• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Special XD Moves

Chriiis

I like any with Baton Pass because of it's usefulness if you play it right, but I have to say I kind of like Snorlax with Fissure, haha.

Last edited:

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
While the "new" moves the pokemon can have are cool, I actually like more how shadow pokemon often have rare tm (and all the 3rd gen tms aren't in the game) and move tutor moves like dig, brick break, surf, earthquake, sky attack, ariel ace, thunderbolt etc that would be harder to get (if not impossible in XD) otherwise. Often the pokemon know moves they normally wouldn't know until a much higher level! Of course on the other hand XD actually does remove some moves from pokemon's movesets, for example in firered and emerald, dewgong has signal beam as a "level one" move. But not according to the XD guidebook (unless its wrong lol). That isn't great, but overall I still like the moveset changes.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
My favourite would probably be Baton Pass because being able to pass stat boosts can be very useful.
I also like Heal Bell. I used the Heal Bell Altaria and liked it a lot.

Kalosian

So long
I found Helping Hand to be quite useful on some Pokemon. Morning Sun was also useful for healing. But the ones I liked the most were the special moves the legendaries got, like Psycho Boost for Lugia and Extrasensory for the Bird Trio.

rocky505

Psycho Boost, Feather Dance Lugia for sure. Feather Dance made Lugia a physically defensive wrecking machine in Orre Colosseum. I liked Tri Attack Togepi but since You can use Hyper VOice as a special attack normal move for Togekiss now it dropped down in the list.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Haha, I totally loved Featherdance as well, it made Lugia even more of a wall.

You want a wall, how about aggron (which is fairly easily obtainable in xd)! And to not go off topic, I think it's cool how like 30 shadow pokemon get the move refresh, which is pretty useful...although then again, perhaps wasting some money is worth the extra slot , idk...

You want a wall, how about aggron (which is fairly easily obtainable in xd)! And to not go off topic, I think it's cool how like 30 shadow pokemon get the move refresh, which is pretty useful...although then again, perhaps wasting some money is worth the extra slot , idk...

Aggron's a good Physical wall too. I just liked using Shadows to wall other shadows :3. Eh, on some walls who can afford the extra turn to heal status, it's useful. But I liked Heal Bell better since it would heal your entire team as well. :L

Cronkr

Pokemon Breeder
I like Morning Sun on both Moltres and Scyther. After transferring it to Gen 5 Roost may be the better option but keep MS on them none the less.