• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Special Sweeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erreip199

Im creating a team but i see it lacks special sweepers, any one can recomend good pokemons for that job? i got 2 slots left in my team and im thinking to use it with spec sweepers or 1 spec sweep and a spec wall helper

If u want to see my other team members and want to help me form em too click below
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=7580963#post7580963

Ill update below here in this post with the choices i like the most so it can be easier for me to choose, Thx for reading and hope u help me out =)

Current Options
-Houndoom
-Gardevoir

Last edited:

Romke

Dutch Trainer
what about togekiss, yanmega, alakazam?

Twilight Glimmer

Underground Trainer
Well, Alakazam has the higest Special Attack of the normal Pokemon, so it'll be a godd choice. Gardevoir hasn't an excellent movepool, buts is not so bad. If you want my personal opinion, PorygonZ is quite nice too.

erreip199

I find em a bit way too over used in my opinion, i try to use pokemon less frequently used and ive being thinking for loooong time >.> urg its a pain to who to choose from

Twilight Glimmer

Underground Trainer
I find em a bit way too over used in my opinion, i try to use pokemon less frequently used and ive being thinking for loooong time >.> urg its a pain to who to choose from

Nobile intention from you! Then, why you don't try Xatu? It isn't so bad, after all. If not, find the Pokemon do you like the most and use them...Simple but enjoyable.

erreip199

thats where the problem apears, some which i like are over used or pre evolved lol. Haunter is a fave but hes pre evolved and the rest that i like are physical based lol, i cant beliave i have a problem who to chose out or around 200 final evolutions

Kohdok

Veteran artist
I like Lanturn and Houndoom, personally. Houndoom can set up a Nasty Plot and Lanturn is the best anti bulky water type out there. I know it's listed as "UU", but it's listed as Anti-Bulk in almost EVERY WATER-TYPE POTW i've seen.

Azelf also has Nasty-Plotability.

erreip199

a problem apears i like houndoom but he shares dark type with my sharpedo so it increases my weakneses =/ check my other topic to see what im talking about i try to get not frequently used yet different tipe pokemon

Twilight Glimmer

Underground Trainer
You do? Use different type of Pokemon and attack is a good strategy, I suppose. Oh, well, everyone has his one....

However, what about Shiftry? Not so bad too.

Kohdok

Veteran artist
You could use a good psychic, though.

There's always the poorly limited Exeggutor or Roserade, Froslass, or Salamence (Seldom used as a Special sweeper)

!StatiC ShocK!

I like Lanturn and Houndoom, personally. Houndoom can set up a Nasty Plot and Lanturn is the best anti bulky water type out there. I know it's listed as "UU", but it's listed as Anti-Bulk in almost EVERY WATER-TYPE POTW i've seen.

Azelf also has Nasty-Plotability.

OMG! You like Lantern and Houndoom too! Me Too! Anyway, since those are the two i'm suggesting, here are soem sets:

Lantern
Modest
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave

Lantern kills everything, and is one of few pokemon whicjhh resists the BeamBolt stradegy, as long as it has Volt Absorb. It can also kill evry living water type that isn't immune to elctric with STAB'd Thunderbolts, and resists most things they can throw bag at them.

Houndoom
Modest / Timid
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Hidden Power [Fight] / Will-o-Wisp

This guy, i love him <3

I'm also gonna suggest some other Speciaal Sweepers, too :)

Roserade
Modest / Timid
-Energy Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder / Stun Spore
-Shadow Ball / Extrasensory / Hidden Power [Fire / Ice / Ground] / Leaf Storm

Roserade resently moved up to the OU tier, yay. Well, this rose has good potential and is good in general, so erm, yeah :p

erreip199

Shiftry is a dark type too =P and yeah those good sets of attacks but it deals with my other types my sharpedo shares em with houndoom and lanturn, as for Roserade i do find it OU also and it doesnt fit my likings either

I shall Re re re re re check the pokedex for more strong options, so far ill add houndoom to my list of maybe add

Kohdok

Veteran artist
Camerupt can special sweep with Flamethrower and Earth Power.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
There's always the poorly limited Exeggutor or Roserade, Froslass, or Salamence (Seldom used as a Special sweeper)

Specsmence is like one of the most frequently seen Pokemon, and one of the best Mence set.

erreip199

umm interesting so far im thinking between
-Gengar
-Jolteon
-Porygon z
-Houndoom
-Gardevoir
-Magnezone
-Ampharos

Im not totally sure about em though this is haaard hahaha and no legendarys =P i find em cheap

Empoleon Bonaparte

umm interesting so far im thinking between
-Gengar
-Jolteon
-Porygon z
-Houndoom
-Gardevoir
-Magnezone
-Ampharos

Im not totally sure about em though this is haaard hahaha and no legendarys =P i find em cheap

Didn't you say you didn't want OU Pokemon. Well, maybe you don't know it, but all Poke's that I made fat are OU. Soooooo... But, for a Special Sweeper, how would you like this?

Empoleon@Leftovers
Modest, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Atk

Surf
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Aqua Jet/

The first three are pretty standard. Aqua Jet to pick of dudes who hung onto Focus Sash and are too fast. 4 Atk EV's can make the diffrence for Aqua Jet, but if you're not in desperate need of it, go with 4 HP.

erreip199

Gee all those are way over used >.> urg... well empoleon shares types with my sharpedo and my scizor... and meaning that they are not OU it means they are actually weaker and couldnt stand actual OU teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.