• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sparks Fly For Magnemite! (030)

If I remember correctly, Betbeter apparently thrived in the city after the city's pollution got out of hand.

Ok that makes sense. I just didn't understand how the city got so polluted without anyone intervening to clean it up.

gentwoer

Jeezus this episode was dumb. Why are these kids sent to investigate a problem in the power plant? What's with the random don't pollute psa tacked on at the end of the episode? Why does Ash act like Pikachu is his only Pokemon when the two workers ask them to use their Pokemon to fight off the Grimer?

And Ash captures Muk and then immediately sends it to Oak even though he has an open slot in his party. Even if it was because of the smell seeping through the pokeball (which apparently gets fixed by The Fourth Round Rumble) was is Krabby still chilling with Oak?

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. The Nurse Joy in this episode was somewhat quirky. I liked seeing Ash catch a Pokemon that was causing trouble, since he rarely catches Pokemon not expressing desire to join his team. The scene in the lab was hilarious, but Muk's stench apparently disappeared over time.
8/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
When I was a kid, I found it amusing how Joi seemed so lethargic when Satoshi's group visited the Pokemon Center, but now I realize that she was sleepy due to them arriving so late at night.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Jeezus this episode was dumb. Why are these kids sent to investigate a problem in the power plant? What's with the random don't pollute psa tacked on at the end of the episode? Why does Ash act like Pikachu is his only Pokemon when the two workers ask them to use their Pokemon to fight off the Grimer?

I also found it really hypocritical for this episode to criticize industrialization when that's essentially part of Japanese culture. As for Ash's one track mind, this isn't the first time that he's put so much emphasis on Pikachu while his other Pokemon waste away.

This would've made a killer Halloween episode since the dark power plant setting was spooky and I wonder if the power plant was meant to be the anime's version of the power plant in Kanto from the games. I liked how Jessie and James had to go into the sewers and how Meowth was pumping oxygen to them and the seen where Ash got Muk was really epic too.

My favorite scene was when Ash confused the word stalker for the word streaker and I thought that Pikachu having some kind of illness was really sad since he had been healthy up to this point. The other thing that was sad was Pikachu's abandonment issues and the fact that the Pokemon Center's Pokemon would have died if Ash and the others hadn't solved the mystery of the faulty generators. This was such a dark episode in more than the literal sense. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoneman29 said:
I wish Ash catch Magnemite too.

Given that he had Pikachu, I don't see why he would've needed a second Electric-type, especially since Coil wasn't part Steel-type in these old episodes, so it wouldn't have had a second type to showcase.

Red and Blue

Since they dropped Muk's stench for its future appearances Ash could of actually kept it with him as his replacement for Primeape and Butterfree. Too bad that never happened

Too bad Ash never uses Muk
BTW, Muk has appeared in every series (it probably will appear in Journeys) except for XY, same with Bulbasaur. Then again, XY aka "I hate continuity outside my own series" was the only series which showed NONE of Ash's reserves. That was depressing. I thought I swore I saw Muk during XY. Funny is XY did a great job at revealing character's past.