1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Splatoon

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Born Better, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I’m just getting into the Splatoon games. I’m not very good at the game yet but I enjoy firing blobs of paint at everything. My favorite weapon so far is easily the Paint Roller. I love how much paint you can spread while running forward and that you can mow down any Octos unfortunate to be in your path. It makes the online turf war battles a bit easier since the weapon is wide.

2. Ascended Dialga

Ascended Dialga Nothing special

Welcome aboard, Captain! We should add each other on Switch sometime so we can play together. It can take a while to find which weapon is the best fit for you, but once you do, it's totally worth it ;)

I finished the story of the Octo Expansion. I whole-heartedly loved it and I was not disappointed at all by it! It's a fresh Splatoon single-player experience that further fleshes out the Splatoon universe's lore and provides more development for characters such as Pearl and Marina. And once you do clear the story, you'll get to play as an Octoling in the multiplayer modes. It is definitely worth the $20!

In other news, the next Splatfest was just announced. The two teams are "I like my OJ with pulp" and "I like my OJ without pulp". I side with the latter :3

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

4. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

I think it's technically Squid vs Octopus, but with Inklings and Octolings to represent them respectively.

I know I'm being nitty gritty with this.

5. AuraChannelerChris

This Salmon Run is special. It gives everyone guaranteed use of a random Grizzco weapon, which makes thing very easy to reach higher ranks.

Also, there's the new Grizzco Slosher, which is slow as molasses as it travels through the air...with the amazing trade-off of being able to destroy any enemy even if they are armored.

6. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

This game's matchmaking is ridiculously unbalanced. I can't count the number of times that the other team is loaded up with a bunch of Lv. 30-40 guys when my team has Lv. 10-20 guys. Makes it incredibly irritating to get better at this game, you can't buy the better gear you need because you need to grind against the players that already have the better gear. I doubt they're taking level into consideration at all and they really should, it makes it much more of a fair fight.

7. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I don't know, I do pretty well and I'm only level 10 and frequently go against all kinds of levels.

I'm still running with the first set of dualies and perform pretty well. I think it helps that turf war allows you to, like, win even with whatever gear. and I still get pretty frequent kills without optimizing the gear. I barely buy clothes!

8. AuraChannelerChris

Are you Team Squid, though. Team Squid is easy mode.

9. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Octolings. I couldn't do very many matches but I've done 4 and won 3 (one of which was...against octopus...good matchmaking!)

Same with No Pulp, though I can't remember my match win rate there. had significantly more than 4 matches and 3 wins though!

10. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Well, just reached Octopus King after an insane amount of grinding all day.

Think part of my problem is the weapon type I'm using. I don't seem to be having a lot of success with Splat Dualies so I'm going to try some other weapons. Eyeing the Aerospray MG and the Splatling. I'm Lv. 9 BTW, in case you were wondering.

EDIT: Bought the Heavy Splatling and I seem to be having more success with that, so I think I'm going to try using this one for a while. It's definitely better at taking out other players, I'll say that much.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  11. Ascended Dialga

The Ancho-V Games stage from the first game has finally been added to Splatoon 2! I'm sure many of us will be happy to see those propeller lifts make a return in Turf War and Ranked.

Also, four new weapons have been added: Bloblobber, Custom Hydra Splatling, Nautilus 47, and Light Tetra Duelies. The Bloblobber is a Slasher-Like weapon resembling a small bathtub that launches four bouncing ink bubbles per shot. The Nautilus 47 is a special kind of Splatling that allows you to store charge while submerged in ink as you can with a Charger weapon.

Zafie likes this.
  12. Zafie

Zafie A Longtime Fan

Yeah I am really enjoying both the stage and the new Slosher weapon. The range of those bubbles is intense! :D

13. AuraChannelerChris

Starfish Mainstage has been put out of commission for a while, as the devs felt like it needs a renovation ala Urchin Underpass. The rotation schedule points out that this renovation is supposedly replacing September's new stage.

Moreover, the batch of updates has been strangely delayed to an unspecified date. People believe these updates are meant to go live...after the Nintendo Switch Online service is live.

14. AuraChannelerChris

The earthquake mysteriously affected Starship Mainstage's renovation to release this September 13th. Is Splatoon 2 perhaps also connected to the delayed Direct?

15. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I suppose they wanted to detail some big happenings coming in the update. Wonder if they're going to try airing the direct on the 13th.

16. Ascended Dialga

Splatoon 2 Ver 4.0 was unveiled at today's Direct. It seems to showcase the following:

- new music, sounds like J-pop or like something from an anime
    - at least two new maps, one of which features traditional Japanese-styled architecture
    - a new way of playing Turf War titled "100x Battle"
    - new weapons. One is like an ink hand grenade that the user has to shake before throwing, one is like an ink Spirit Bomb, and one resembles a giant hammer. I presume all three are special weapons.

The individual trailer has already been uploaded to YouTube:

17. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

It was *so* like an anime it even had the "this program sponsored by ..." eyecatch over footage

18. Ascended Dialga

Lol.

So the details of what's coming have been posted on the Splatoon Tumblr page: https://splatoonus.tumblr.com

Ver 4.0.0 launches today. It will add the first weapon batch of the Kensa Collection (the black- and white-colored weapons from the trailer) and will overhaul how Splatfest works. The Solo and Team modes will be replaced with Normal and Pro modes. Splatfests will continue until July 2019.

Ver 4.1.0 launches early next month. It will add the remainder of the Kensa Collection, a new stage (presumably the Japanese-styled one), and the new sub and special weapons we saw in the trailer. The new stage will be the very last one added to the game, but new weapons will continue being added until December.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  19. AuraChannelerChris

There goes my wish to bring Flounder Heights back.

20. AuraChannelerChris

The update is live and can be downloaded, but you'll have to wait an hour before you can play online.

Unrelated, but did you like Saltspray Rig? Nooo reason to ask this.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018