• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Splatoon

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Will be siding with Pearl for this splatfest.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Will be siding with Pearl for this splatfest.

Me too! I make my choices strictly on which I prefer and it appears I'll be siding with Pearl as well. I'm quite excited to be on my girl's team!

Ascended Dialga

Three new updates were announced at Gamescom earlier today:

1. A new stage for Turf War and Ranked called Manta Maria. It's designed around a large sailing ship with two masts. Releases Saturday August 26th.
2. A new special weapon called the Bubble Blower. It's a large bubble wand that can launch up to 3 large bubbles at the time. The bubbles explode when doused in your team's ink. The bubbles disappear when shot enough times by opponents, but you can hide behind them as shelter from enemy attacks. The first main weapon to feature the Bubble Blower will be the Forge Splattershot Pro, which becomes available Saturday September 2nd.
3. A new Salmon Run stage called Lost Outpost. Releases Wednesday August 23rd.

A ship-based stage is an interesting addition to Splatoon 2, but I hope it turns out to be less of a sniper hell than I'm currently anticipating. The Bubble Blower seems interesting to me and I'll definitely give it a spin, at least. We definitely need more Salmon Run stages; two is far too few!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBQMfvJaXTI

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Done with Splatoon.

[SPOIL][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH-hMh1UMAA2aAz.jpg:large[/img139][/SPOIL]

Also had a Salmon Run where the team bailed on me just as we started. Cheers guys. I also apparently suck too much when I can't get one Golden Egg to pass round one, nevermind I was stuck with a Flyfish whilst running from a Steel Eel and all me Chums.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Don't get cooked...
Stay off the hook!

Joined Flight because while Marina is video game bae, flight > invisibility.

Currently on A- to A rank for all stages, will try and get at least A minimum before end of month.

KillerDraco

I'm sitting at A in Splat Zones and Tower Control and A+ in Rainmaker, but lately I haven't been doing much Ranked. I've been mostly chunk farming so I can get gear that meets my aesthetic while still being actually good. God bless whoever thought of Ability Chunks to allow you to add specific abilities. I hated the endless rerolls of Splatoon 1.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Team Invisible Ink for me!

I swear I got some kind of witchcraft in Salmon Run today. Made it to the third wave in all four rounds I've played, and I got thresame combination of weapons every single time (not the same order, but I haven't gotten the charger once). Moreover, I swear my special was the Bomb Rush all four times, too. What are the odds?!

KillerDraco

Seems like Flight is the bigger of the two teams, but not by much. I've had a few Flight vs. Flight matches but the majority have been Flight vs. Invisibility. Seems like this might be the first Splatfest where the popularity vote doesn't have such a massive disparity.

Side note, not a fan of the new Shifty Station. I loved the old one with how huge it was. This one just feels so small... Not to mention the moving parts are much less significant this time given it's just the middle going up and down.

Xuxuba

I'm thinking about getting this game, but i have motion sickness and i can't deal very well with shooters.

Is this game's camera just as frenetic as most shooters are?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm thinking about getting this game, but i have motion sickness and i can't deal very well with shooters.

Is this game's camera just as frenetic as most shooters are?

It can be frenetic if you move it too fast too many times.

EDIT: Results are in for the NA/EU shared Splatfest!

Flight wins! That makes 2 more Splatfests won for Pearl over Marina, not counting the extra one.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Flight is right.

Interesting that 51% of Splatoon 2 NA+EU players want to spy on people when they...ink their Splatzones.

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I knew Flight would win, our team was awful.

tumblr_ovptl7to7E1s72p65o1_1280.png

I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Amongst people who were clearly choosing their team based on their prefered concept, flight seemed to be the most popular choice, at least to me. I'm surprised to see it being at 49% in popularity here. Goes to show how popular Marina is and how the idol herself has a lot of influence on the picked theme.

Seeing how Marina is a fan favorite, giving Pearl the concept that is most likely to appeal to most players (again, that is assuming flight was indeed more popular amongst players who chose based on their favorite theme) balances matches out pretty well. I had only 2 or 3 matches against my own team for about 15 matches total, so that's a very good ratio. Hopefully we see this kind of very slim disparity between teams for future Splatfests. Being in team ketchup in the last one was such a pain for online matches...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Tomorrow, another patch for the game will come with buffs and nerfs across the board.

Namely, the Tri-Slosher is getting its damage reduced from 62 to 52, which makes it impossible to splat an un-inked target in two hits anymore.

...And Ink Jet users will be easier to splat down with an increased hit box.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Thank heavens for Tri-Slosher nerf bat.

Sad about Inkjet but I've moved away from it because SURPRISE it's useless in Tower Control

KillerDraco

Thank heavens for Tri-Slosher nerf bat.

Sad about Inkjet but I've moved away from it because SURPRISE it's useless in Tower Control

I wouldn't call it useless. It's only useless if you have teammates who don't know how to sit on the Tower! Which is a lot of teammates... Okay, bad example.

It can be a decent stallbreaker for checkpoints when you have others sitting on the Tower, though.