• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Speculation] The "Which place is this" thread

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Excited for older Sinnoh? Me too! Then lets guess the places we saw in screenshots and trailer. Of course since its open world and the landscapes look different, only vague predictions. Lets begin with some screenshots.

14.jpg

Could be a Lake. In the background it looks like you can see the sea. Closest one to the sea of the three big lakes is Lake Verity.

9.jpg

You can see a big tree in what looks to be a forest in the background (maybe Eterna Forest?). Probably any place between Floaroma Town and Eterna City (of course they probably don't exist in that form in the game)

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
People speculate that the base town is Celestic Town, as it was one of the older towns in Sinnoh.

Huh, I was thinking Hearthome City, since it's closer to the center of Sinnoh whereas Celestic Town is off on the outskirts; this would make for better gameplay as it would provide easier access to the rest of the game and allows you access out in all directions. Hearthome also runs mostly east-west along a single street, which, when the camera is moved 90 degrees, rsembles the structure of this town (as far as we know).

Alternatively, the town might not even exist in modern Sinnoh as we know it. In the real world, as time passes, some towns flourish and expand while others wither and shrink. Some disappear entirely, becoming ghost towns, and there's no upper limit to how large a town can be to become a ghost town: Centralia, Pennsylvania, USA dwindled into a ghost town in the 1960s due to the emergence of an underground fire that made the entire area unsafe to live in. Varosha, Cyprus, was a city of over 1 million inhabitants until it was completely abandoned in the 1970s (though that was due to a political dispute). And, of course, there's Chernobyl, Ukraine, a fairly large city that was completely evacuated in the 1980s for reasons that are now common knowledge.

It is very possible that the Arceus, or some other force (possibly Darkrai?) destroys this town at the end, and people relocate to other locations.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Huh, I was thinking Hearthome City, since it's closer to the center of Sinnoh whereas Celestic Town is off on the outskirts; this would make for better gameplay as it would provide easier access to the rest of the game and allows you access out in all directions. Hearthome also runs mostly east-west along a single street, which, when the camera is moved 90 degrees, rsembles the structure of this town (as far as we know).

Alternatively, the town might not even exist in modern Sinnoh as we know it. In the real world, as time passes, some towns flourish and expand while others wither and shrink. Some disappear entirely, becoming ghost towns, and there's no upper limit to how large a town can be to become a ghost town: Centralia, Pennsylvania, USA dwindled into a ghost town in the 1960s due to the emergence of an underground fire that made the entire area unsafe to live in. Varosha, Cyprus, was a city of over 1 million inhabitants until it was completely abandoned in the 1970s (though that was due to a political dispute). And, of course, there's Chernobyl, Ukraine, a fairly large city that was completely evacuated in the 1980s for reasons that are now common knowledge.

It is very possible that the Arceus, or some other force (possibly Darkrai?) destroys this town at the end, and people relocate to other locations.

Good point. What about Veilstone? We know a meteorite shower hit it, what if this town is Veilstone, but it gets completely destroyed and Veilstone is the new city that was built upon the ashes?

Also, it could just be Eterna City. I mean it does have the statue and all that lore built into it already.

Also, there's a street that goes from west to east in Hearthome, but it's not really as if the town is built around that. The town is actually pretty much built around a circular road that attaches to that straight. Eterna City would make more sense since it's basically one straight road downwards (with a top bit going slightly east towards the statue.

Phillies

Actually there are still a handful of people currently living in Centralia. They were granted permission to live out their lives there after which PA will emanate domain their property like they have the rest of the town.

As far as this settlement becoming a ghost town I think it would be interesting if at the end the settlement just disappeared like Roanoke colony did. It would explain why our starter pokemon aren't around in present day Sinnoh. I doubt GameFreak would want to go dark like that though.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Starting your game in a peripheral area has been probably one of the only constants of Pokemon since it's inception, lol. I'd wager that we don't start in Twinleaf Town, obviously, but I do feel as though Canalave, Celestic, Eterna, or even Sunyshore are likely start points as peripheral towns that have areas close to them that follow traditional tropes of pokemon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Canalava strikes me as too water'y for it to be a match. I suppose you could move south from it in an open world setting, so instead of instantly needing to surf to cross the water, you could move south to Lake Verity.

But at that point, what would be the big deal? I mean you would have technically started from a different point, but back on the same trajectory by the first route you visit. -.-

WalesNote

Perhaps the starting town is either an old version of Celestic Town, or a town that no longer exists.
And that evening screenshot looks really nice, though I can't say where it is located. Eterna Forest is the only logical answer, or close to it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Good point. What about Veilstone? We know a meteorite shower hit it, what if this town is Veilstone, but it gets completely destroyed and Veilstone is the new city that was built upon the ashes?
I think Hearthome or Jubilife would be a better bet since they're the most populated areas in Sinnoh, so it would make more sense for them to be main villages in ancient times. If anything, I see Veilstone starting off as an uninhabited field covered with meteorites that's regarded as a sort of "no man's land" area to foreshadow how it's one of the cities cut off from the rest of the region.

Canalava strikes me as too water'y for it to be a match.
So would the chances of Canalave City being the main town are 7.8/10? :p

ckd89

base town is Jubilife village. imagine we found Pokémon in space on another earth like planet kind of like lost planet trilogy but with Pokémon
anyways, back on topic , I would love creepy Halloween messages with pokeblood sprayed all over a abandoned facility and this facility can only be accessed only during 1to 4 am on Halloween