• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Splatoon

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Wow, didn't see a Pokémon based Splatfest coming. My guess is that it's for the 20th anniversary. This is also the first time the EU has had a franchise based Splatfest as we didn't get the Autobot vs Decepticon one.

If it were me playing, I would likely have picked Blue, seeing how it's my favourite colour and I prefer Blastoise to Charizard. But my sister is the one playing, and she did go with team Blue.

KillerDraco

My guess is that it's for the 20th anniversary.

That's not so much a guess as it is the blatantly obvious truth. I mean, it is the 20th anniversary month after all, and the first global theme.

Man, I can't wait for the Pokemon Splatfest, it's gonna be crazy!

Tangeh

The game was being horribly laggy for me last night :< to the tune of I would splat somebody and they would wait five seconds before actually being splatted, and I kept getting connection errors. I had to switch to turf wars after it lost connection two times in a row right before we were about to win tower control. I raged a lil.

Anyways, after I switched to turf wars I decided to play around with the weapons that literally nobody uses just for fun. Then I noticed a trend where the disrupter subweapon was tagged onto a lot of sucky weapons and tried to use weapons with the disrupter. I struggled really hard trying to use the bamboozler and nozzlenoses. And I'm good with a squiffer. xD The good part was that since nobody ever uses the disrupters, people don't seem to know how to react when they're hit with one. They always try to hide in their ink and it's like... you realize you have a giant red target on you right now, right?? I actually found it pretty good with the custom splattershot jr., a weapon I've heard many bad things about. You disrupt in order to get close enough to splat them, since the splattershot jr. has sucky range. I was getting K/D ratios of 9-3ish most matches, granted this was in turf wars..

So, topic time! What's your least favourite weapon? I'm going to have to go with any of the nozzlenoses after last night omg they were bad. And awful at spreading ink. Like, the bamboozler seemed easy to spread ink with after using them. xD

HM02gon

Waiting...
So I'm probably not gonna be able to do Splatfest, which I'm super upset about. I got into another huge fight with my parents and got banned from games for at least a week. I'm really mad. I was so excited too.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I did decent today. Got a little more wins than losses. I really had a good team for a couple of matches before connection lost decided to show up. -_-

That inkling teammate sure knows how to use the minigun!

Last edited:

Tangeh

Yeah, the connection was being iffy for me too. My Wii U decided it didn't like my internet connection this morning also so it took me about half an hour to convince it to work.

I got in a few matches this morning before work, lost most of them. xD I wish team red was actually red instead of pink just for something different... I guess they thought it would look too much like blood. :p

KillerDraco

I kinda wish I had just stuck with my team last night, but I needed sleep. I was wrecking last night, and got to Champion in a hurry before going to bed. But this morning my luck has taken a turn for the worse, and I keep getting stuck with 3v4 or genuinely clueless teammates.

My guess is that Blue's gonna win it.

Also, the fact that they didn't make the max rank "Pokemon Red/Blue Master" was a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I just faced the same person on Team Blue three times in a row... And won all three times...

To any European Charger users wearing a Samurai helmet named Ashbash... I'm sorry.

Tangeh

It's not pink, it's pale red! ;)

Sure, let's go with that. :p Nintendo certainly is

I got to champion... Kind of sad that this isn't the top rank for the Pokemon challenge but oh well. xD Still haven't been doing well, several times we've been forced back into our base because one or more of our members dropped. Ancho-V is basically impossible to escape from once the other team's forced you into your base. o_O I haven't been able to get into the groove with any one weapon so I've been switching around a lot.

Oh, and I've noticed a weird glitch where it looks like the game's paired you with a level 1 or 2 but then the next match they leap back up to a higher level (presumably their actual level). I saw a level 1 go to level 40 next match and was like lolwut. xD

Last edited:

HM02gon

Waiting...
I'm really close to reaching Queen rank, and by that I mean 50 points away. But its only 10 wins, so its possible before 11, when my parents make me go to bed on weekends. I drew a really cool miiverse post, but I forgot to draw the mask on the dude's face so now I feel weird. Anyway I've been winning most of my matches, which is good.

Tangeh

I'm doing well again, currently on an eight game win streak. >: ) at this rate I'll reach queen within the next half hour or so. Only 30 points away~

I saw someone named Tentacruel and might steal that name idea. xD

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I'm really close to reaching Queen rank, and by that I mean 50 points away. But its only 10 wins, so its possible before 11, when my parents make me go to bed on weekends. I drew a really cool miiverse post, but I forgot to draw the mask on the dude's face so now I feel weird. Anyway I've been winning most of my matches, which is good.

I'm doing well again, currently on an eight game win streak. >: ) at this rate I'll reach queen within the next half hour or so. Only 30 points away~

I saw someone named Tentacruel and might steal that name idea. xD

I can't reach any rank. I keep getting unstable connections before a match can even finish. :(

Tangeh

I can't reach any rank. I keep getting unstable connections before a match can even finish. :(

I had the same issue before work this morning... Then I came home and my parents had decided to spontaneously get fibreop internet. xD (I know right lol) No disconnects on my end in the several hours I've played since then, when it was every second match before. *shrug* I don't rly know the technical difference but I could barely stream 240p before and now I'm getting 1080p no prob.

And I'm queen rank now yay time to stop playing. xD

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I don't know about you guys, but Pokémon Blue Team has won about 80% of the matches I've played tonight. I have a good feeling for my team. :)

Tangeh

I think blue was the favourite anyways, since everyone thought the kids would flock to red. I've only played one red vs red match the entire time, so the numbers seem pretty even this time around?? Future vs past I was playing future vs future a solid 25% of the time.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Wait... Team Red lost all three matches!? How embarrassing...

I am starting to wonder if now the tallies are too skewed the other way. Like, at the start the x2 for victories made popularity more important to the point of being unfair, but the new x6 makes it almost meaningless. It's a matter of picking the unpopular team rather than who you actually want to pick and rarely does the popular team win, so the results are pretty much known from the start. They should probably go back to x4 for victories to even it out a bit.

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
After an hour and a half of server maintenance. The NA results are in:
Popularity Red/Blue: 55%-45%
Wins Red/Blue: 41*6-59*6
301-399

Blue wins.

The Reds are feeling the blues now!

Blue Master Race

Last edited: