• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Splatoon

HM02gon

Waiting...
I'm really glad I decided to go with blue instead of red. I had the feeling they would win.

KenoShay

Sinnoh Champ
I had a pretty solid win streak at the end of about 17 wins for blue and now I'm at 222 snails haha

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It seems the Japanese will have region-locked times for their usual stuff, seeing as both NA and Europe will be busy with Splatfests next weekend.

For NA, we have Snowmen VS. Sandcastles!

For EU, we have Hoverboards VS. Jetpacks!

(Reminder that Splatfests now take into account your skill level, so it may not be a good idea to blindly pick the unpopular side hoping to beat the novice players...)

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Callie's speech is just cringeworthy.

I'm not going to participate this one as I don't care for neither.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I find the NA theme to be rather bland: the Europe one is amazing, though.

I think I'm going to pick sandcastles, simply because I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

jvl

Slug Nation
I'm probably gonna get a Wii U for Pokken Tournament, what would you guys recommend about Splatoon?

I've only heard good things about the game, and was wondering what makes the game so good.

Since the console bundle's work out saving you a lot of money rather than just buying a console, I was looking at getting the Mario Kart 8 + Splatoon Wii U Premium bundle for playing Pokken on.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think I'm going to pick sandcastles, simply because I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

...You pick things you don't like?

I've only heard good things about the game, and was wondering what makes the game so good.

It's essentially a Call of Duty game that's utterly different by providing a player to hide and travel through ink on the ground for stealth.

It also has some brilliant modes that set it apart from any other third-person shooter.

jvl

Slug Nation
It's essentially a Call of Duty game that's utterly different by providing a player to hide and travel through ink on the ground for stealth.

It also has some brilliant modes that set it apart from any other third-person shooter.

Sounds pretty sweet aha, the Splatfests look cool as well. The Pokemon Red/Blue one I saw had me wishing I already had my Wii U :/

Tangeh

I picked sandcastles because I'd pick the beach over a field of snow any day. (Kid Tangeh would have disagreed :)). Glad the skill level is finally being taken into effect, not gonna affect me any though, still just gonna pick whatever side I like better. I'm sitting at A rank right now, pretty close to A+ but I haven't quite gotten there yet!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
...You pick things you don't like?
No actually I was just doing a popular reference to Anakin's line in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones.
But no kid: I think sandcastles are a lot more challenging to do than snowmen, and I prefer the overall idea. I get a lot of snow here and I'm tired of it. :3

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I still don't know whether to choose Hoverboards or Jet Packs.

Given the new system will make the win percentage much more even, the more popular team might have a slightly better shot at winning the whole thing. I'm not passionate about either theme this time (though Jet Packs sound slightly cooler :p) so I'm trying to see which is more popular.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Yeah, what's this with the "points" appearing in matches now ? When was this added and what's its purpose ?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yeah, what's this with the "points" appearing in matches now ? When was this added and what's its purpose ?

Depending on your Ranked rank, your amount of points will match you up with players equally or close in skill to that number.

B - 1000
A - 1200
S - 1400
S/S+ - 1600

By now you should know how problematic the top one is, since it mixes TWO ranks together.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Depending on your Ranked rank, your amount of points will match you up with players equally or close in skill to that number.

B - 1000
A - 1200
S - 1400
S/S+ - 1600

By now you should know how problematic the top one is, since it mixes TWO ranks together.

How come I started at 1400 if I'm ranked A- ?

HM02gon

Waiting...
I like how Splatfests went from having fun to being extremely competitive with the new matchup system.

...Which I kind of don't.

Yeah. Previous Splatfests were just about having fun and trying your best, now it's just turned into ranked battles all over, which is what I want to avoid. It makes me feel pathetic instead of awesome, which is how giant freaking parties are supposed to make you feel. Oh well, despite losing 90% of my battles, I managed to reach queen rank.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
NA Splatfest results are here:
Snowman/Sandcastle
Popularity:53%-47%
Wins:48%*6-52%*6
341-359

Building Sandcastles won.