• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Just wondering if anyone else has this game. I hopefully expect to see some of the regulars from the old Spectrobes Thread here...

Anyway, I picked it up yesterday. Great game; I've been playing for 17 hours already. It is definitely a vast improvement over the original title, which was pretty decent. As for graphics, it's honestly one of the best-looking games on the DS right now. Also, Mobi Clip Video Codec is way better than Actimagine in terms of FMV quality... more games should use Mobi Clip nowadays.

I'm currently at the point where I have to explore Akaboshi and find one of Ziba's tower fragments.

Unfortunately, like its predecessor, I can see this game becoming one of the most underrated titles of the year...

Last edited:

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Oh yeah.
If you didn't notice, the top screen in the original title was mainly useless... now they've replaced it with party statistics and a map. All of the action happens on the bottom screen now.

And I just beat the game. Whoo.
Final boss battle(s) definitely trumps the old one by miles...

major may

cheese is fun
Where did you get the game? I saw it on the Nintendo site and was like Whhooaaa! Awesome! And could you please tell me if there is any new Spectropes.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
I enjoyed the original game and I'm getting used to this one, Im currently stuck on that green planet (not Daichi, Fons (I think its called that)), and the Krawl there hit hard so I can not excavate any new fossils or minerals! Do I need to evolve my Spectrobes to the evolved level?

Also, can I have a list of all the games planets and what star system they're in? It will give me some help!(I can't believe Himuro and Meido are not in the game.......)

Last edited:

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I enjoyed the original game and I'm getting used to this one, Im currently stuck on that green planet (not Daichi, Fons (I think its called that)), and the Krawl there hit hard so I can not excavate any new fossils or minerals! Do I need to evolve my Spectrobes to the evolved level?

Also, can I have a list of all the games planets and what star system they're in? It will give me some help!(I can't believe Himuro and Meido are not in the game.......)

As far as I know, you're not gonna get very far with adult Spectrobes.
Have you cleared the dark lake yet? If you have, there's a whole bunch of dark Spectrobe fossils buried in the dark lake area, which you can dig up after you clear it.
If not... well, you'll just have to make do with regular Spectrobes for now. Try to evolve them, though.

Or hey, I could always sell you some strong Spectrobes on the market. :p

And here's your planet list:
Nanairo
Genshi
Daichi
Kollin
Nessa
Ziba (Akaboshi, Aoboshi)
Portal 1
Portal 2
Portal 3

Fubuki
Hyoga
Portal 1

Kagero
Fons (Satellite)
Darkmos
Portal 2

Hakaba
Nox
Malik
Portal 3

Sorry if I missed any, but that's all I can remember.

As for Himuro and Meido being removed, it would be nice if they were included as "secret" planets that you could access after you beat the game... or perhaps in a sidequest. Unfortunately there's not much to do after you beat the game.

Does it still involve collectable cards

Yes, of course.

Last edited:

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
I thought Portal 3 lead to what was once Giorna, where Aldous came from....

It is possible that Himuro and Meido will return in the third Spectrobes game if there is one......... One more thing, if you listen REALLY close to the Hyoga background music, it sound similar to Himuro's music, that's what I think.......

Another thing, will the cards for the original Spectrobes game work on BtP?

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I thought Portal 3 lead to what was once Giorna, where Aldous came from....

Yeah, I really thought we'd see Giorna in this game. Or at least, some survivors from Giorna. Besides Aldous.

Another thing, will the cards for the original Spectrobes game work on BtP?

Yup. You have to get past a certain part in the game though.

Also, do you have a friend code yet? Wanna register me?
My code is 1977-3124-1058.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I might get this game when it comes out but I don't know.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I might get this game when it comes out but I don't know.

Wow, did you read the first post at all? It's been out for almost a week.

Also, I thought this was pretty cool, haha:

102_4166.jpg

What are the chances? xD

Last edited:

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
Uuuhhh..... what was that for? And why are you on Nessa and not wherever youre supossed to be?

And I finnaly got past the dark lake, I'm on Ziba trying to beat the vortex at Aoboshi, I really need to level up!

And who exactly IS Krux?

Ho-oh Master

OMG :O I loved the first Spectrobes game. I thought the second one came out in Nov sometime.. I need to buy this game as soon as I can. It probably wont be until this weekend >_>

I am so excited, thanks for making this topic and reminding me about it. I was looking at my DS games yesterday seeing my Spectrobes game. I wanted to play it but didn't want to get too envolved when the new one is coming out :p

I will be getting this game and playing it until Ranger comes out.

EDIT: Nice job on the Wiki! I can't wait to see all the new Spectrobes and the dark ones too.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Wow, did you read the first post at all? It's been out for almost a week.

Also, I thought this was pretty cool, haha:

102_4166.jpg

What are the chances? xD
oh sorry i didn't know. anyways, do u have this game?

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Uuuhhh..... what was that for? And why are you on Nessa and not wherever youre supossed to be?

Um. Nothing. I just thought it was funny that I had a play time of 41:41:41 at that exact moment that I saved.

And I'm not supposed to be anywhere, I beat the game a long time ago. >_>;

oh sorry i didn't know. anyways, do u have this game?

So you obviously didn't read the first post at all...

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
Hello! I'm still stuck on Ziba!

Torpoleon

Um. Nothing. I just thought it was funny that I had a play time of 41:41:41 at that exact moment that I saved.

And I'm not supposed to be anywhere, I beat the game a long time ago. >_>;

So you obviously didn't read the first post at all...
oh man. i'm pretty out of it. sorry i wont ask questions with the answer on the 1st post.

NinjaBaker

Looks like a fun game I might get just have some questions:

How does the wifi work?

How long does it take to complete the game?

Is there more to do after you complete the game?

Is the game complicated?

Thank you in advance...

;435;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.