• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spaceworld GS Demo Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Of all the scrapped evos/babies, the one I find most fascinating is Anitmon. It's Ditto's evolution, but remains normal type and continues to only have Transform as a move. And it evolves with the metal coat, of all things! Scizor & Steelix just evolved by level! Scizor also isn't even a steel type, and is green like Scyther.

Ditto is one of those Pokemon I thought would never get an evolution and the idea that it all-but-did is interesting. I suppose that might be why it was scrapped, though

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I remember seeing beta Cyndaquil and Totodile and could never get over how drastically different they originally were, now that the whole cats out of the bag, I'm in awe.

So Heracross was just an evolved Pinsir? Farfetche'd got duped lmao, poor thing. Maybe they'll come back to the idea.

Togepi being standalone isn't too surprising really.

R_N

I remember seeing beta Cyndaquil and Totodile and could never get over how drastically different they originally were, now that the whole cats out of the bag, I'm in awe.

So Heracross was just an evolved Pinsir? Farfetche'd got duped lmao, poor thing. Maybe they'll come back to the idea.

Togepi being standalone isn't too surprising really.
I think with Pinsir, it was more they decided to let Scyther/Scizor stand on its own (maybe because it got the steel typing?), they scrapped the pinsir concept entirely and brought in a rhino beetle concept to reference beetle vs beetle insect fighting.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It seems that Espeon and Umbreon have existed back then highly unchanged even though it was a bit weird that Espeon had a different colour back then. It's also interesting that Leafeon may have intended to be in Gen 2 too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The beta Pichu looks awful, which makes me glad that it was changed. Some of the Pokemon look so cool that I wish they'd been used in the final G/S.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
So much to unpack here. So many things that should have been left in. My thoughts:

I loved the water starter's final evo, wish they would have kept it.
Qwilfish's evo, that would have been awesome.
Grotess is awesome and Water/Steel is fun! Wish it would have stayed in.
So Crobat would have evolved from Golbat at lvl 44, interesting.
Baby Paras is adorable!
Animon (Ditto's evo) is such a weird pokemon but I love it. Weird that it evolves from a Metal Coat but isn't a steel type. Also, wonder what the stats are.
Baby Doduo is funny lol
Twins is SO weird but so friggin cool! Dark/Normal is awesome too! Wish it would have stayed in.
Girafarig with both bodies is cool! And Dark/Normal instead of Psychic/Normal is interesting.
Politoad's previous design was awesome! Also, it evolved from something called the Heart stone... weird. (Espeon also evolved from the Heart Stone).
Unown was originally a Normal type.
Slowking/Slowbros' Shells being an actual Pokemon is actually really cool! Water type, would have been fun!
Baby Mr.Mime is so cute!!!
Weepinbell evo that evolves from the Poison Stone. Really cool design!
Kurstraw/Pangshi is cool too! Based on a voodoo doll?
I like Murkrow's original design better.
Scyther wasn't originally a steel type, which makes sense since it was supposed to be in gen 1
Pinsir getting an evo...AH YEAH!
Warwolf is awesome and I want him in!
Original Porygon2 is weird looking.
Likk (Lickitung's evo) is pretty cool looking. Should be a branched evo with Lickilicky
Ho-Oh originally pure Flying?
Leafeon was a thing in gen 2, WOW!
Farfetch'd evo is awesome! Madame!

Poison Stone and Heart Stone were cool. Dragon Scale would have weakened Dragon moves I assume against the user. Kind of cool. Ice Bikini weakens Ice moves, Dragonite would be wearing that Bikini all day long!

Wow, just wow. Some cool stuff they scrapped!

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm surprised by how many evolutions and pre-evolutions of Kanto Pokemon were originally planned.

So am I, although I find some of them unnecessary, such as Mikon and Para. And I wonder if Gurotesu was the basis for Huntail's eventual design.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Really love this so far! The scrapped Pokemon are pretty cool. I think I like Scizor's original look the most.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Umbreon was poison? I don't see how they initially came to that conclusion. The original Noctowl and Politoed are sights to be behold. The original dogs look horrible though, especially Suicune. I'm happy a large chunk of the babies never made it through, there's too many of them and they would have offered so little.

Truer memes have never been posted.

R_N

From a game design standpoint, I'm actually surprised that Ponyta's pre-evo didn't stick. I know we all want pegasus rapidash or something similar, but consider this: Ponyta has a 410 bst and evolves at level 40.
Having an earlier, weaker Ponyta helps break up the monotony of going to 40 while still giving you a noticable power boost upon evolution. It's the same game design logic you can apply to Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Mr. Mime (as they followed through on in gen 4) and other similar babies.

Course it might have been moot. If the prototype is like the final version, then baby pokemon are relegated to gifts (Togepi, Tyrogue) or breeding (literally every other baby). Considering just how many baby pokemon there were originally, I'd like to think at least some of these were available in the wild, but....

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I didn't even realize Sunflora was originally Grass/Psychic.

I think what I am most curious about is Ditto's evo. Seems like such a strange concept.

rocky505

Umbreon was poison? I don't see how they initially came to that conclusion.
It's Dex Entries hint at it so much too.

Gold
When agitated, this Pokémon protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from its pores.

Sun
When this Pokémon becomes angry, its pores secrete a poisonous sweat, which it sprays at its opponent's eyes.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Since this is the Gold part (hence no Lugia) do you believe we can also expect a Silver part?...
I also love the idea of Giovanni being E4 member. Maybe at first there were supposed to be 2 Leagues as there is no sign of Karen and Will?

Status
Not open for further replies.