• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spears and Shields - The Spirit of IGRMT

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
In case you don't understand.

Spr_5b_186_m.png

]Politoed@Choice Scarf
]Modest | Drizzle
252Sp.A | 6Sp.D | 252Spe
• Surf
• Focus Blast
• Psychic
• Ice Beam

lala~ standard is standard.

Spr_5b_385.png

]Jirachi@Leftovers
]Modest | Serene Grace
252Hp | 252Sp.A | 6Spe
• Psychic
• Charge Beam
• Wish
• Hidden Power [Ice]

That's 140% chance of getting a +Sp.A buff. And Jirachi's pretty hard to beat after setup without hazing. BoltBeam for coverage.

Spr_5b_141.png

]Kabutops@Life Orb / Focus Sash
]Jolly | Swift Swim
252Atk | 74Sp.D | 184Spe
• Stone Edge
• Waterfall
• X-Scissor
• Swords Dance

Beats max speed Landorus w/Scarf, making Kabutops the fastest threat in the game bar Kingdra and maybe Ludicolo. The rest is dumped into special defense.

Spr_5b_128.png

]Tauros@Choice Band
]Adamant | Sheer Force
6Hp | 252Atk | 252Spe
• Rock Climb
• Zen Headbutt
• Rock Slide
• Earthquake

A little blunt to be a spear, but whatever, Tauros is OP.

Spr_5b_642.png

]Thundurus@Leftovers
]Timid | Prankster
6Hp | 252Sp.A | 252Spe
• Thunder
• Nasty Plot
• Focus Blast
• Substitute

I wanted to use Lightning Rod Zapdos, but he's surprisingly useless in the Rain. Thunder+Focus Blast gives decent coverage, and priority NP and Sub is nice too.

Spr_5b_286.png

]Breloom@Leftovers
]Adamant | Technician
6Hp | 252Atk | 252Spe
• Bullet Seed
• Drain Punch
• Spore
• Swords Dance

Trainwreck those fools.

Rate away.

Last edited:
Nice team but why don't you put some STAB moves for Jirachi?

chap196

For Breloom
Use Seed Bomb instead of Bullet Seed because if it hit only 2 or 3 hits, it will have less base power than Seed Bomb, also Breloom is not a Skill Link Pokemon, so using move that have lots of hit will need only Luck. So Seed Bomb is better than Bullet Seed.
Hope this help

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
@LightningRevolver - don't really need any.

@chap196 - actually, with Bullet Seed, 3 hits should surpass Seed Bomb because of technician. So that's 2/3 chance to hit 3, 4, or 5 times. Even if it does hit twice, I'm still getting 75 BP.

Nice twist on the usual Paraflinch jirachi!

Though wouldn't you say Kabutops's defenses are too frail to be setting up without a sash?
I think if you used a adamant banded set and shuffled some EVs, it would be better than this one, unless you sash it, no?

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Yes indeed Kabutops is kind of frail - just on the special spectrum though. I was hoping I could rely on prediction to set up. I'll put it down as an option :)

Well if you do get it set up and take out priorities frsit, it'll sweep pretty easy.
Late game reserve then maybe?

chap196

Sorry, I forget about Technician, so that's why you use Bullet Seed, Just keep Bullet Seed though.
For Tauros
I think Return (when it has maximum hapiness) has more power than Rock Climb, also it has more accuracy, so I think Return is better than Rock Climb.
Hope this help

Lapras!

Banned
I think Return (when it has maximum hapiness) has more power than Rock Climb, also it has more accuracy, so I think Return is better than Rock Climb.

Yes. Seconded.

Also move those SpD Evs to HP on Tops. Don't use focus sash if this is ingame.

EDIT:

That's 140% chance of getting a +Sp.A buff.

90%, actually... I strongly recommend Psychic over Cosmic Power for STAB. The other moves won't be particularly powerful, even after a few boosts. Jirachi is already fairly bulky anyway.

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
What about Mach Punch for Breloom? He could use that priority, and it may negate the need for Drain Punch, as you're KO-ing before you take damage in the first place.

On the topic of priority, Aqua Jet>Waterfall for 'Tops, no specific reason, but it can do significant damage in the rain after a SD. May not need it with Swift Swim but w/e ^^

Politoed may be better off with Modest and a Scarf. He could use that extra power, and Timid doesn't let you outspeed much anyway.

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
you're 4/6 boltbeam weak but i'm guessing -- who gives a crap

and i still don't get the thing. is the spears in shields supposted to do with IGRMT or are you just being sarcastic lol saying IGRMT has spirit

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Sorry, I forget about Technician, so that's why you use Bullet Seed, Just keep Bullet Seed though.
For Tauros
Hope this help
But after Sheer Force, Rock climb has 120 base power.
Yes. Seconded.

Also move those SpD Evs to HP on Tops. Don't use focus sash if this is ingame.

EDIT:

90%, actually... I strongly recommend Psychic over Cosmic Power for STAB. The other moves won't be particularly powerful, even after a few boosts. Jirachi is already fairly bulky anyway.
I knew you would say that. Also, it's 70% this gen, so double that you get 140%.
Sure. Stab it is.

What about Mach Punch for Breloom? He could use that priority, and it may negate the need for Drain Punch, as you're KO-ing before you take damage in the first place.

On the topic of priority, Aqua Jet>Waterfall for 'Tops, no specific reason, but it can do significant damage in the rain after a SD. May not need it with Swift Swim but w/e ^^

Politoed may be better off with Modest and a Scarf. He could use that extra power, and Timid doesn't let you outspeed much anyway.

That's why I have Spore though.
But Swift Swim pretty much makes Waterfall kind of like a priority... and with flichax+power.
done.

you're 4/6 boltbeam weak but i'm guessing -- who gives a crap

and i still don't get the thing. is the spears in shields supposted to do with IGRMT or are you just being sarcastic lol saying IGRMT has spirit
Because IGRMT is just slapping offense and defense together - individuals. There's no real synthesis.
And I don't really care if I'm boltbeam weak.

Lapras!

Banned
But after Sheer Force, Rock climb has 120 base power.

Return's higher accuracy makes it the statistically superior option.

I knew you would say that. Also, it's 70% this gen, so double that you get 140%.

Well... factor in accuracy, and it's 90% :p

I'm also seconding Mach Punch. Otherwise you get trashed by faster pokemon since 'Loom isn't that bulky and has a few key weaknesses.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Technically Return (1.00 Accuracy x 102 Base Power) and Rock Climb with Sheer Force (.85 Accuracy x 120 Base Power) have the exact same damage output. It comes down to a matter of preference between accuracy and pure power; neither one of them is statistically better in this instance.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Nice team Jordan,but a few changes I would consider.

Politoed @Choice Scarf
Modest l Drizzle
252 Sp.Atk. l 252 Speed l 4 HP
• Scald
• Ice Beam
• Focus Blast
• Hypnosis

Politoed is weaker on the Physical side,so I would use Scald since it has a nice chance of burning the foe.

Kabutops @Focus Sash
Adamant l Swift Swim
252 Atk. l 178 Speed l 74 HP
• Aqua Jet
• Swords Dance
• Rock Slide
• Waterfall / X-Scissor

I would use Aqua Jet since it gives you priority along with STAB.