• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Spirit of the Desert Rises

Usatoday

Eternal God
So I decided to rumble in UU for a while and have been quite successful with this team however machamp seems to be threat to this team any suggestions on how to counter this.

031.gif
Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Nature Bold
Ability Sheer Force
Evs 252 hp 252 def 4 sp atk
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Fire Blast
Toxic Spikes
This is my new addition to chandelure to stop heracross and machamp from 2hit koing everything on my team toxic spikes to aid umbreon earth power for stab fire blast for heracross and ice beam for dragons.

626.gif
Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Nature Adamant
Evs 252 hp 252 atk 4 def
Earthquake
Wild Charge
Head Charge
Substitute
After the changes i found roserade quite annoying so i added a poke with sap sipper to get a tasty little attack boost it also helps with the occasional mow rotom or sceptile head charge for stab sub for when they switch and wild charge for bulky waters aka suicune.

237.gif

Dreidle (Hitmontop) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Foresight
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
Here is my dedicated physical wall for threats such as flygon and darmanitan. Foresight allows me to hit ghost types such as chandelure and dusclops. Close Combat is a strong physical stab which can ko a lot with little attack investment. Mach punch allows as a form of priority on this team and doesn't do much but when it does help it works great. Rapid spin is for spinning rocks away for arcanine.

197.gif

Creature (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
Now this thing doesn't take **** from anything special attacks are a breeze for this thing. Wish for wish passing and recovery and protect coupled with it for instant recovery and toxic for wearing down walls and heal bell to cure toxic and paralysis from my team.

609.gif
Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Nature Timid
Ability Flash Fire
Evs 252 sp atk 4 sp def 252 spd
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Hidden Power (Fighting)
Say hello to a real threat to sableyes everywhere Fire blast for stab and for roasting shaymin shadow ball for stab and for dealing with annoying mew energy ball for swampert and hp fighting for snorlax and bisharp.

310.gif

Shango (Manectric) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Switcheroo
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat
Now this thing hits like a truck i originally had a galvantula but i missed having the ability to ohko a bronzong overheat is for the pure awesomeness and power hidden power grass for hitting bulky waters like swampert and quagsire and Switcheroo allows me to cripple walls and finally t bolt so i can hit devastatingly. Lightningrod to help me ohko a zapdos after the boost

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God
Bumpity Bumpity Bump Been Twelve Hours please post

Right. flygon is solid.
arcanine wants wild charge over crunch I think, to hit waters.
Manetric could use switcheroo, or life orb/wiseglasses over specs maybe.
Umbreon might benefit from an attack, but as a cleric its solid. problem is your team doesnt really need a cleric that much, but it can help p2 and hitmon.
P2 would be far better off with toxic, or t-wave over psychic really.
Montop maybe not CC. dropping defense with a wall? HJK may be better (90% of the time)

as for machamp troubles, no fliers, no psychics. perhaps sub out umbreon or manetric for someone more capable of hitting him like victini.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Right. flygon is solid.
arcanine wants wild charge over crunch I think, to hit waters.
Manetric could use switcheroo, or life orb/wiseglasses over specs maybe.
Umbreon might benefit from an attack, but as a cleric its solid. problem is your team doesnt really need a cleric that much, but it can help p2 and hitmon.
P2 would be far better off with toxic, or t-wave over psychic really.
Montop maybe not CC. dropping defense with a wall? HJK may be better (90% of the time)

as for machamp troubles, no fliers, no psychics. perhaps sub out umbreon or manetric for someone more capable of hitting him like victini.
I was thinking of replacing top with nidoqueen

queen is nice, as she has bulk, and hazards, as well as sucking up tspikes, but it leaves you team vulnerable to crustles and accelgors setting up tonnes of spikes, as your team will quickly die to rocks triples spikes, knocking a chunk of everyone not flygon. spinner should stay, although if he is still UU (might be OU now) donphan would be a strong choice to swap out for hitmontop.

Usatoday

Eternal God
I'll probably try a specs chandelure over arcanine as it still walls sableye and try a claydol over hitmontop

claydol also blocks champ, and rocks/psychic/spin/ice beam is nice. i think those are both good choices, definitely test them out.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
So I decided to rumble in UU for a while and have been quite successful with this team however machamp seems to be threat to this team any suggestions on how to counter this.

330.gif

Desert Spirit (Flygon) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
This is my scout and half of my volt turn team. U-Turn for scouting and hurting mew. Earthquake for stab that allows me to hit chandelure and houndoom. Outrage is my only hope for taking out kingdra as it still outspeeds at plus 1 and stone edge for my final move because it allows me to hit flying and ice types while not all that common it is still nice to have around.

233.gif

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SAtk / 240 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Discharge
This is set of my own creation the evs are specific so that it hits 270 in each defense without eviolite and with the special attack boost with download its defense special defense and special attack all peak at 400. Discharge for the hope of paralysis, ice beam for the numerous dragons namely flygon and the occasional druddigon and for zapdos. Psychic allows me to hit hitmontop for some decent damage and recover to receive half hp.

237.gif

Dreidle (Hitmontop) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Foresight
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
Here is my dedicated physical wall for threats such as flygon and darmanitan. Foresight allows me to hit ghost types such as chandelure and dusclops. Close Combat is a strong physical stab which can ko a lot with little attack investment. Mach punch allows as a form of priority on this team and doesn't do much but when it does help it works great. Rapid spin is for spinning rocks away for arcanine.

