• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

spikes and stealth rock rocks ( New UU RMt )

benjasuper

master of pain
Ok the new UU test has some good options in it , but I saw after a few tests that there’s a big amount of stealth rock weakness. I tried to take advantage of that .
team strength : different strategies possible , synergy , great type covering
team weaknesses: hates fast pokemon , spinners
here are the matchups for it :
dpffa478.png
dpffa409.png
gby059.gif
emespr350.png
dpmfa389.png
gbs243.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

froslass.png

Froslass (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
froslass’ role: taunt/spiker
froslass’ moveset:
- Taunt : taunt works great on froslass cause of its high speed. This lead screws up uxie leads because they always will be slower then froslass
- Spikes : after I taunted the lead , most leads will switch out . that’s when I lay a layer of spikes
- Destiny Bond : if froslass is almost dead n I take the attacking poke with me
- Ice Beam : Stab ice beam hits hard if froslass survives the assaults
commentary: froslass is one of the best leads . its goal is to screw up uxie leads and put up some layers of spikes. I’m not planning to keep froslass for a long amount of time . he’s mend for laying spikes and if its possible take one poke down with it. I may change its ev’s a bit . I may switch the SP atk moves to Hp for making sure that there’s more spikes on the battlefield.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rampardos.png

Rampardos (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
ramparados’ role : stealth rocker/ rock polish sweeper
ramparados’ moveset:
- Stealth Rock: its primary goal is to get Stealth Rock up . even without the scarf he’s fast enough to get the job done .
- Rock Polish : if he’s not able to get Stealth Rock up, I use this to boost his speed instead of the usual scarf ramparados.
- Earthquake: EQ hits hard . need I say more
- Stone Edge: Stab hard hitting move only troubled by low accuracy.
commentary: The return of ramparados to UU . long live the dinosaur. With one of the fastest rock types in the metagame its has to have a place in my team . SR is his primary move but if there’s a spinner he can use the polish set as well.

arcanine.png

Arcanine (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
arcanine’s role : roar abuser / scarf sweeper
arcanine’s moveset:
- Roar : I needed a fast roarer to make this strategy work . scarf arcanine was the first that came to my mind.
- Flare Blitz : If there happens to be a spinner flare blitz has STAB and a lot of power
- Extremespeed : I may change this but this is mostly for raikou who outspeeds this arcanine
- Thunder Fang: simply for type coverage
commentary: He’s fast ,so he can roar most pokes away before they even can do a thing to arcanine. He got a back up strategy in case there no spikes or stealth rock

milotic.png

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 148 HP/240 Def/120 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
milotic’s role : Bulky water
arcanine’s moveset:
- Recover : for regaining health . probably the greatest success of milotic
- Ice Beam: type coverage so that grass types won’t bother me
- Toxic: for statusing the foe so the stalling will be better
- Surf: Stab , powerfull move ,primary attacking move
commentary: Milotic is ment for stalling . he’s probably broken but who cares I’m happy that people finally use him again. Reason why toxic>hypnosis is the platinium drop of accuracy

torterra.png

Torterra (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
torterra’s role : choice band sweeper
torterra’s moveset:
- Crunch: for hitting mismagius , torterra is my only option for hitting him super effective so
- Earthquake: Stab + powerfull ,I’ve said it before
- Wood Hammer: Stab , I think it OHKO’s raikou
- Rock Slide: for staraptor and honchkrow who switch in on torterra
commentary: torterra is a brilliant band sweeper , although it has a 4x ice weakness , if I predict right to a ice type its deadly for them .

raikou.png

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
raikou’s role : CM sweeper
raikou’s moveset:
- Calm Mind : for increasing the chance of OHKO’s on pokemon ;I use this a lot when the opponent switches
- Shadow Ball: for hitting ground neutral when cornered . its also a pretty good move
- Thunderbolt: Stab move + powerfull ( I say this a lot )
- Extrasensory: for grass/poisons who are very frequent in UU ; I might change this into a good HP
commentary: This beast ROCKs ; if the sr +spikes strategy works , after arcanine is finished I can Ohko all pokes with this . even without sr and spikes with calm mind only special walls are able to withstand this tiger

team synergy this team has great synergy , especcialy froslass ,ramparados,arcanine and raikou . if there’s no spinner on the opponents team (trust me I haven’t seen one once .) there’s little chance the opponent wins .Even without the sr and the spikes this team isprobably the best I made yet .

credits to
Pe2k for the sprites
arkeis for the pics

Flamethrowa55

Roar always strikes last, thats why you never see roaring aerodactyls. If it was that easy youd be able to set up rocks and roar until the rest of the opponents done. So do something about roar on arcanine.

elitefive5

StrategyRules
roar should not be on an arcanine with choice scarf. replace it with crunch/body slam/iron head/overheat
crunch hits psychics and darks
body slam paralyzes
iron head hits rocks
overheat hits things that cant take special hits well
i recommend iron head as it takes out solrock/lunatone which is the only reason to use crunch; with toxic, paralyzation just gets in the way

stealth rock and leftovers are useless on rampardos. he wont survive long enough. put zen headbutt over stealth rock.

half your team is weak to ground. (raikou arcanine rampardos)

i recommend just taking out rampardos for a better sr user. a mix between the support and rock polish camerupts fits.
Camerupt @ Leftovers
Solid Rock
252 SpAtk 252 Sp 4 Hp
Earth Power
Stealth Rock
Rock Polish
Flamethrower

all entry hazard teams need a good user of roar/whirlwind. on the above set you can take out one of the moves for roar.

Last edited:

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
roar should not be on an arcanine with choice scarf. replace it with crunch/body slam/iron head/overheat
crunch hits psychics and darks
body slam paralyzes
iron head hits rocks
overheat hits things that cant take special hits well
i recommend iron head as it takes out solrock/lunatone which is the only reason to use crunch; with toxic, paralyzation just gets in the way

Iron Head? No way, try this:

Arcanine@Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly/Adamant Natured
4 HP/252 Atck/252 Speed
~Flare Blitz
~ExtremeSpeed
~Thunder Fang
~Overheat/Crunch

He's got Rock types covered by his other Pokemon anyway. Also, there is really no point in keeping an Arcanine on a Rock Type anyways.

Last edited: