• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spike Video Game Awards 2011

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/Lzp0j.png[/IMG139]
http://www.spike.com/shows/video-game-awards

Starts tonight at 8 PM EST, hosted by Zachary Levi, featuring Diablo 3, Bioshock Infinite, MGS Rising, Mass Effect 3, and more, along with the preimiere of new games from Bioware and Epic.

Mostly I'm looking forward to the new footage on Bioshock and news on that new PS3 exclusive 'The Last of Us'. I usually don't care for the awards, but the nominees don't look too bad this year. At least MW3 was only nominated for two catgories.

Last edited:

Blazios

It has Ghost Trick nominated for Best Handheld, when it was released last year in Japan.

If they're going by your release dates, then where's B/W?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't care about spike TV anymore, I turned in once at like 2:00am and there a show or something about nothing but boobs.

The fact that MW3 was even nominated for anything is funny in itself.

Myrrh

Probably manswers or something
And they show all the star wars movies like every weekend

Er, anyway, I feel like video games isn't something that should have big award shows like this or something. But it is kinda cool that they have new trailers and such to show. I wanted to watch one once, but forgot about it.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Fixed that for you ;)

Dark Souls for the win bro.

I watched this with my friends. We had fun ripping on it the whole time, it's kind of a yearly thing we do now. Hang out, watch the VGA's, laugh at how silly it is, and see some new game trailers.

I was really happy that they got Shigeru Miyamoto to show up (and so was Seth Green by the look on his face). And Deadmau5 being there was pretty awesome too.

Sitting through the entire show was worth it JUST for the Metal Gear Rising trailer. Metal Gear and Platinum Games just made a baby and it's name is REVENGEANCE.. Game of the year 2012 everybody.

Myrrh

What did Miyamoto do? Did he get up on stage or just simply attend?

Didn't think Nintendo would be in something like this. Dunno why.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Well Shiggy recognizes that they recognize it so whatever that's worth. It's definitely a step up from the last few years.

Plus they had some guy called the Black Baron. From what I gathered he was an angry guy on the internet, but they actually listened to his complaints and included Skyward Sword as a nominee for GOTY. Me and my friends were laughing our asses off when he was staring down whoever-the-hell runs the VGA's, the guy looked terrified.

Myrrh

How laughable were previous shows? I think I read something on Gameinformer about how they wanted to shake things up or something this year.