• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Specialshipping General Discussion

Which do you think is a strong Special shipping hint?

• The thread tied around Red and Yellow's finger at the end of the Yellow arc

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • When Red says that he and Yellow should live together

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • The fact that Pika (Red's Pikachu) and Chuchu (Yellow's Pikachu) are a couple

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • Yellow draws Red alot in her sketch pad

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • When Red found out Yellow is a girl

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • At the end of the FR/LG arc, Red is carrying Yellow in his arms

Votes: 58 38.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Pong

Cousin Of Gold
so I have finally decided to join this thread. I know it's a bit weird that I'm a luckyshipper and I am just getting into specialshipping. I kinda avoided this thread for a long time, but a fanart struck me one day and I thought: Wow! Red and Yellow look really good together. So yeah, I'm a weird one, but hey.... I'm here.

Yummer

i lyk watermelonz.
Hello shippers! o:

I’m not trying to be a wet blanket, but… Did you guys ever notice that there are hardly any Red > Yellow(Red displaying possible hints/affection for Yellow) as compared to Red > Blue? Because to me Specialshipping seems to be entirely based on Yellow > Red moments. Other than the time he carried her sleeping-form, of course xD;

Y’see, I just re-read the FRLG saga today, and boy does Red really care for Blue a lot o: (I’m pretty sure most of you should know which scene I’m referring to.) Pretty much like how Yellow went through so much just to save Red, if you ask me. But that’s not the point as of now xD;

I’ll do some comparisons.

Here are some Red > Blue hints as copped from Bulbapedia:
1. Blue tries a "cute, innocent admirer" act in order to get him to buy her items (strong supporters of the ship often say she "seduced" him into buying them). Later Red is talking to his Pokémon about it, commenting on how he could tell she liked him, and claimed to be his age. Showing a clear attraction at the time, keeping his mind on her until a Pinsir interupts.

2. A common thing pointed out in LuckyShipping is Red saving Blue from a full speeding Tauros. Because of this, Blue seems to "fangirl" over it and call him "her hero", if only to tease him.

3. Also after Red and Blue escaped Team Rocket, Red participated in her attempts to catch Mew, despite the fact that he was against or at least was irritated by her motive (for money). And once Team Rocket reappeared, he assisted her again, standing in front of her to keep her out of the line of fire (if only to help Mew escape).

I feel that the author was intending to make Blue and Red their significant others until the arrival/creation of Yellow, hence the sudden overload of shippy moments in vol. 2.

Aaaaaaaaand onto the Red > Yellow moments after her real gender was revealed to him:
1. Blushed upon the teasing from Blue of Yellow, Misty and himself. (End of GSC saga.)

2. Carried Yellow bridal-style.(End of FRLG saga.)

If I’m not mistaken, that’s about it(sadly enough).

Personally, I think that the first example wasn’t a very solid hint. I’d have blushed too if I were in Red’s case, regardless of whether I harbour romantic feelings for either of the two girls or not. (I’d also follow-up by asking Blue to shut up, but since Red is more polite than me… xD) Moreover, Red is a rather shy character, if you ask me x;

So that kinda leaves us with example two.
Here’s my not-very-optimistic take on this:
Before Red was carrying Yellow, Blue was the one tending to her, right?
Being nice old Red, it was likely that he carried her to take off the “burden” that was weighing on Blue, and besides it wouldn’t be nice to leave Yellow sprawled on the ground, would it? >.<; (Especially since a few panels later Storc/Sird actually reappeared which required Blue to get to her feet and glare at her with the other dex holders xD)

Soooo… What do you guys think? x.x (No I’m not a luckyshipper in disguise.)

But really, I don’t think Red sees Yellow as more than just a good friend as of now >.<
Or is it my pessimistic nature getting to me again?(though to be honest I am pretty sad that I came back on to find the franticshipping discussion thread closed, so that might contribute to the issue.)
Then again, it could be my PMS...
Although, I like Specialshipping more now after having typed all that out, very oddly enough.

Gahs. Either way, I’m just sharing what I think, lols.

But anyway. On to a more positive side to this post.
I don’t know if this has been brought up, but have any of you read the detailed synopsis of Vol. 29 by Coronis? –spoiler-It was informed that Silver had been conscious all along in that form. So does it mean that all the other statues have had similar experiences? ;D Ahahaha. Yellow must have had a long nap then, no wonder she had so much energy when the statues cracked.-spoiler-

Also, if anyone knows of any good specialshippy fics, do PM/post xD Ty very much.

