• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spiderman Jr.?

JustinConnor

I found this interesting picture of Spiderman and Mary Jane http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4615/spideymanxo8.jpg but I have no idea what comic its from. I don't really read or buy comics any more, but this looked interesting,so can someone tell me what its from and where I can buy it.

There was also a picture of wolverine in a water-tube-tank-thing,if that helps(wasn't able to save/host it).

The pic you've got is from the cover of New Mangaverse Vol. 1. The entire New Mangaverse series is basically a continuation of Marvel Mangaverse. Both of these series manipulate the concept of taking popular Marvel heroes and villains and illustrating them in a manga-esque style, courtesy of many illustrators, one of them being the creator of the popular Amerimanga series Ninja High School. Further info can be found 'ere. Caution though, as the page has many spoilers, and 'tis a much more enjoyable experience to read the graphic novel yourself as opposed to reading a short summary, in my honest opinion.

As for purchasing one of these graphic novels, I'd check 'ere, at Amazon. It seems that they are in a bit of popular demand, however, seeing as though many of the Marvel Mangaverse books are currently unavailable. Fortunately, Vol. 1 of both of Marvel Mangaverse and New Mangaverse seem to still be in stock.

Some of it is cool some of it suck though. The Spidey, X-Men, and Punisher ones are a horrid. Can't stand it. Fantastic 4 are awesome though. They kick ass and Franklin Richard is a badass in that comic.

The other ones that I like is Dr. Strange and Black Panther. Iron man not too bad either. Hulk suck though(Godzilla? come'on). Antman not too bad. Capt America is alright.

Spiderman is NOT Manga! That is comics.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
True. But, some years ago Marvel let several top Manga artists reimagine the Marvel Universe as Marvel Mangaverse and what you see up there is the result. Manga after all is just Japanese for comics. You had stuff in the first volume where the Avengers formed a giant mech that looked like Iron Man.

I haven't seen the second volume but I may go look for it. Lord knows it's better than what's going on in the current Marvel Universe.

LX

Edit: Yeah Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane is drawn in the style of Manga. But, so were issues of X-Men drawn by Joe Madureia.

Edit 2: More info found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Mangaverse

Last edited:

JustinConnor

Hmm,Manga eh?

So long as the stories don't intersect with other, I'd only care 'bout getting the Spider-Man one and mebbe the X-men one. Whats the difference between Marvel Mangaverse and New Mangaverse?
-
Is there,like,uh, "Spiderman Mangaverse 1" and "X-men Mangaverse 1" or is it just like "Mangaverse 1" is based on Spider-Man and #2 is based on some other hero and so on and so on?
-
I stumbled across some issuse of the Spider-Man manga that seems to be the first one, although I'm still confuzzled over which number is which. I ain't so into manga but Spider-Man and Mary Jane look pretty spiffy.Everybody else looks kinda silly and Blackcat looks/acts way different from the SM comics I remember way-back-when.
-
So,uh in conclusion if I just wanted the Spider-Man and X-men ones,what'd the numbers and titles of those be?Its easier to find stuff with the exact right name.

Edit:Why is one of the Spider-Man Manga 150 on Amazon$?!? Are they that rare?

Edit: Is this the complete Spider-Manga collection?http://www.amazon.com/New-Mangavers..._bbs_sr_4/104-3953231-6491150?ie=UTF8&s=books

Last edited:

MayShuufan

Mrs Brendan Birch ^^
There is a Spider Man manga but it wasn't that popular so they stopped making it ages ago. There is also a Star Wars manga as far as I know, I read about it in an old issue of an English magizine called Neo.

Anyway the Spider Man manga I read about wasn't part of the same series you guy's are mentioning but I think that picture must be from the series you guy's are talking about.

The is a Batman manga by Kia Asamiya. and a Spawn manga that's only 3 volume long.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
NARUTOxMANGA said:
Spiderman is NOT Manga! That is comics.
Spiderman may not be Manga but if you read the replies here you'd realise this was a manga adaption of Spidey.

...Wha? Spiderman manga? Now THIS is odd.

Not really since manga manga-ka are inspired by Western comics. Nobihiro Watsuki and Nightow both are heavily inspired by them.