• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

space elephants

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
]Gallade@Muscle Band
]Jolly | Steadfast
240 Hp | 212 SpD | 56 Spe
• Bulk Up
• Drain Punch
• Shadow Sneak
• Zen Headbutt

]Togekiss@Leftovers
]Bold | Serene Grace
232Hp | 80Sp.a | 198Spe
• Thunder Wave
• Air Slash
• Aura Sphere
• Roost

]Metagross@Life Orb
]Adamant | Clear Body
4Hp | 252Atk | 252Spe
• Meteor Mash
• Earthquake
• Ice Punch
• Bullet Punch

]Heatran@Choice Scarf
]Modest | Flash Fire
4Hp | 252Sp.a | 252Spe
• Eruption
• Flamethrower
• Earth Power
• Dragon Pulse

]Octillery@Leftovers/Life Orb
]Timid | Sniper
4Hp | 252Sp.A | 252Spe
• Scald
• Ice Beam
• Energy Ball
• Flamethrower

]Venusaur@Black Sludge
]Impish | Overgrow
208Hp | 252Atk | 50Def
• Sleep Powder
• Power Whip
• Earthquake
• Synthesis

Aura Sensei™

User Title
lrn2ritediskipti0ns

May I ask why you aren't using Psycho Cut? It offers better Accuracy, and the extra crit chance. I'd replace Zen Headbutt with it, and give Gallade Scope Lens (or whatever the item is that boosts crit chance.)

CB > LO on Meta pl0x.

Hidden Power [Ice] is overall better than Dragon Pulse as it hits Salamence and co. harder.

Curse is the optimal boosting Move for Bulky Saur, it helps by buffing your Defense, however idk if it really fits in. Imo Sleep Poweder is most out of place, I'd replace it.

This has kinda given IGRMT a kick start, maybe certain people will learn. *Glances at happyhappy*.

Aurath8

And...AS covered almost everything already.

I'd put Moody on Octillery. Unless you're terribly unlucky and get -Acc+2Atk it's a pretty cool ability.
Also, Modest and 252 HP / 252 Spatk. With 45 base speed you aren't getting anywhere fast. Plus, the extra bulk and possible burns from Scald allow for more Moody boosts.

I can't help but think that for Venusaur you'd be better off with Giga Drain rather than Power Whip and Synthesis. Maybe Leech Seed for dat recovery or Rock Slide for getting rid of all your weaknesses bar Psychic as well.

Bulk Up Gallade: because standards are for squares. Leftovers > Muscle Band if you're aiming to tank.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I just realized that Zen Headbutt might be better on a more Bulky set as you're not running Night Slash, so I'm seconding Leftovers.

leave me alone! shut up!

Godamn trolls.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Well the Aura's have covered pretty much everything, but just one nitpick to make: I'm not sold on Eruption on Heatran. With the Choice Scarf, you'll be locked into Eruption, and Eruption's power decreases as your HP falls so you'll be locking yourself into a move with falling power, or you're forcing yourself to switch, both of which seem like strange routes to take. Also I haven't run calcs or anything but does Heatran outspeed a lot of things with 252 Spe and a scarf, because there's not much point running Eruption if you take damage before you can use it. That said, if you want to keep Eruption, run either Leftovers (for healing), Shuca Berry (decreases damage from Ground-type moves) or Chople Berry (decreases damage from Fighting-type moves), and you might have to run Timid so you have enough Speed to outspeed your opponent and use Eruption, but don't quote me on that.

Aurath8

Well the Aura's have covered pretty much everything, but just one nitpick to make: I'm not sold on Eruption on Heatran. With the Choice Scarf, you'll be locked into Eruption, and Eruption's power decreases as your HP falls so you'll be locking yourself into a move with falling power, or you're forcing yourself to switch, both of which seem like strange routes to take. Also I haven't run calcs or anything but does Heatran outspeed a lot of things with 252 Spe and a scarf, because there's not much point running Eruption if you take damage before you can use it. That said, if you want to keep Eruption, run either Leftovers (for healing), Shuca Berry (decreases damage from Ground-type moves) or Chople Berry (decreases damage from Fighting-type moves), and you might have to run Timid so you have enough Speed to outspeed your opponent and use Eruption, but don't quote me on that.

Timid Scarf Heatran hits 417 speed, which is faster than a Timid Jolteon (394). Considering the only extra thing you outspeed with max speed EVS is lolElectrode you can afford to put some in HP. In fact, apart from a Weavile's Low Kick, nothing really threatens you until Dugtrio.
How about 252 Spatk / 236 Spd / 20 HP with a Modest nature. That outspeeds Dugtrio and neutral natured base 130s. Or you could go with 252 Spatk / 164 Spd / 92 HP and Timid if you're that paranoid about Weavile.

And yeah, Scarf gives ridiculous speed boost when you really get down to it. It's bit ridiculous when stuff like Tyranitar begins outspeeding Lati@s and Gengar.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Timid Scarf Heatran hits 417 speed, which is faster than a Timid Jolteon (394). Considering the only extra thing you outspeed with max speed EVS is lolElectrode you can afford to put some in HP. In fact, apart from a Weavile's Low Kick, nothing really threatens you until Dugtrio.
How about 252 Spatk / 236 Spd / 20 HP with a Modest nature. That outspeeds Dugtrio and neutral natured base 130s. Or you could go with 252 Spatk / 164 Spd / 92 HP and Timid if you're that paranoid about Weavile.

And yeah, Scarf gives ridiculous speed boost when you really get down to it. It's bit ridiculous when stuff like Tyranitar begins outspeeding Lati@s and Gengar.

Oh wow, had no idea Heatran would hit such a high speed, but yeah agreeing that you can alter your EVs so you're not wasting them. (Thanks for running those stat calcs Aurath8!) And in that case you can keep Scarf because since you're so fast being locked into Eruption won't be a huge problem. Sorry about that ^^