• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spaceworld GS Demo Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

One question though. Is there any chance at all that this is some super elaborate hoax? From what I've read this was leaked illegally by some random guy on the internet. Is it possible he did some sort of ROM hack to create this? I'm not saying that I think this is a hoax, I was just wondering if it's a possibility.
Multiple dataminers have confirmed this is the real deal.

Also, to be clear, being "leaked illegally" applies to like...every beta. & prototype

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Also, to be clear, being "leaked illegally" applies to like...every beta. & prototype

I know it was obvious, just saying it in case people rush to the defense of the leaker.

xrick

But isn't also kind of an universal truth that people get curious about the development process of stuff like games?
At least to me it gives me a nice amount of curiosity...despite not being a gamer...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But isn't also kind of an universal truth that people get curious about the development process of stuff like games?
At least to me it gives me a nice amount of curiosity...despite not being a gamer...
True, there are people who are really interested in how the development process worked and are interested in seeing the beta content because of that.

Missingno.Fan

I’m honestly cool with Dark being weak to Normal. Also is it just me or is there a lack of Dark types in the leaked dex? There’s just Murkrow and Girafarig.

R_N

I’m honestly cool with Dark being weak to Normal. Also is it just me or is there a lack of Dark types in the leaked dex? There’s just Murkrow and Girafarig.
Murkrow, Twinz, Girafarig, Rinring, Bellbouyant, Sneasel

Final game isn't dissimilar:
Murkrow, Houndour, Houndoom, Sneasel, Umbreon, Tyranitar

I'm guessing once the cats got cut they made the dogs dark type, then made Umbreon dark, then when they were adding Tyrantiar they made it dark type so there aws still 6.

We see a similar thing happen with the steel type
Proto: Anchorage, Grotess, Skarmory, Steelix
Final: Fortress, Scizor, Skarmory, Steelix, Magnemite & Magneton
I think magnemite & magneton only got the steel typing because they wanted steel & dark to have even reprsentation.

Missingno.Fan

Murkrow, Twinz, Girafarig, Rinring, Bellbouyant, Sneasel
Oh, stupid me. I was thinking Sneasel was pure Ice in this game and I forgot about the cats. I think I was just too hung up on the fact that Houndour and Houndoom were pure Fire when they practically scream Dark.

R_N

Oh, stupid me. I was thinking Sneasel was pure Ice in this game and I forgot about the cats. I think I was just too hung up on the fact that Houndour and Houndoom were pure Fire when they practically scream Dark.
honestly when i first saw Sneasel I thoguht it was a normal type! Pure Dark, though.

Also while taking the tally on dark & steel to make sure I didnt miss one, I noticed that Delibird was Water/Ice (genuinely would have been better for it, poor bird), Unown was Normal and HootHoot/Noctowl were pure flying
Especially notable for Hoothoot since I think it was actually in the demo for attendants to, like, fight. Implies that it wasn't a mistake like Trifox being water (oops!)

LinksOcarina

The true master
Actually it seems LinksOcarina is correct. There does not seem to be Egg Group data to be found, so breeding hasn't been implemented yet, just conceptualized, hence the Egg sprite.

It seems Togepi's introduction was what inspired breeding. Regular Babies evolve before the levels you can find them.

Edit: And yes, all babies are conceived with their modern stats and height/weights in mind. Thematically and mechanically they all make some sense, especially Tangel.

Not a public version is available. Lugia was not finalized at this point.
Ignore this statement, beta Silver version is legit, apparently. Though it is roughly the same game.

One thing I noticed as well, almost all the "baby" pokemon are also fairly egg-shaped in the beta.

To me that sort of discerns a motif they were going for with them, seemingly following Togepi as the example.

Phillies

There are a number of Pokemon here that I hope they revisit in future generations. I think they could use the original designs for Noctowl, Girafarig, Politoed , Remoraid , Octillery, the Hoppip line, Lickilicky, Tangrowth & Kingdra for future regional variants. I would also like the original legendary beasts to be reworked into its own line with a pre-evolution Pokemon that would evolve with the Fire, Water and Thunder stones.

xrick

No problem, the pearl has been properly shared to the community, all is well in the world :D

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Loving all of the pics of the locations! Saw some that look really familiar, including parts of Team Rocket's hideout :).

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The beta Pokémon are neat and all (except the Weepinbell split evolution, that makes me uncomfortable), but I'm a bit sad that no one's bringing these up:

Protogold-1-skateboard.png

Protogold-5-imposteroak.png

I remember the skateboarding mechanic being scrapped, but I don't think anyone had ever once brought up Imposter Oak ever being in a game, but there we are. Given that Giovanni was going to be in it, there was probably going to be more of a Team Rocket presence. I'm curious as to what they would've done with it.

I can't seem to find an image of it yet, and Serebii hasn't implemented uploading your own images into the post, but one of my favorite beta designs is the Beauty Trainer (you can see her at the 20-second mark here, weirdly enough I don't know why it's orange? What's that about?). Maybe it's because her facial expression is very reminiscent of the original Beauty Trainer, or it's just her outfit, but I think it's neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.