Last edited:
2. A common thing pointed out in LuckyShipping is Red saving Blue from a full speeding Tauros. Because of this, Blue seems to "fangirl" over it and call him "her hero", if only to tease him.
Like you said, Red's a nice guy so no matter who's in trouble, he would save them, right? As for Blue's reaction, if you're being save, wouldn't you be greatful to the person who save you? And also, Red save Yellow from wild pokémons at Viridian Forest. So if that is a hint, this is a hint too.

3. Also after Red and Blue escaped Team Rocket, Red participated in her attempts to catch Mew, despite the fact that he was against or at least was irritated by her motive (for money). And once Team Rocket reappeared, he assisted her again, standing in front of her to keep her out of the line of fire (if only to help Mew escape).
Using the 'Red's a nice guy' phrase again. Being a nice guy and seeing someone in trouble and also outnumbered, Red would definitely help her. So here's a scenario that's similar. (Blue=your friend, Red=you) Let's say that your friend forget to do his/her homework (Blue's attempts to catch Mew) and asked you to let him/her copy yours. Even though you know that that's a wrong thing to do (he was against or at least was irritated by her motive) , would you help her or let her get into trouble with the teacher (get into trouble with TR)?

1. Blushed upon the teasing from Blue of Yellow, Misty and himself. (End of GSC saga.)

Personally, I think that the first example wasn’t a very solid hint. I’d have blushed too if I were in Red’s case, regardless of whether I harbour romantic feelings for either of the two girls or not. (I’d also follow-up by asking Blue to shut up, but since Red is more polite than me… xD) Moreover, Red is a rather shy character, if you ask me x;

Being nice old Red, it was likely that he carried her to take off the “burden” that was weighing on Blue, and besides it wouldn’t be nice to leave Yellow sprawled on the ground, would it? >.<; (Especially since a few panels later Storc/Sird actually reappeared which required Blue to get to her feet and glare at her with the other dex holders xD)
I have to agree that example wasn't really a hint but many shippers would see it as one as both Red & Yellow are blushing. But Misty's blushing too, why not we make them as a threesome? =x

For example two, Green could be the one carrying her but being the cool guy, most likely he would not do that, so that left Red as the only option. And like you said, being the nice old Red, he would probably do that.

One more hint:
During both Yellow & FRLG saga, their fingers are being tied and link together by string and that's how the Red String Theory came in. I only know a bit about this theory, it is said that in some cultures, lovers have red string tied around their pinkies. Although the string might be white, (trying to keep hope high)but maybe the Caterpie is a special kind and can produce red string =x

Side hint:
Another theory comes in. "Pokémon represent the feelings of their trainers, and when two Pokémon fall in love, there is a good chance the trainers will too." And due to the fact that both Pika & Chuchu are in love and had an egg, Red & Yellow might fall in love too.

And also I hate to say that
Red's Espeon is seen with Blue's Ditto in Volume 29. But to look at thing from a bright side, Ditto is probably the most common pokémon you would use when breeding.

Yummer

i lyk watermelonz.
Like you said, Red's a nice guy so no matter who's in trouble, he would save them, right? As for Blue's reaction, if you're being save, wouldn't you be greatful to the person who save you? And also, Red save Yellow from wild pokémons at Viridian Forest. So if that is a hint, this is a hint too.
Point taken.

Using the 'Red's a nice guy' phrase again. Being a nice guy and seeing someone in trouble and also outnumbered, Red would definitely help her. So here's a scenario that's similar. (Blue=your friend, Red=you) Let's say that your friend forget to do his/her homework (Blue's attempts to catch Mew) and asked you to let him/her copy yours. Even though you know that that's a wrong thing to do (he was against or at least was irritated by her motive) , would you help her or let her get into trouble with the teacher (get into trouble with TR)?
Well actually, I only help my close friends friends in cases like that xD Though I really wouldn’t want to risk getting in trouble with teachers x.x;
But yeah, Red is a helpful person, so point taken as well.

