• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Splatoon

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If only there was team Squidward.
I'm with you on that.

I really hope they put a meme or two in the Splatfest announcement.

Callie: Anything to say to the opposing Spongebob team.
Marie: Yes. There once was a story about the ugly barnacle...

Genos

The Indigo Disk
...wow. I wasn't expecting this at all.

Yay for another sponsor Splatfest! And it's one of the shows I grew up with! Well at least Seasons 1-3 and the first movie. The 2nd one was...okayish.

Go Team Spongebob!

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I tried some of the new weapons, and tbh they're really not that great. Still sticking with my heavy splatling.

My problem is one that I have with all splattershots in that my main weapons don't have the sort of range to deal with them if I get into a skirmish with one, and I don't have good enough aim with my splatling to hit them well. (I main heavy splatling, tri-slosher, and neo splash-o-matic. Use an N-Zap 89 sometimes as well)

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
My problem is one that I have with all splattershots in that my main weapons don't have the sort of range to deal with them if I get into a skirmish with one, and I don't have good enough aim with my splatling to hit them well. (I main heavy splatling, tri-slosher, and neo splash-o-matic. Use an N-Zap 89 sometimes as well)

The Heavy should be good have good range to take them out without getting taken out yourself. Just a bit... finicky to aim. They're fairly easy with the Splash/Splosh when you try to swim around them, but usually hide and wait 'til they a. Turn away from you b. Are close. Try to use burst canceling if you're using the Neo. N-Zap 89, distract with a sprinkler then attack them. Throw the sprinkler close to them so they will also get attacked by the ink from that. The N-Zaps also don't have spray like the Aerosprays so you should be able to get them from shooting. As for the try slosher... try to stay away until you get bubbler. And use disruptors.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
The Heavy should be good have good range to take them out without getting taken out yourself. Just a bit... finicky to aim. They're fairly easy with the Splash/Splosh when you try to swim around them, but usually hide and wait 'til they a. Turn away from you b. Are close. Try to use burst canceling if you're using the Neo. N-Zap 89, distract with a sprinkler then attack them. Throw the sprinkler close to them so they will also get attacked by the ink from that. The N-Zaps also don't have spray like the Aerosprays so you should be able to get them from shooting. As for the try slosher... try to stay away until you get bubbler. And use disruptors.

Yeah, I really should give a bit more thought to what I do. My playstyle pretty much amounts to 'abandon all logic, go crazy', which usually works really well (especially with the tri-slosher). Though perhaps I should try a more controlled crazy.

HM02gon

Waiting...
Yeah, I really should give a bit more thought to what I do. My playstyle pretty much amounts to 'abandon all logic, go crazy', which usually works really well (especially with the tri-slosher). Though perhaps I should try a more controlled crazy.

I prefer to call my style "archaic strategy" which means I pretend I know what I'm doing but I honestly don't. I still have yet to find my perfect weapon. And I've discovered I have no skill with shooters or chargers. Mostly because they require a good aim and stuff. I just like shooting ink around haphazardly and hoping to not die.

Phsy-Spark

Mine's really just "HEY there are hills and things here maybe if I throw a bomb down I'll splat someone" or "Oh. There was someone there"

My on strategy tends to amount to a suicide lead. I get a roller, splat the opponents, and keep distracting them whilst everyone else gets their job done. If I get splatted? Doesn't matter if my teammates can do their job. But if my team starts losing, I definetley go into an ink spreading frenzy.

Shame though, I used to be pretty handy with the scoped chargers. Not amazing, so I often made things redundant when another scope was on my team, but I'd like to think I was a decent help most of the time.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I prefer to call my style "archaic strategy" which means I pretend I know what I'm doing but I honestly don't. I still have yet to find my perfect weapon. And I've discovered I have no skill with shooters or chargers. Mostly because they require a good aim and stuff. I just like shooting ink around haphazardly and hoping to not die.

Perhaps try using sloshers or rollers? Those don't really need aim in the same way.

Phsy-Spark

As GN said above me, maybe rollers? If you like power and taking people out one of the Dynamo rollers might work. Gold has bombs and inkstrike if you don't like seekers/sprinklers/echo locators/killer wails.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
It isn't that the other modes aren't chaotic, tower control is just much more so. I have not had the same problem in rainmaker and splat zones. In tower control, I often find myself with literally no idea what the heck is going on.

Maybe you should work on your map awareness.

Not being snarky, genuine suggestion. Unless there's something else about the mode that doesn't click with you.

Tangeh

Agreed, you just need to work on getting to know the map, what path the tower takes, and where the enemies typically are. I feel that way in tower control when we're playing on a map that I haven't played tower control on much. Like, I literally haven't played tower control on Saltspray Rig since I was a C rank, so I'd probably be constantly out of position until I got the hang of it.

Is it just me, or do certain ranked modes seem way more common on certain maps? Like if Callie and Marie announce Camp Triggerfish and Kelp Dome, I'm instantly thinking "alright, guess we're playing rainmaker". Ancho-V and Blackbelly Skatepark seem to be tower control a lot, while the Museum and Saltspray Rig tend to be splat zones. Or at least 2/3 modes seem normal while the third I've never played - I've played rainmaker like once on ancho-V and I'm not sure I've ever played splat zones on Camp Triggerfish.

Poetry

Dancing Mad

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Maybe you should work on your map awareness.

Not being snarky, genuine suggestion. Unless there's something else about the mode that doesn't click with you.

Perhaps that is all it is. I dunno. I mean, part of it might be the weapon I use as well. My aim isn't good enough to use my N-Zap 89 in tower control, so I've been using a tri slosher instead. It kind of works?

Phsy-Spark

Tangeh

It's not just you - TC and Rainmaker have pretty much been removed from Saltspray, ditto with TC on Port and Rainmaker on Blackbelly. Most of the other maps seem pretty well balanced, though.

Huh, that's actually super neat, thanks for the link! (guess I was wrong when I said I played TC on saltspray, since that hasn't been a thing since I got the game xD I was thinking of rainmaker)

There's no way Camp Triggerfish is that balanced tho. xD TC has been more common lately but it still feels like it's 80% rainmaker.

I remember one of my first ever ranked matches was rainmaker on what I think was piranha pit? Assuming the spawn point was different, because I remember spawning kind of close to where the far left conveyor belt would be. (My first ever match I won accidentally trying to get on the hill for a better vantage point with the rainmaker (since in piranha pit that area is low), lol. I didn't understand why we won until after playing a few times afterwards and making the connection between hill = win. I thought the point was to hold onto it the longest... ANYWAYS) One of my matches totally glitched out, with neither team ever able to pop the rainmaker bubble. We just ended up splatting each other until time ran out. Wondering if glitches like that are the reason piranha pit doesn't get rainmaker anymore. ...I feel like rainmaker in piranha pit wouldn't last very long...

Perhaps that is all it is. I dunno. I mean, part of it might be the weapon I use as well. My aim isn't good enough to use my N-Zap 89 in tower control, so I've been using a tri slosher instead. It kind of works?

Mm, a splat roller might work for you on TC if aiming is an issue. It's great at splatting enemies on the tower and imo suction bombs and the killer wail are the best sub and special respectively for tower control. I've also had some great success with the aerospray MG on tower control (particularly on moray towers, or any map where there's a lot of close combat), despite its reputation. It obviously can be used as a support weapon just to cover turf and get your inkzooka up if you aren't doing too great facing enemies directly. Really, if something isn't working for you, switch it up and try something else! I've gotten to the point where I can use literally anything at least decently well, and I'm getting to the point where I have totally different preferred weapons for each map/ mode combo.