• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spiral Knights

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Anyone here play the MMO Spiral Knights?
Its FTP and can be run through steam. The basic premise is that you are a knight on an alien planet, and you must explore the depths of the planet in order to find your way home.

some basic info:

There are 3 weapon classes: Sword, Gun and Bomb

There are 5 kinds of armor/weapons/items to equip: Helmet, Armor, Weapon, Shield, and Trinket

You get to select 1 of 3 Battle companions called "sprites": a dragon, a cat and a ram/ghost.

And finally you can join guilds and team up with other people to explore the planet.

Discuss.

Last edited:

The Admiral

solid state survivor
I played this when it first came to Steam, but it constantly ran at about 2/3 speed after a few seconds, so I didn't really keep at it much. It seemed pretty fun, though I don't like the idea that you can't trade gear once you've equipped it (iirc that's when it becomes character bound).

Actually, the idea of character-bound equipment in general, I dislike. I trade extensively in any game like this, so I guess that's why.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I played this when it first came to Steam, but it constantly ran at about 2/3 speed after a few seconds, so I didn't really keep at it much. It seemed pretty fun, though I don't like the idea that you can't trade gear once you've equipped it (iirc that's when it becomes character bound).

Actually, the idea of character-bound equipment in general, I dislike. I trade extensively in any game like this, so I guess that's why.
Yeah, the lag is what really gets me. I can deal with the Un-tradable items, seeing as most materials are pretty easy to find with one of the newest updates, but leveling up weapons and armor is a nightmare.