• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Splatoon v2

Ascended Dialga

Because no one has posted in the old Splatoon discussion thread in over two months, I'm starting a new one for this beloved new Nintendo IP.

I'll kick off this new thread by mentioning that Splatoon was shown in the Nintendo Switch reveal trailer. We still don't know if it's a port or a sequel yet. Personally, it left me curious as to how certain Gamepad mechanics from the Wii U version (such as Super Jumping) would work, if included at all.

What do you guys think?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think it should get a 3DS port of some sort like Super Mario Maker which is basically the only game aside from Wind Waker and Splatoon that makes me want to get a Wii U. Splatoon is perfect to play with others and being able to do so wirelessly would increase sales.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Because no one has posted in the old Splatoon discussion thread in over two months, I'm starting a new one for this beloved new Nintendo IP.

I'll kick off this new thread by mentioning that Splatoon was shown in the Nintendo Switch reveal trailer. We still don't know if it's a port or a sequel yet. Personally, it left me curious as to how certain Gamepad mechanics from the Wii U version (such as Super Jumping) would work, if included at all.

What do you guys think?

From what we saw, it definitely looked like a new Splatoon. (Splattwon?) The camera angles were different, there was a bunch of different hair styles, and the game just looked cleaner overall (although we didn't see much). I'm wondering myself how it's going to work with just one screen, but I'm sure they're going to find a way to put it in.

Ascended Dialga

From what we saw, it definitely looked like a new Splatoon. (Splattwon?) The camera angles were different, there was a bunch of different hair styles, and the game just looked cleaner overall (although we didn't see much). I'm wondering myself how it's going to work with just one screen, but I'm sure they're going to find a way to put it in.

Honestly, I would just wait until further details are officially revealed. For all we know, it could merely be an enhanced port of the existing Splatoon.

With that said, I hope this means Splatfest is coming back, even if it is only for the new one.

Tangeh

An "enhanced port" with new hairstyles/ clothing options, new maps, new weapons, and new graphics is literally just a sequel, unless the video was misleading and there aren't many of those new features in the actual game.

They could always take beacons out and restrict super jumping to teammates, with one button per teammate to super jump to each teammate plus one button to super jump to base. The Switch has two groups of four buttons - not sure how it would work with the controller broken up.

They could also just leave the option to use the gamepad, though with the price of a gamepad that could be restrictive to the relatively large population that never owned a Wii U. :p

Ascended Dialga

No, it's a sequel if it takes place after the first game in terms of story. And we still know nothing about this new game's story. One thing's for sure though: this game is definitely a new Splatoon installment with new clothes, hairstyles, weapons, maps, and graphics (as you stated).

Last edited:

Tangeh

Are you referring to single player mode? That's rather nitpicky. Instalment, sequel, whatever; it all boils down to its a new game and not a port of the original.

If they just took the original game and gave it regional online play that would already be a huge improvement. xD my internet is fantastic, it's 3am in Japan rn, and the lag is unreal because everyone is still Japanese somehow. That and lots of new maps. That's all I want in spla2n. <3

Ascended Dialga

I totally agree Tangeh, we need regional online play. Frankly, I'm quite surprised Splatoon doesn't already have it. Now that you've talked about what you'd like to see, I'll share my own wishlist here:

- More variations of certain existing weapons, like the Carbon Roller.
- Brand-new weapon types altogether, like maybe a crossbow that shoots fountain pens. :p
- More possible team colors. Have the formerly Ranked-exclusive colors available in Turf War as well.
- Some new and exciting multiplayer maps, some of which include Inkrails.
- A Hero Mode that is longer and more fulfilling than that of the first game. Give us more stuff in general that we can do offline, for that matter.
- Enemy Octolings that use a wider variety of weapons. I want to fight Octolings that wield rollers, darn it!
- The ability to sell your gear.
- An actual squid party mode.
- Give every Inkling a cellphone with a variety of purposes. It can be used to invite friends to a squid party and order new gear, among other things. Your phone can receive alerts at any time, even in the middle of an online battle. You can turn alerts off, if you wish. Example: *ping ping!* "Your friend Dialga has invited you to a Private Battle!"
- Support for all existing Splatoon Amiibos. (Assuming the Switch has Amiibo support)
- Brand-new Amiibos, including Octoling Amiibos.
- Playable Octolings in multiplayer.
- Give us better servers.
- (And you probably saw this one coming a mile away) BRING BACK SPLATFEST!!!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
^ You forgot better local multiplayer. Like who thought it was a good idea to do a balloon-popping game where Rollers can't do squat?

Also enough content that actually justifies a $60 purchase (or whatever the initial price is) at the start because, while map and weapon updates were fine, other things that weren't available initially like Private Battles made the game barebones and frankly I didn't purchase Splatoon until after Thanksgiving when the price was worth it.

Tangeh

Lol @ squid party mode. xD I haven't seen a squid party since splatfests ended... *is secretly sad about that*

I always thought it would be sort of cool to have a 3 vs 3 vs 3 mode. I can envision something like splat zones, except every team has a specific zone near their base with their objective to protect their zone and conquer the two others. Then there could be a way to come 1st, 2nd, or 3rd and allocate rank points appropriately.

I struggle to imagine new weapons so I'm super curious to see what they come up with.