• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Speed Boost Sweepers

zerozoner

Okay I got board one day and decided to make a team based off the Speed Boost ability since it always annoyed me to play against and if you can't beat them join them.

257.png
469.png
319.png

I started off my team with Blaziken, Yanmega, and Sharpedo, because these three are the only ones that can truly abuse Speed Boost. Ninjask just doesn't have the raw base stats that would make him a threat.

257.png
469.png
319.png

135.png

The problem is with these guys is that their Glass Cannons so it's pointless to try and cover the weaknesses when any hit will kill them. At this point I was considering going for defensive stalling Pokemon, but I decided against it and went with another speed freak Jolteon. FYI if I did use a defensive Pokemon it would have been Dusclops.

257.png
469.png
319.png

135.png
142.png

I have no idea why this flying rock type has such insane speed, but hey who am I to complain. Again I'll stat my defensive Pokemon choice so I can get feed back on weather it would be a good idea or not. Swampert would have been my second defensive Pokemon.

257.png
469.png
319.png

135.png
142.png
461.png

The last member of my team is Weavile and he's here to clean up any ghosts or dragons that could cause trouble for my team. Third defensive Pokemon would be Dragonite or Spiritomb.

257.png

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Blaze Kick
- Hi Jump Kick
- Shadow Claw

Protect is a must on every speed booster, even if the opponent uses taunt it will give you a free and safe speed boost. Blaze Kick and Hi Jump Kick are both powerful STABs that cover about everything in the game except for a ghost jellyfish. That's where Shadow Claw comes in, it hits ghosts and psychics types hard and has a high crit. chance to boot.

469.png

Yanmega (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

My Special sweeper, *Copy & Paste Protect description* Bug Buzz and Air Slash are STABs that have a few holes in their type coverage. HP Fighting fills in some of those holes nicely, but I still have trouble with Ghost types which for the rarest type in the game are very common in competitive play.

319.png

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Night Slash
- Ice Beam/ Ice Fang

Protect...yeah I'm not going to say anymore than that. Two STABs and a coverage move...this is the common move set pattern of every speed booster. Unlike the previous two Speed Boosters Sharpedo has good attack on both sides of the spectrum, Ice Beam is to prevent Sharpedo from being physically walled, while Ice Fang runs off the grater attack stat and has 20% chance of doing something to my opponent.

135.png

Jolteon (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave / Toxic

My anti water Poke. Thunderbolt STAB to decimate most water types. Shadow Ball and HP Fighting deliver strong neutral blows to water types and sometimes grab a nice super effective. Thunder Wave can give my team a few free rounds to set up and wail on my opponents while they're paralyzed. Toxic will ruin bulky water types like Quagsire and Gastrodon that are immune to my STAB.

142.png

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rock Head
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

The original Flying Rock with good attack to go with it's unnatural speed this thing can leave its mark very effectively on the battle field. Rock Slide is my reliable STAB that can flinch my opponent. SR can pick up nice passive damage and can ruin any Pokemon running Focus Sash, Eruption, Multiscale, or Sturd. Thanks to Rock Head I receive no recoil from Double-Edge and Earthquake has nice synergy with Rock Slide.

461.png

Weavile (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Brick Break

With good timing, luck, and Focus Sash Weavile will be able to pull off a sword dance which when combined with its crazy speed turns it into a sweeping monster. Two STABS and a Coverage move is all Weavile needs to clear off the playing table.

Here are the move sets for my defensive choice Pokemon.

442.png

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dark Pulse

With no weakness, an excellent stalling ability, perfect coverage, and access to Rest talk combo Spiritomb is the definition of what an offensive wall should be like.

356.png

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade

With evolite, Rest Talk, and Will-O-Wisp Dusclops is a Tank and nothing else.

260.png

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

One of my favorite Pokes of all time Swampert is an awesome physical wall and attacker.

Thanks for reading please leave any suggestions, they are much appreciated and needed for this team. And don't forget to Rate My Team if you have the chance.

zerozoner

Originally posted by lucario44444444
Blaziken is banned, Thundurus = Byebye
Weavile sucks, same with Aerodactly.....

Really so Blaziken finally got banned (about time I was getting tired of being swept by this guy), could you give me a link to an updated tier list so I don't mess up like this again? So any suggestions on who to replace Weavile and Aerodactly with?

Golden Jet

Dark Tamer
weaviles good with a choice scarf because he outspeeds all other choice users (I think) and anyone els not boosted
edit: oh and I saw a thread you made saying weaviles best pokemon ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarumakkaImposter

? Weavile doesn't suck. It is awesome. With rocks up he can OHKO Latios and Gengar and Starmie. Gengar and Starmie withgout rocks you can just OHKO.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Some problems with this team are for one, Blaziken is banned to Ubers, and has been since near the beginning of this year, thus this team would not work in OU. Two, anything with Mold Breaker ruins your Speed Boosters, like Haxorus, Pinsir, or Rampardos (though Pinsir and Rampardos are virtually never used, but you never know) since it denies the added speed. A Scarf Terrakion could also cause this team problems as you might not outrun it after 1 Speed Boost, and it can kill off all of your team. Weather abusers like Excadrill can also cause this team trouble, as they'd outrun your team and be able to easily kill them too.

weaviles good with a choice scarf because he outspeeds all other choice users (I think) and anyone els not boosted
edit: oh and I saw a thread you made saying weaviles best pokemon ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a joke to let people come to my thread, and Weavile REALLY SUCKS!