I was interested to see what would happen if it got into the plot later on.

Awwww, that's going to suck if it truly does end in a few weeks :(. It still feels a little too soon to be ending, in all honesty.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Totally forgot to mention this, anyone else go nuts when they saw the fridge?

I saw that, and did anyone else think that the music playing when Bea spun the track a reference to the Samurai Champloo soundtrack? The fridge is really recognizable, but I thought the 2nd one took a bit more effort to see

Also, if they had made the entire episode around Dandy's and Pup's relationship, it would've been a lot better than the second half and a memorable episode

Rio!

Composer
Oh cool, it's nice to see a topic concerning Space Dandy! ^^

Yes, he was gay for Dandy.

#yolo

The last 5 minutes of that episode were pretty interesting, lulz.
I'd love to see how Dandy managed to get out of that one, we'll probably never know. 8D

I haven't seen the latest one yet; I'll look at it tonight from my DVR and edit later. :B

Aw the first half was really sweet! The second bit seemed more like another episode by itself to be honest.
The refrigerator was pretty fuuny. ;p

So is Gel gone for good this time or is he just going to come back as if nothing happened like the main cast?

He came back after being zombified and blown up by his boss, hasn't he? So yeah, probably. o3o

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ehh... didn't like this episode. Nothing real important seemed to have happened, and I don't think it's too memorable even though it took things slow, and the scenery was at least nice to look at. That bud was annoying, ick.

Next episode looks great. So we'll be seeing Meow's family, then?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
If any of you are familiar with a game known as Star ocean then you might notice a couple of (intentional/ unintentional?) references. One being the moral and ethical troubles that can come with making changes on an underdeveloped planet and another being the space rock that warped the plants evolution. I am always glad to see things that indicate where the idea for the UP3 came from. (In Star trek terms, I believe that they call it the Prime directive) Might be a coincidence but that is what the episode reminds me of.

I was kind of sad to see that little plant girl with the shrill voice de-evolve back into a silent plant..

Exodd

In the opening there is a scene with a hand coming up to make a fist. Might that be a reference to the ending of s-Cry-ed? The hand is trying to grab a star though so maybe that's a reference to something else.

Seems like the episodes lately are shifting focus from constant comedy to fancy animation.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Ehh... didn't like this episode. Nothing real important seemed to have happened, and I don't think it's too memorable even though it took things slow, and the scenery was at least nice to look at. That bud was annoying, ick.

Next episode looks great. So we'll be seeing Meow's family, then?

I feel ya. This was my least favourite episode so far.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I agree, pretty boring episode. It didn't really have the humor or the fanservice that IMO makes this show.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Oh boy, tonight's episode is flat-out reference to
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya's Endless Eight
. :D

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This episode was much better than the last. So many funny moments...including another multiple death scene.

Meow: I'll marry Katie!
Katie: Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you already knew...
I'm gay.
Meow: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!