• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sparks Fly For Magnemite! (030)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It was great to see how Magnemite can be in love in Pikachu
I loved also Muk, he was so big compare to those Grimer

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
One of my favorite episodes because of how eerie it was. The setting of the story (a factory town) as well as the fact that most of the events occur in the dark is a bit creepy. Honestly I never would have guessed that a Magnemite would be attracted to a Pikachu though; they're so different. Ash capturing that Muk caught me by surprise aswell. He Oak'd it and I could tell it's fate was doomed. 8/10.

Last edited:

JohnLee

One of my favorite episodes because of how eerie it was.

Honestly I never would have guessed that a Magnemite would be attracted to a Pikachu.

Ash capturing Muk caught me by surprise aswell. He Oaked it and it really ever appears. 8/10

It was definitely eerie! Funny thing is that it aired a week before Halloween! Muk being captured was a nice surprise!

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Did anyone notice that at the end of the episode when they showed a bunch of different Pokemon behind Nurse Joy there was a really tiny Raticate and Fearow. The Raticate is smaller than the Rattata that its near. Pretty interesting mistake.

Good episode with Ash catching Muk and all. Too bad he never uses his first full Poison type that often.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Yeah i second that, this town was eerie and just dark and dirty.

Now this town has the most lazy nurse Joy ever, most Joy jump and say "oh no" about just anything, but not this one, she just doesn't worry that much lol.

Muk is awesome, i'm glad Ash got it and it was called upon at the league.

Fun episode with this nostalgia of Kanto.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Magnemite was strong, I have to say. Although their attack and Pikachu together haven't been enough to kee the Grimer away, but it does did something. As for the other parts I'd say the Muk capture was good, but his smell....

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Magnemite falling in love with pikachu just creeped me out. The redeeming part of this ep was that Ash captured muk. Still a good episode though.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
This episode has everything I love about the first season; an original plot that thought outside the game, dub jokes that are actually remotely funny, and a reminder of Ash's complete underdog-ness. He catches the episode's antagonist only for it to smell like junk!

G50

No longer posting
This was the 1 episode of Kanto I disliked the most. The only part 1 liked was when Ash caught Muk and the comedy act at the end with the Pokeball and then Professor Oak receiving it.

1/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
Magnemite's a creep. The way it was lurking in the dark alley at the beginning and how it stalked Pikachu... *shudders*

When Pikachu was acting werid at the beginning of this episode, it really unnerved me the first time I saw it. I thought Pikachu was possessed or something.

Some parts were really funny. I liked how gross Muk's smell was. Oh, and the comment about Magnemite being a streaker was awesome. How does a magnet streak? ^__~

Vernikova

Champion
Oh poor Muk, it never had much of a chance after Ash captured it. Magnemite falling in love with Pikachu was funny to see and it was made even better because there was some kind of actual reasoning behind it. Once again though, poor Muk. At least it isn't Kingler.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I liked this episode. Ash catching Muk was a bit odd but a great thing because it has some funny moments with its new best friend, Professor Oak! I also loved how the Magnemite was attracted to Pikachu in a very stalkerish way lol. Fun to watch.

7threst

This is episode one of the major reasons why I enjoy the synopsis and originality so much in Kanto. Okay, this wasn't maybe the best episode in Pokemon in general, but definitely a decent episode full of enjoyable moments.

Blessed

A spooky episode. The town scared me because of how eerie it was. Magnemite falling in love with Pikachu was so funny. Ash catching Muk was a bit odd but a great thing because it has some funny moments with its new best friend, Professor Oak!

Last edited:

melodyh8807

I just watched this episode last night, and I noticed a couple of things. First of all, animals do exist! Near the end, one of the workers at the power plant suggests the reason magnemite was following Pikachu was, "Animals are attracted to each other by scent, and electric Pokemon like Pikachu and Magnemite are attracted to each other by a build up of electric energy." Or something like that, I don't remember the exact phrasing. I also noticed that when Ash broke into the control room in the Power Plant, he said something like, "If you don't put the power back on, all those Pokemon at the Pokemon Center will die!" I mean, we all assumed they did, but I was surprised he actually said it. Also, in the Pokemon Center scene before the trio goes to the Power Plant, Sandshrew's face is the wrong color.

Canada

Banned
Another capture for Ash, too bad he almost never used his Muk.