I have to agree that example wasn't really a hint but many shippers would see it as one as both Red & Yellow are blushing. But Misty's blushing too, why not we make them as a threesome? =x

For example two, Green could be the one carrying her but being the cool guy, most likely he would not do that, so that left Red as the only option. And like you said, being the nice old Red, he would probably do that.
You do know that Misty harbours affection for Red, right…? xD;;

And yea, exactly. I really cannot picture Silver carrying her like that either, rofl.

During both Yellow & FRLG saga, their fingers are being tied and link together by string and that's how the Red String Theory came in. I only know a bit about this theory, it is said that in some cultures, lovers have red string tied around their pinkies. Although the string might be white, (trying to keep hope high)but maybe the Caterpie is a special kind and can produce red string =x
That’s most likely the author’s way of deeming the pairing canon(like the trainers ‘pair-up’ scene where their backs were turned at the end of the Emerald saga). The key point now is Red > Yellow moments, but I don’t think Red had any particular ‘special’ reactions on the ship at that time when Yellow hooked her fishing line around his pinkie, so… >.<
It was a very sweet sight though xD

-SPOILER-
Red's Espeon is seen with Blue's Ditto in Volume 29. But to look at thing from a bright side, Ditto is probably the most common pokémon you would use when breeding.
Yea, I found that disturbingly extra especially since the other four pokemon couples were of the same species. It could be a way to attain a leafeon/glaceon though, resulting in a link to the DP saga? Idk lols.
-SPOILER-

Um yea. Before I forget, a main purpose of having started this discussion is to voice out my feelings and all. I really hope the author won’t suddenly make Red all lovey-dovey towards Yellow. I’d prolly jump ship if he does that D: Because to me Red doesn’t like Yellow in that sense(not yet, of course ;D), as compared to the possibility of him actually liking Blue. But I guess that’s what makes me look forward to future DPP chapters xD

Oh and yes, I remembered a topic regarding Yellow and Red’s life after marriage, and although I have nothing in mind right now, here’s a pretty good fanfic that portrays their post-marriage relationship xD Heck, they even had a daughter, lulz.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4191495/1/My_Happy_Ending

Hello shippers! o:

I’m not trying to be a wet blanket, but… Did you guys ever notice that there are hardly any Red > Yellow(Red displaying possible hints/affection for Yellow) as compared to Red > Blue? Because to me Specialshipping seems to be entirely based on Yellow > Red moments. Other than the time he carried her sleeping-form, of course xD;
I found that interesting too, but either way, it's still my favorite shipping.

Y’see, I just re-read the FRLG saga today, and boy does Red really care for Blue a lot o: (I’m pretty sure most of you should know which scene I’m referring to.) Pretty much like how Yellow went through so much just to save Red, if you ask me. But that’s not the point as of now xD;

I’ll do some comparisons.

Here are some Red > Blue hints as copped from Bulbapedia:
1. Blue tries a "cute, innocent admirer" act in order to get him to buy her items (strong supporters of the ship often say she "seduced" him into buying them). Later Red is talking to his Pokémon about it, commenting on how he could tell she liked him, and claimed to be his age. Showing a clear attraction at the time, keeping his mind on her until a Pinsir interupts.
I remember that, but Red has changed overtime (but I still think that he gets a bit flustered around girls.
Well, she is grateful that he saved her.

Awww~
I feel that the author was intending to make Blue and Red their significant others until the arrival/creation of Yellow, hence the sudden overload of shippy moments in vol. 2.
Really?
Aaaaaaaaand onto the Red > Yellow moments after her real gender was revealed to him:
That is probably one of the most prominent hints for Special Shipping.

And this hint is also pretty big.

Like I said before, once in a while, he gets flustered around girls.

Well, the scene where Blue is carrying Yellow is a big JadeShipping hint.
Soooo… What do you guys think? x.x (No I’m not a luckyshipper in disguise.)

But really, I don’t think Red sees Yellow as more than just a good friend as of now >.<
Or is it my pessimistic nature getting to me again?(though to be honest I am pretty sad that I came back on to find the franticshipping discussion thread closed, so that might contribute to the issue.)
Then again, it could be my PMS...

^^;
Although, I like Specialshipping more now after having typed all that out, very oddly enough.

Gahs. Either way, I’m just sharing what I think, lols.

