1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Speculation on Misty/Brock's role in SM

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by yab, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Nodame

Nodame Piipiii~

WOW I’m so glad Misty and Brock are back again! :’) I think they’re here to promote the games and becuase of their popularity. I just can’t wait.

I hope they could stay on for a long period up until the next gen lol ^.^

keepitsimple likes this.
  2. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Well-Known Member

Lol they are not going to stay that long besides this is the series for SM cast to develop and have screentime not two washed up wannabies who have been booted out of show long time ago.

Spider-Phoenix and Akkipeddi like this.
  3. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi How do you like that Silver!

Pretty sure they're just here for LGPE promotion, and not based on popularity, since if popularity were really the case, either Dawn or Serena would've been here instead since they are more popular. And I doubt they'll be here for more than 3-4 episodes tbh.

4. AznKei

AznKei Pump It Up Prime 2 Girl

Still, having Misty & Brock to appear twice in SM, it sure makes reactions for fans of Dawn & Serena who wanted to see their appearences in SM, particularly the latter Pokegirl.

5. ash&charizardfan

Well in a way this also opens up the oppurtunity for every other companion to get a cameo in future series and not just routine cameos of pokegirl who comes for few episodes and then leave, so i say that is a welcome sign.

6. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Member

Looks like LGPE promotion. Luckily they already set up Brock and Misty's return during their first appearance in this series.

7. Ignition

Ignition Let's Go supporters are worse than the complainers

I just hope they add something to the series. I don't care if it's one episode or the rest of SM: just let them add something to the show.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  8. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi How do you like that Silver!

Oh I'm sure they'll definitely add a new dynamic to the show. Infact, even if I wasn't that amazed by the Kanto arc, the one thing I did really like was the little moments spent between Ash, Brock and Misty. They were infinitely better in that short span than the Alola classmates have ever been for the 90 episodes.

9. ash&charizardfan

The group dynamic will be much more interesting with both of them, in kanto arc the interactions between brock-kiawe, brock-lillie and lana-misty was the high point of that arc. I would also like to see one more match between brock and kiawe. Not to mention brock the breeder could also coach lillie in terms of breeding and training her pokemon since she could be a trainer at the end of SM.

TheWanderingMist and Darthlord7 like this.
  10. yab

yab Well-Known Member

Lana is the first time we've had another water pokemon trainer on the cast after Misty, it would be weird not for Misty and Lana to bond. They had a brief moment last time but not enough. It is too bad Lana only has one pokemon, I wish she got that Dewspider and she could introduce Misty to a bug/water pokemon.

11. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

My only hope for Misty and Brock is that they get better inaction with the casts because they had no chemistry when the first time they met

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

The writers struggle enough as things stand developing a cast of six however, so the thought of them juggling eight cast members just boggles my mind.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  13. yab

yab Well-Known Member

Don't forget the SM cast isn't just Ash and the 5 classmates, it's also Team Rocket, Gladion, Prof. Kukui, Lusamine, Faba, soon Hau, and all the other recurring characters this gen. This saga has the largest cast of characters we've had in a long time.

14. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Well that too. I just hope that Takeshi and Kasumi's return lasts two or three episodes at most and that it'll involve another field trip to Kanto.

15. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Active Member

I don’t think they’re going on another field trip to Kanto, since the last time they were there they promised they would come visit Ash in Alola, so I’m assuming they hold up to that promise.

I’m one of the people who wouldn’t mind if they stuck around for a while. Sure, the writers are struggling with handling the characters they already have, but I’ve always preferred the OS trio’s dynamic over any other group dynamic so just seeing them interact makes me happy and keeps me entertained..

As for their popularity, since I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread, I don’t think it’s fair to discredit their popularity. They were the original companions and apart of what made the show a success in the first place. Dawn and Serena are incredibly popular also, since Serena was the most recent Pokegirl to leave and Dawn is one of the characters with the best development but doesn’t mean the original companions aren’t just as popular. I mean they could be the worst companions ever, but they will always be the first ones and people will always be fond of them for that fact alone.

keepitsimple likes this.
  16. yab

yab Well-Known Member

I don't know if we'll see their non-Kanto pokemon. We only see Steelix because it's an evo of his Onix, but stuff like Croagunk from DP probably aren't going to appear. It's a Let's Go Kanto advertising arc, I really don't see Hoenn or Sinnoh Pokemon appearing.

Misty also had an Azurill back in AG that seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth. It seemed like it was going to be her new baby pokemon but hasn't appeared since.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  17. Dragalge

Dragalge ⎝╲⎝⧹⎝╲⎝⧹Turk⧸⎠╱⎠⧸⎠╱⎠

Had some thoughts on this but was somewhat busy to finish the post...

Anyway I’m not expecting much from the two other then to help create the Alola League. With that said, I hope they interact with the classmates better. Stuff like:

- Kiawe training with Brock to prepare for the league. Perhaps teach Kiawe a strategy or two with his Pokemon.
    - Brock teaching Mallow some Kantonian recipes to help expand her restaurant with more diverse dishes from different regions (bonus if her brother appeared as they’re somewhat similar when it comes to finding a woman they like :p)
    - Lana showing Misty a Dewpider/Wimpod. Seriously it this doesn’t happen, we’ll never know how Misty will react to a water/bug Pokemon.

Really, just let the final idea come true then I’ll be content

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  18. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Wash up wannabes wow, You realize that one of those "washed up characters" is the third longest running character on the show outside of Ash and TR right??

The SM cast has had close to a 100 episodes to "develop" and the vast majority of them have done very little in the long run.

keepitsimple and cmarston1 like this.
  19. ash&charizardfan

That's why this is the time for SM cast to develop now since they will be gone after 50 episodes and that's what some people here are bothered about. As for brock he was replaced some 8-9 years ago so that's pretty long time now, besides even now most of the people complained about him doing nothing in his last two series runs.

20. Aquafinna

Aquafinna Active Member

To be honest they DIDN’T have to appear in the new season. They could of just introduced the protagonist of LGPE like in DP and called it a day. Popularity definitely has something to do with this. People have been waiting an entire decade to see Misty and now luckily we’re getting a double appearance