• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Speculation on Misty/Brock's role in SM

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Well since those 2 are explicitly in the poster I definitely would expect them to stay for quite some time at least. Posters doesn't usually show human characters having too minor of a role IIRC.

As already pointed out:

Being on a poster doesn't necessarily mean you play a major role. Acerola and Kuchinashi were on the previous poster despite playing a much smaller role overall than Lychee did, and Hikari was on the Best Wishes Season 2 poster despite leaving permanently in episode 10. Ibuki was on the Decolora Adventure poster despite appearing in ONE episode.

Being on a poster doesn't really mean more than the marketers wanting to call attention to the fact that you're going to appear.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Brock and Misty have already had their turn, but the question is WHEN they will be debuting once again after a year of not appearing on the show. Will it be right before the Alola League?

keepitsimple

site of lies
I'd like them to be around for a while because aside from Kiawe I don't like the Sun and Moon cast, but yeah it's more likely just another short reunion

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I'd like to see more Lillie and Brock interactions as well as Lillie and Misty and Lana and Misty.
And Mallow too. I can see both Brock & Mallow interacting for being familiar with cooking.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I might be going way out into left field, but I think Misty and Brock, being Gym Leaders, are there to advise the formation of the Alola League.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
This is a blatant lie, I like the SM series but don't go and bash the OG just for the sake of defending SM, Brock & Misty got plenty of development and focus episodes during their tenure in the anime.

Oh really, take out the humuor out of OS and it is the worst written series ever with no major storyline (apart from ash's gym quest), no major villain arc, poor battles quality, too many fillers, if misty and brock get plenty of development why were they in the background during the most of the johto series, out of all the major pokegirls misty is considered the least developed pokegirl in terms of her goal even iris who everyone hates even got mre screentime and development than her in about half the time. SM cast has been good so far and they are doing nice job with screentime of every character.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
Hopefully it's just a two-episode thing and we can get back to the regular cast.

I agree. As much as I enjoy Kasumi and Takeshi, I don't like the possibility of them overshadowing Lilie and the rest of SM's cast just for a little LG: P/E promo.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly maybe with Brock and Misty around, the cast might actually do something. I mean Misty could help Lana with the water stuff and Brock can help Kiawe and Lillie with battle training.

I don't think they can offer much to Mallow(well Brock can help with the cooking but I don't think she's gonna do more pokemon stuff so meh) or Sophocles(honestly Clemont is the only one who can help him invention and pokemon wise).

Nodame

Misty <3
WOW I’m so glad Misty and Brock are back again! :’) I think they’re here to promote the games and becuase of their popularity. I just can’t wait.

I hope they could stay on for a long period up until the next gen lol ^.^

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
WOW I’m so glad Misty and Brock are back again! :’) I think they’re here to promote the games and becuase of their popularity. I just can’t wait.

Lol they are not going to stay that long besides this is the series for SM cast to develop and have screentime not two washed up wannabies who have been booted out of show long time ago.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

Pretty sure they're just here for LGPE promotion, and not based on popularity, since if popularity were really the case, either Dawn or Serena would've been here instead since they are more popular. And I doubt they'll be here for more than 3-4 episodes tbh.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Pretty sure they're just here for LGPE promotion, and not based on popularity, since if popularity were really the case, either Dawn or Serena would've been here instead since they are more popular. And I doubt they'll be here for more than 3-4 episodes tbh.
Still, having Misty & Brock to appear twice in SM, it sure makes reactions for fans of Dawn & Serena who wanted to see their appearences in SM, particularly the latter Pokegirl.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Still, having Misty & Brock to appear twice in SM, it sure makes reactions for fans of Dawn & Serena who wanted to see their appearences in SM, particularly the latter Pokegirl.

Well in a way this also opens up the oppurtunity for every other companion to get a cameo in future series and not just routine cameos of pokegirl who comes for few episodes and then leave, so i say that is a welcome sign.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Looks like LGPE promotion. Luckily they already set up Brock and Misty's return during their first appearance in this series.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I just hope they add something to the series. I don't care if it's one episode or the rest of SM: just let them add something to the show.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I just hope they add something to the series. I don't care if it's one episode or the rest of SM: just let them add something to the show.

Oh I'm sure they'll definitely add a new dynamic to the show. Infact, even if I wasn't that amazed by the Kanto arc, the one thing I did really like was the little moments spent between Ash, Brock and Misty. They were infinitely better in that short span than the Alola classmates have ever been for the 90 episodes.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

The group dynamic will be much more interesting with both of them, in kanto arc the interactions between brock-kiawe, brock-lillie and lana-misty was the high point of that arc. I would also like to see one more match between brock and kiawe. Not to mention brock the breeder could also coach lillie in terms of breeding and training her pokemon since she could be a trainer at the end of SM.

p96822

Evolve me please
My only hope for Misty and Brock is that they get better inaction with the casts because they had no chemistry when the first time they met

Leonhart

Imagineer
Nodame said:

The writers struggle enough as things stand developing a cast of six however, so the thought of them juggling eight cast members just boggles my mind.