But anyway. On to a more positive side to this post.
I don’t know if this has been brought up, but have any of you read the detailed synopsis of Vol. 29 by Coronis? –spoiler-It was informed that Silver had been conscious all along in that form. So does it mean that all the other statues have had similar experiences? ;D Ahahaha. Yellow must have had a long nap then, no wonder she had so much energy when the statues cracked.-spoiler-

Also, if anyone knows of any good specialshippy fics, do PM/post xD Ty very much.

Comments in Bold.
also, for the last paragraph.
I think only Silver was conscious the whole time.
Oh, and I can send you some Special Shipping fics if you want...
(I wrote one too, but it's on Hiatus....xD )

Oh, yeah~ That is a strong hint too, but then again, wouldn't you save a young girl who is being attacked by a Dratini?

Good way of putting it Kawaii~

LOL, well, now that i think about it....that scene also counts as a MangaPokeShipping hint too.

One more hint:
That same hint is in the Yellow arc as well Kawaii.
Side hint:
Another theory comes in. "Pokémon represent the feelings of their trainers, and when two Pokémon fall in love, there is a good chance the trainers will too." And due to the fact that both Pika & Chuchu are in love and had an egg, Red & Yellow might fall in love too.
I noticed that too. (although, that theory is sort of overlooked by most people.
Comments bolded.

Um yea. Before I forget, a main purpose of having started this discussion is to voice out my feelings and all. I really hope the author won’t suddenly make Red all lovey-dovey towards Yellow. I’d prolly jump ship if he does that D: Because to me Red doesn’t like Yellow in that sense(not yet, of course ;D), as compared to the possibility of him actually liking Blue. But I guess that’s what makes me look forward to future DPP chapters xD

Oh and yes, I remembered a topic regarding Yellow and Red’s life after marriage, and although I have nothing in mind right now, here’s a pretty good fanfic that portrays their post-marriage relationship xD Heck, they even had a daughter, lulz.

Hahah, well, when you mentioned it...
I remember that the NetKun website had a poll about the top favorite characters. (I think Ruby won....)
It mentioned something about Yellow being "Red's Lover" .... O,O
Wierd...

And I like that fan fic.

Before this gets off topic, here is something new to discuss.
if you can do a cross over with Red and Yellow, what Game/Anime/Manga would you put them in?

Latias 24

Alt.name : Latiwings
Okay, clearing a little things up. *Just likes to say a few things*

kawaii-lurve said:
One more hint:

It is from us Chinese culture. I just visited a temple which had a statue one of our god, who is said to tie red strings to a couple, and bless them with eternal happiness and love.

But then, it would be too much of a coincidence for the writers to do that twice, right?

Yummer said:

Read that one already. If you want, I can list more. ^^ I just love hunting for their stories.

I like how Red is so naughty at the end, just to get annoyed by his own daughter lol.

Chamo-chan said:
Hahah, well, when you mentioned it...
I remember that the NetKun website had a poll about the top favorite characters. (I think Ruby won....)
It mentioned something about Yellow being "Red's Lover" .... O,O
Wierd...

I think I saw that poll before. Well, before it disappeared that's it. I think Red got first place, and Yellow got second, and Blue or Green got third. I think.

Making her the suitable candidate for our little hero. >_< And by the way, Ruby won the poll only for the poll focused on the R/S saga, in the corocoro magazine. ...I think.

I can't believe this club is almost over a year old! Happy Birthday Club! I miss the good old times when we used to write the club fic. >_<

Last edited:

Cierra

✮:: Southern Cross
Heya, Chamo~ Is it OK if I join? Specialshipping is one of the original hetero ships (unless you count Lucky or OldRival or MangaPoke or even Granted), and one of my all-time faves. Not only because Yellow is in it, but it makes so much sense ><' Plus, the way Red holds Yellow when the get turned to stone is so cute ><'

Heya, Chamo~ Is it OK if I join? Specialshipping is one of the original hetero ships (unless you count Lucky or OldRival or MangaPoke or even Granted), and one of my all-time faves. Not only because Yellow is in it, but it makes so much sense ><' Plus, the way Red holds Yellow when the get turned to stone is so cute ><'

Oh, sure~ You can join the discussion.

Here is the current topic:

if you can do a cross over with Red and Yellow, what Game/Anime/Manga would you put them in?

