1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Specialshipping Thread - Red x Yellow! (Also PikaChuChu Shipping, PKMN's first major canon ship!)

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by shoz999, Sep 13, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

What is Specialshipping?
    It's a fan term that Pokemon fans not only believe that Red and Yellow should be a couple but are likely to be a canon couple in the future based on several subtle, and not so subtle, clues. One of the best parts about shipping in the Adventures series is that characters actually grow up and progress over time! In fact this isn't just a shipping thread! This is a coming-of-age shipping thread! A character analysis thread between two long-time heroes who saved Kanto from the brink of destruction, Red and Yellow! Now how's that for shipping lol?

[​IMG]
    We get from something sweet and innocent like this, two kids meeting in the Viridian Forest saving each other from the brink of death, to...

[​IMG]
    ...to Blue teasing them around their teens...

[​IMG]
    ... to an older Red in his shirtless glory as he holds an older Yellow in his arms...

[​IMG]
    ... to still being shirtless in all his shirtless glory as he gently puts Yellow down.

What is Pikachuchu shipping?
    This is a term not based on a belief but based on a already-confirmed canon shipping that Red's Pikachu, Pika, and Yellow's Pikachu, ChuChu are not only shipped together but even have a baby together, a Pichu named Pibu given to Gold. PikaChuChu shipping is arguably the first major ship to be canonized and this ship's captain is none other than Jasmine, the Steel Gym Leader! Not kidding, Jasmine is in fact a canon shipper who likes to ship Pokemon, in this case Pika and ChuChu.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The Pikachu Family! From left to right, ChuChu, Pika and their son, Pibu the Pichu.

[​IMG]
    Also you heard me right! This steel-type badass is the captain of this ship! It's actually canon, look it up lol. Also, I just love that picture, it's a freaking badass entrance for Jasmine's Steelix.

Rules
    1. All SPPF Rules and Shippers Community Rules apply. Read them before you post anything here.
    2. No Bashing or Flaming other members, characters, or shippings.
    3. Stay On Topic - This is a thread about Red and Yellow being together and the Pikachu family. However this is also a thread about Red and Yellow's relationship being the most likely to be canon based on the numerous attention the writer and artist have given to Red and Yellow.
    4. Let your imagination go wild. This isn't Ash and Serena stuck at 10 years old, this is Red and Yellow who've grown from children learning about the amazing world of Pokemon to experienced Pokemon Trainers as adults who believe it or not are at the marry age and in a trendy time where shonen manga, like Naruto or Bleach, are showing how far our little heroes have come as family men and women, I don't think it's too unlikely the same could happen to them. For one thing, they are not growing any younger lol.
    5. But of course. No inappropriate or inoffensive material. Don't let your imaginations go too wild.
    6. IMPORTANT! - I've been informed that one-liners, short responses that don't contribute much of the discussion at hand, will be considered spam and won't be tolerated.

"NEW" - Work-in-progress

1. Friendshipper

Inspired by the other shipping threads, here are three introductory questions but you do not have to answer all of them.
    1. Introduce yourselves.
    2. How did you found out and get into the Pokemon Adventures Manga?
    3. What do you like about Specialshipping?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 5:33 PM
  2. Friendshipper

Friendshipper Gotta Love 'Em All

That's my ship. Count me in!

Edit: Aww man I miss Yellow. It has been forever since the last time we saw her. How old do you think she is by ORAS/SM chapters?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 9:04 PM
    shoz999 likes this.
  3. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

Welcome to the thread Friendshipper! From the sound of your comment, you make it sound like this is not just a discussion post but a club. I have never thought of it that way but seeing the other shipping threads has me intrigued at the idea that I have made three introductory questions in the first post. I think I'll add a fanfic/fanart link thread once I understand how others process stuff. Anyways...

