1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Special XD Moves

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by Rayce, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Rayce

Rayce _

Every Shadow Pokemon you capture from XD learns a special move it cannot normally know. Which one is your favorite?

Some of my favorites include Baton Pass Hypno and Tri Attack Togepi. These moves are pretty cool and unique.

2. Chriiis

Chriiis Well-Known Member

I like any with Baton Pass because of it's usefulness if you play it right, but I have to say I kind of like Snorlax with Fissure, haha.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  3. Rayce

Rayce _

Haha I do like the Snorlax too. Fissure was a pretty awesome move to get from purifying it =P

4. Pikafleg

Pikafleg Twenty-Six!

While the "new" moves the pokemon can have are cool, I actually like more how shadow pokemon often have rare tm (and all the 3rd gen tms aren't in the game) and move tutor moves like dig, brick break, surf, earthquake, sky attack, ariel ace, thunderbolt etc that would be harder to get (if not impossible in XD) otherwise. Often the pokemon know moves they normally wouldn't know until a much higher level! Of course on the other hand XD actually does remove some moves from pokemon's movesets, for example in firered and emerald, dewgong has signal beam as a "level one" move. But not according to the XD guidebook (unless its wrong lol). That isn't great, but overall I still like the moveset changes.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  5. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

My favourite would probably be Baton Pass because being able to pass stat boosts can be very useful.
    I also like Heal Bell. I used the Heal Bell Altaria and liked it a lot.

6. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I found Helping Hand to be quite useful on some Pokemon. Morning Sun was also useful for healing. But the ones I liked the most were the special moves the legendaries got, like Psycho Boost for Lugia and Extrasensory for the Bird Trio.

7. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Psycho Boost, Feather Dance Lugia for sure. Feather Dance made Lugia a physically defensive wrecking machine in Orre Colosseum. I liked Tri Attack Togepi but since You can use Hyper VOice as a special attack normal move for Togekiss now it dropped down in the list.

8. Rayce

Rayce _

Haha, I totally loved Featherdance as well, it made Lugia even more of a wall.

9. Pikafleg

Pikafleg Twenty-Six!

You want a wall, how about aggron (which is fairly easily obtainable in xd)! And to not go off topic, I think it's cool how like 30 shadow pokemon get the move refresh, which is pretty useful...although then again, perhaps wasting some money is worth the extra slot , idk...

10. Rayce

Rayce _

Aggron's a good Physical wall too. I just liked using Shadows to wall other shadows :3. Eh, on some walls who can afford the extra turn to heal status, it's useful. But I liked Heal Bell better since it would heal your entire team as well. :L

11. Cronkr

Cronkr Pokemon Breeder

I like Morning Sun on both Moltres and Scyther. After transferring it to Gen 5 Roost may be the better option but keep MS on them none the less.

12. MetalSonic

MetalSonic Orderan' Defendan'

Baton Pass Zapdos cause it was nifty

13. the "shadow moves" were awesome