• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Speed Boost Combusken

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Right. That's what I said. The boost is pretty similar to a Shell Smash Pass, but with that, either you use Focus Sash and pass the defense cuts, or use White Herb and require a bulky pokemon, which won't work that often.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Maybe I should try this with an Eviolite, but I don't think Speed Boost Combusken will be even close to a Blaziken replacement.

Zachmac

Suggesting Focus Sash is stupid, don't do it. There are these magical things referred to as "Priority moves", which, strangely, Rapid Spin doesn't seem to help against.
Okay, I agree it's not going to OU, but if you do want to use it, focus sash does work since priority messes with it anyway. If you can force a swap out(Ferrothorn, Forretress), when you get a free swords dance and then a free hit.

I'm pretty sure it's still going to be usable, just one of those pokemon such as light ball pikachu that's too much of a glass cannon.

jsney20

Has anyone tried a CB Combusken

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I take back my comment, Ninjast is better than Combusken.

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
Combusken is nifty and all but he won't be doing much in OU. The tier where he does shine is the ever stupid Middle Cup. He literally 2HKOs the entire tier after a SD boost and nothing is going to be able to hit hard enough to OHKO him without being KO'd first. So if you're looking to wreck in MC just spam SB Combusken.