197.gif

Creature (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Payback
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
Now this thing doesn't take **** from anything special attacks are a breeze for this thing. Wish for wish passing and recovery and protect coupled with it for instant recovery and toxic for wearing down walls and heal bell to cure toxic and paralysis from my team.

059.gif

Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Wild Charge

This is my main check to sableye and chandelure as it is a huge annoyance to my team. Flare Blitz for stab and with willo wisp boost from sableye or fire blast from chandelure. close combat for porygon2 and snorlax extremespeed for my second form of priority and crunch for me to hit chandelure.

310.gif

Shango (Manectric) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat
Now this thing hits like a truck i originally had a galvantula but i missed having the ability to ohko a bronzong overheat is for the pure awesomeness and power hidden power grass for hitting bulky waters like swamper and quagsire and volt switch for my other half of volt turn and finally t bolt so i can hit devastatingly. Lightningrod to help me ohko a zapdos after the boost

Edits in bold. If you have any questions please ask.

NoteLobo

Banned
Try using Dragon Tail on Flygon over Outrage. Your team lacks a pazer and this will help a lot with that while still getting stab and hitting Kingdra hard, plus shoving it out of the field to negate its DD's.

Try using Dragon Tail on Flygon over Outrage. Your team lacks a pazer and this will help a lot with that while still getting stab and hitting Kingdra hard, plus shoving it out of the field to negate its DD's.

Negative prioity on a scarfer. Cause pro.

NoteLobo

Banned
Woops! I didn't even see the scarf! Well thats embarrassing! Maybe you can try to run a choice band instead for more power over speed. Flygon is relatively fast for the UU tier.

Ilan

Woops! I didn't even see the scarf! Well thats embarrassing! Maybe you can try to run a choice band instead for more power over speed. Flygon is relatively fast for the UU tier.

He is not too fast for UU only 80 speed while most UU pokemon have 85 in average(heracross,nidoking and some others).

On flygon take the fire punch which was suggested it beat tangrowth,durant and other stuff that wall flygon.

about machamp you can try xatu it double resist fighting and it can set up reflect to weaken stone edge (it 2-3HKO with reflect with 252/0 so you need to predict correctly) then switch to flygon and revenge kill machamp.

here is the set I like using:
@Light Clay
Jolly
252 HP, 252 speed, 4 defense
Magic Bounce
-U-Turn
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Roost

maybe instead of one of your walls.

You have problems with machamp because 2 of your walls have a fighting weakness.

or maybe put mismagious somewhere.

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God
He is not too fast for UU only 80 speed while most UU pokemon have 85 in average(heracross,nidoking and some others).

On flygon take the fire punch which was suggested it beat tangrowth,durant and other stuff that wall flygon.

about machamp you can try xatu it double resist fighting and it can set up reflect to weaken stone edge (it 2-3HKO with reflect with 252/0 so you need to predict correctly) then switch to flygon and revenge kill machamp.

here is the set I like using:
@Light Clay
Jolly
252 HP, 252 speed, 4 defense
Magic Bounce
-U-Turn
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Roost

maybe instead of one of your walls.

You have problems with machamp because 2 of your walls have a fighting weakness.

or maybe put mismagious somewhere.
Thank you and fyi flygon has base 100 speed anyways changes in Bold

Ilan

Thank you and fyi flygon has base 100 speed anyways changes in Bold

Didn't know it had 100 speed lol always assumed it was 80 so I though it was horrible lol..
now it is a different team..

well synergy:
big ground weakness but the fighting weakness is now 2/1/1 (weak/resist/immune) which means it is now managable.

I don't see why did you put boufallant flygon and chandelure handle roserade, now you are flygon weak..

NoteLobo

Banned
Try using Reckless instead of Sap Sipper to give Head Charge a simply silly amount of power. It jumps all the way up to 216 base power with stab and Reckless. Just another though....

Usatoday

Eternal God
Try using Reckless instead of Sap Sipper to give Head Charge a simply silly amount of power. It jumps all the way up to 216 base power with stab and Reckless. Just another though....

You are aware sap sipper blocks any grass move aka sleep poweder right?

Zachmac

Well, you've got a pretty bad ground weakness. I don't know anything about UU, so I can't really help you with that problem, but I think you should know.

I suggest finding a pokemon who can swap in to EQ numerous times without being hurt too much by it...Bronzong catches my attention, but yet again, I'm unfamiliar with UU, so I'm not sure how well it'll work on your team.

As zach said, ground weakness meaning enemy nidokings and flygons might give you trouble, although you should be able to outspeed king, scarf flygon with EQ will do some damage.

Klaus™

Banned
hey usa, nice team.
personally, i'd put hitmonlee over hitmontop. it can sweep late game if need be, while having decent defenses. heres the set:

hitmonlee @normal gem
-unburden-
adamant
252 attack/ 4 def/ 252 speed
¤ hi jump kick
¤ fake out
¤ rapid spin
¤ stone edge

what! no foresight? yes, stone edge takes out the most common spinblocker in uu: chandelure. fake out activates normal gem which in turn activates unburden. hjk is standard on all sets. and...spins for spins.