• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spire's BL Bonanza

Spire

soiya
For my lead, I'm tossing up between 2 Pokémon.

---

401.png

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Return
- U-Turn

---OR---

277.png

Swellow @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Protect
- U-Turn
---

472.png

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Mild Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Def)
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 30 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 228 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Cross Chop
- Hidden Power [Ice]

428.png

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Sp. Atk
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf

254.png

Sceptile @ Leftovers
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

297.png

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Def
- Knock Off
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Whirlwind

457.png

Drapion @ Leftovers
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Battle Armour
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Knock Off
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
- Toxic Spikes

Please note: This team isn't going to be used in an OU environment, so rate it as such.

Last edited:
First of all, Staraptor is not BL. I'd say go with Magmortar, covers more types than the rest.

Spire

soiya
I'm going by the Smogon Tier List, which lists Staraptor as BL.

Yes, I know Smogon "sucks", but it's more convenient to go with that one.

Drapion is begging for Sniper trait with STABed Night Slash.

Lots of pokemon with defense EVs; add another sweeper and a special wall.

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
First of all, Staraptor is not BL. I'd say go with Magmortar, covers more types than the rest.

Staraptor's speed stat is good at base 100 but typing and defensive stats let him down, with pleanty of faster pokemon and sturdiers pokemon boasting super effective attacks such as starmie and gengar staraptor isn't quite up there with the ou pokes but is still a very powerful Borderline pokemon.

And wats this about magmorta, isn't the choice between staraptor and swellow. Speaking of witch, swellow hits harder and faster with flame orb but dies quickly however staraptor isn't known for his stayinh ability either and swellow comes with the valuble u turn (perfect for the kind of hit and run pokemon he is) and a stab and guts boosted facade so definatly go with swellow

Last edited:
Staraptor is indeed, BL, but it works well in most battles. (Just don't use it for UU.)

Hmmm, I never really liked using Swellow in CB, but pretty standard moveset anyway, so w/e.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
Stealing my Sceptiles now?
Eh, good to see it getting used, imo going 252 SAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP on it is better as it won't be taking hits and you'll need to so damage somehow other than Seed, but whatever suits you

HP [Grass] Jolteon or Raikou will hurt, in fact nothing on your team seems to have decent Special tanking stats.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
Yeah that'll do.
Not like Sceptile can take much even with the drop and no point wasting it's SAtk stat.