SALUUUUUTATIONS! I am shoz999! I have a ton of Pokemon knowledge that could fill a "Did you know?" fact threads for 10 pages and none it will be useful in the real world lol! How did I found out and got into the Pokemon Adventures manga? Boredom of course! Boredom of the Pokemon anime series. I thought personally Advanced Generation was the most boring season of Pokemon I have ever watched even though May was a fresh start, no offense. More particularly I was incredibly disappointed by the lead-up to Team Magma and Team Aqua. It seemed no where as intimidating as the games make it out to be. Haven't seen Best Wishes yet and I've heard mixed feelings on that series, so who knows I may change my mind. Eventually I started to just get bored of Pokemon in general until I discovered the three big story mediums, Pokemon the games, Pokemon the anime, and Pokemon Adventures. I checked it out and I was shocked how good it was that I just had to read it twice in a row. Pokemon Adventures was my first real introduction to the Pokemon world seen in the games and more. Especially more, I enjoyed the character interactions, the emotional intense action-packed battles, the liberties it took to tell the story GameFreak envisioned but could not always sell on paper and of course some romance on the side. The first hinted romances I noticed was Red and Yellow, more specifically Yellow having a big hard-to-hide crush from Red. Eventually as the manga went by, it became more and more obvious that Kusaka, the writer of the series, is definitely hinting something here.

[​IMG]
    In fact this scene here is often thought to be Kusaka's "outline" hinting which shippings will be canon in the future.

So what do I like about the Special ship? I don't know about other people but there was always something "fairytale-ish" about how they met and progress with or without each other. It starts off with Red meeting a lost Yellow in the Viridian Forest when they were kids. Like a knight in shining armor, Red saves Yellow from a literal dragon, a Dratini. It's from this, they have a sweet childhood moment, Red showing Yellow that Pokemon aren't these violent scary creatures but loving caring creatures who can potentially be your friends causing Yellow a deep new-found admiration for Red. So like a fairytale, does Yellow become some sort of damnsel-in-distress for the rest of the series! Nope! It's like reverse roles here from now on, one of which makes up a great epic, I think Yellow has saved Red's life like three times?
    • The first time Yellow saved Red from Giovanni's dangerous Gym battle where Red's life was on the line.
    • The second time Yellow saved Red was during her journeys to investigate Red's disappearance.
    • The third time I believe was during the FRLG arc during when both Red and Yellow were imprisoned as Team Rocket's Three Beasts teased how they were a couple.
    Although I believe Red has also saved Yellow's life three times too, including the Viridian Forest. One time when Yellow fell unconscious from her battle with Lance, another time was also when Team Rocket's new air base was crashing. Other than that, there is some kind of "Fairy-tale" flair to this shipping. Also their fur-babies, Pika and ChuChu, have grown up and started a family together, having a baby Pichu named Pibu. In a way, that sort of makes Red and Yellow the grandparents lol.

However the shipping is not canon yet because it's mostly just teasing, character interactions and subtle and not-so subtle symbolism's for now. All the more exciting actually when it leads up to something big in the end. You can tell Kusaka is definitely hinting something big, some huge lead-up for this ship. It's going to be the talk of the Adventures fanbase one day, full of shock, surprise, maybe some disappointment for those who don't like it, if done right.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 4:17 PM
    Friendshipper likes this.
  4. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Well-Known Member

A manga ship, yep by far my favorite manga shipping, that childhood shot where red saved her from that dratini just got me. Pretty obvious satosere in anime has taken some impressions from this ship.

shoz999 likes this.
  5. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

Yellow is 14 and Red is 16 in the Emerald manga. Assuming Bulbapedia is either wrong or it's basing it's age off of a different translation, according to Bulbapedia it says Red is 20 as ORAS and Yellow is 15 as of Emerald. They are an year off for Yellow's age, so I am going to guess, key-word guess, that Red is 19 years old and Yellow is 17 years old as of the ORAS chapter.

Edit - So apparently Bulbapedia is right because Yellow and Red are 14 and 16 by FRLG, 15 and 17 by Emerald and later 18 and 20 by ORAS because of the litlenoids appearing around November. In fact it actually gets a little interesting here because ORAS takes place around the same time as the events of HGSS which is a prequel set before Diamond and Pearl, meaning as of now they could be around 20 to 30 years of age as of Sun and Moon.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 2:26 PM