• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Speculation on Misty/Brock's role in SM

DatsRight

As said though, their Kanto Pokemon are the ones most in need of it, while Brock's AG/DP mons at least had okay-ish screen time as comic relief and had something of personalities in the series they debuted in.

I would like to see Croagunk again though.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Quite the opposite considering what's coming in 2 months. It's unfortunate as their Pokémon (even worse for non OS mons) barely get screentime but that's how it might go down
I dont agree with it. With all the respect to gen 1 promotion, it looks really forced to show Misty and Brock with their gen 1 clothes and ONLY gen 1 Pokemon. It's like the other series didnt even EXIST. Their apperance would look really forced.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I dont agree with it. With all the respect to gen 1 promotion, it looks really forced to show Misty and Brock with their gen 1 clothes and ONLY gen 1 Pokemon. It's like the other series didnt even EXIST. Their apperance would look really forced.
I totally agree but I'm saying it's more likely for only their OS Pokémon to appear

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's worse for Brock as non of his OS Pokemon are memorable. It took until AG for him to get Pokemon with actual personality!

Misty doesn't really have any non-OS Pokemon, Politoad probably falls under the same category as Crobat. Only Corsola and Azurill are at risk for her. While Brock has a lot of Pokemon; Forrtress, Sudowoodo, Swampert, Ludicolo, Croagunk, and Chansey. Ludicolo not appearing is fine, it likes hanging out with Brock's family..... but the others deserve to show up a lot more than the rock without personality; Geodude

DatsRight

As demonstrated in the two parter beforehand though, they can still just GIVE Geodude a personality. Steelix also got a truly memorable and fearsome battle after spending most of it's time as Onix being the Worf of the group (even against Team Rocket).

While it'd be nice to see the Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon as well, I wouldn't mind the primary focus being on the Kanto Pokemon as those were conveniently the ones that got screwed over the most and need more justice.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lillie, kiawe have gotten good development in the limited screentime they have gotten and lana also have some episodes focussed on her where she even got her own z ring.

He clearly stated Mallow and Sophocles in his post so idk why you are bringing them up.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Someone refresh my memory, did we even see Crobat in the last SM cameo? I thought it was only Geodude and Steelix.
I believe Brock used his Crobat to battle Team Rocket when Ash and his friends went to Kanto.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Besides evolutions to his Kanto pokemon like Steelix and Crobat, Brock doesn't have any Kanto pokes left after Geodude:

Foretress/Sudowoodo = Johto
Marshtomp/Ludicolo = Hoenn
Croagunk = DP

I mean there's the Chansey that evolved from Happiny that was only in 1 episode, I think most people won't even remember Brock had a Chansey (they'd remember Happiny instead) so I doubt it'll be seen.
Well I want is a proof that th eother gens did EXIST. That's all.
Cuz from the 2 last Kanto episodes it just seemed like they took Misty and Brock straight outta the OS series, from 20 years ago.
Brock haing like 2-3 outfits after OS, suddenly having his old attire, not even mentioning him being a Pokemon doctor. Very logical

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Well I want is a proof that th eother gens did EXIST. That's all.
Cuz from the 2 last Kanto episodes it just seemed like they took Misty and Brock straight outta the OS series, from 20 years ago.
Brock haing like 2-3 outfits after OS, suddenly having his old attire, not even mentioning him being a Pokemon doctor. Very logical
his introduction in 42 literally had him say that he's a "Former gym leader and currently pokemon doctor in training". If anything, we need proof that gens 5 and 6 existed, given they've gotten practically 0 references in SM

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
his introduction in 42 literally had him say that he's a "Former gym leader and currently pokemon doctor in training". If anything, we need proof that gens 5 and 6 existed, given they've gotten practically 0 references in SM
Gen 5 & 6 Pokémon have appeared... though it'll be nice to see some references from those sagas. At least Ash did drop off 5 Pokeballs at Prof Oak's in the first episode of SM. And Pikachu did upgrade from Electro Ball to Electro Net.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
It's worse for Brock as non of his OS Pokemon are memorable. It took until AG for him to get Pokemon with actual personality!

Well I was always fond of his Iwark, so even though it evolved off-screen and hasn't exactly been memorable, I hope we'll see him again since he can Mega Evolve, which makes him Takeshi's ace in my mind.

DatsRight

Brock's limited battle screentime especially in the OS is also what screwed over his pokemon. After his Gym battle with Ash, I honestly don't think Brock ever won a single battle for the entire OS besides a few Team Rocket blast-offs. Hell I think he lost nearly all his battles in AG too unless I'm forgetting something.

I don't think Brock ever won a battle against a trainer till he got Croagunk in DP.

Would his Chronicles special in between the OS and AG count?

I think SM would be an ideal time for Brock to be used, since it does a better job finding niches and uses for Pokemon and their abilities over just being able to battle. I mean Kiawe doesn't battle that often either, but his team still come off as strong and reliable because they are recurrently put to use in unusual ways, and unlike Brock's early lot, they're regularly let out and allowed to interact and gain personalities. This would also fit Brock's character since he's often emphasised as 'the smart guy' as well as being a good battler, so letting Ash or another provide raw power while he does the more practical work would fit him.

The only concern is that we already have six characters fighting for relevance, unless they do another limited cast arc where Ash or another character is isolated with the two.

Last edited:

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Also, what about the one where Brock showed up in a BW special?

Leonhart

Imagineer
DatsRight said:
The only concern is that we already have six characters fighting for relevance, unless they do another limited cast arc where Ash or another character is isolated with the two.

While I find it unlikely to occur, the thought of Takeshi getting stuck with Kaki and Maamane for an episode does kind of amuse me. They'd be an odd trio.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lucario At Service said:
I just thought, what if Misty's & Brock's role in the upcoming SM Saga story relates to "Meltan" in some way?

If you mean that they might have Meltan with them, then I guess it's possible. But I think Okido-hakase would be more fitting in terms of a Kanto character who might introduce Meltan to Satoshi.