Cierra

✮:: Southern Cross

Hmm... To be honest, I don't know. Maybe have them star in their own game/anime/manga series maybe? =D

I was thinking Final Fantasy... But only because of Yuna & Tidus (first game couple that popped into my head ><'). But Kingdom Hearts might be a good choice :3 After all, you get to befriend various characters and fight side by side with them, which would be really cool with Red and Yellow (and maybe Pika and Chuchu could join in!).

Latias 24

Alt.name : Latiwings

I don't know. But I think either the writers make a game or a movie about them, because I really want to see them! I even dream about them >_<....

How about Harvest Moon? You know, you play as Red, and Yellow is one of the choices there.

razorsfire

Is a school prisoner
geee....been a while since I posted huh?
(just wanted to point out that a poll on all the characters that ever existed in the manga was on Netkun...until they removed it......Ruby is first...red is second...and yellow goes third.....ignore this comment if you don't care)

anyways...
on to the topic!!!

I don't really know...
I don't know much anime or manga...and I doubt there are matching games out there...
but I'd really love it if PokeSpe crosses over into the anime world...
although I'd still preffer the manga....
but it'd be interesting to see what voices the people would give them...
then again....I hope that an anime version doesn't happen....
mostly cause they usually make pokemon related anime all...weird...

R95irth

Hie...it has been a long time no see...? Okay, it doesn't matter if you didn't notice XD

I didn't read these long posts, sorry it's a little too big for mee, i don't understand all arguments, and it makes me mad because i can't protect Specialshipping as far as i want to...

So i answer to the question of the month ^^°

Tales of Symphonia !
Red becomes Lloyd, and Yellow becomes Colette. It's the cuter couple of the game, and it respects their characters in the original manga *_*

I want a new tales of symphonia game with us...T-T

fugthimble

i'm old now
Alice In Wonderland :D

If you can do a cross over with Red and Yellow, what Game/Anime/Manga would you put them in?

Hm. Tough one. I think Yellow fits Hinata (from Naruto), but Red isn't obnoxious or stupid, so...

Alice in Wonderland, but that's a book, so i'm not really answering, am I?
I just imagine Yellow running around searching for Red (who'd be the white rabbit) in a frilly white dress.
Lol, that came out terribly stupid, but she did run around looking for him, so this opinion of mine isn't so dumb.

R95irth

hey i just came back from Yellow's biography...

What is the meaning of this ? They said that she is officially red's lover...is it true ? =DD
Or did i misunderstood...T-T ?

Hina_chan

What biography? :eek:
R95irth was talking about Yellows Character Manga Bio on Serebii.

Since Valentines day is a week away. *since I couldn't resist asking.*

What do you think Red has planned to give Yellow " or vice versa" on Valentines day?

Last edited:

fugthimble

i'm old now
R95irth was talking about Yellows Character Manga Bio on Serebii.

Since Valentines day is a week away. *since I couldn't resist asking.*

What do you think Red has planned to give Yellow " or vice versa" on Valentines day?

The old heart-shaped box o' chocolates, of course! And a rose, followed by a short note apologizing for his clumsy speech.
I'm a sap for clichés, can you tell?
:)

Hina_chan

I guess its my turn then. ^^

Yellow would probably make Red Valentines chocolates. While Red on the other hand would strive to figure out the perfect Valentines gift for Yellow. While trying to figure out a good gift, Pika leads him over to the place in Viridian forest to where He and Yellow first met but to his surprise he finds Beautiful flowers has grown all over the place where he first met her. After picking some Yellow & Red Roses for Yellow, Red turns around to find Chuchu running towards them followed by Yellow after a long awkward silence the two Pikachus nudge their trainers towards each other to were they embrace eachother.

I know its not that very good is it ^^"

Starlight_Karu

Hope I'm not interrupting anything, but can I join? I've been a long-time SpecialShipper and I've watched this thread for a long time (since it started)....so can I?

What do you think Red has planned to give Yellow or vice versa on Valentine's day?

Red > Yellow - I'm not sure....since Red isn't really the 'type' to do this stuff...

Yellow > Red - Valentine's Chocolates^^

Sure you can join.

(oh, I haven't been active here lately, now have I? )

What do you think Red has planned to give Yellow or vice versa on Valentine's day?

I can't think of what Red might give Yellow.

But for some reason, I imagine Yellow giving Red chocolates, or a hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.