1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Spiral Knights

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Steampunk, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

Anyone here play the MMO Spiral Knights?
    Its FTP and can be run through steam. The basic premise is that you are a knight on an alien planet, and you must explore the depths of the planet in order to find your way home.

some basic info:

There are 3 weapon classes: Sword, Gun and Bomb

There are 5 kinds of armor/weapons/items to equip: Helmet, Armor, Weapon, Shield, and Trinket

You get to select 1 of 3 Battle companions called "sprites": a dragon, a cat and a ram/ghost.

And finally you can join guilds and team up with other people to explore the planet.

Discuss.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

I played this when it first came to Steam, but it constantly ran at about 2/3 speed after a few seconds, so I didn't really keep at it much. It seemed pretty fun, though I don't like the idea that you can't trade gear once you've equipped it (iirc that's when it becomes character bound).

Actually, the idea of character-bound equipment in general, I dislike. I trade extensively in any game like this, so I guess that's why.

3. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

Yeah, the lag is what really gets me. I can deal with the Un-tradable items, seeing as most materials are pretty easy to find with one of the newest updates, but leveling up weapons and armor is a nightmare.