• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Splatoon

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't know, I do pretty well and I'm only level 10 and frequently go against all kinds of levels.

I'm still running with the first set of dualies and perform pretty well. I think it helps that turf war allows you to, like, win even with whatever gear. and I still get pretty frequent kills without optimizing the gear. I barely buy clothes!

Are you Team Squid, though. Team Squid is easy mode.

R_N

Are you Team Squid, though. Team Squid is easy mode.
Octolings. I couldn't do very many matches but I've done 4 and won 3 (one of which was...against octopus...good matchmaking!)

Same with No Pulp, though I can't remember my match win rate there. had significantly more than 4 matches and 3 wins though!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well, just reached Octopus King after an insane amount of grinding all day.

Think part of my problem is the weapon type I'm using. I don't seem to be having a lot of success with Splat Dualies so I'm going to try some other weapons. Eyeing the Aerospray MG and the Splatling. I'm Lv. 9 BTW, in case you were wondering.

EDIT: Bought the Heavy Splatling and I seem to be having more success with that, so I think I'm going to try using this one for a while. It's definitely better at taking out other players, I'll say that much.

Last edited:

Ascended Dialga

The Ancho-V Games stage from the first game has finally been added to Splatoon 2! I'm sure many of us will be happy to see those propeller lifts make a return in Turf War and Ranked.

Also, four new weapons have been added: Bloblobber, Custom Hydra Splatling, Nautilus 47, and Light Tetra Duelies. The Bloblobber is a Slasher-Like weapon resembling a small bathtub that launches four bouncing ink bubbles per shot. The Nautilus 47 is a special kind of Splatling that allows you to store charge while submerged in ink as you can with a Charger weapon.

Zafie

A Longtime Fan
Yeah I am really enjoying both the stage and the new Slosher weapon. The range of those bubbles is intense! :D

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Starfish Mainstage has been put out of commission for a while, as the devs felt like it needs a renovation ala Urchin Underpass. The rotation schedule points out that this renovation is supposedly replacing September's new stage.

Moreover, the batch of updates has been strangely delayed to an unspecified date. People believe these updates are meant to go live...after the Nintendo Switch Online service is live.

R_N

The earthquake mysteriously affected Starship Mainstage's renovation to release this September 13th. Is Splatoon 2 perhaps also connected to the delayed Direct?
I suppose they wanted to detail some big happenings coming in the update. Wonder if they're going to try airing the direct on the 13th.

Ascended Dialga

Splatoon 2 Ver 4.0 was unveiled at today's Direct. It seems to showcase the following:

- new music, sounds like J-pop or like something from an anime
- at least two new maps, one of which features traditional Japanese-styled architecture
- a new way of playing Turf War titled "100x Battle"
- new weapons. One is like an ink hand grenade that the user has to shake before throwing, one is like an ink Spirit Bomb, and one resembles a giant hammer. I presume all three are special weapons.

The individual trailer has already been uploaded to YouTube:

R_N

It was *so* like an anime it even had the "this program sponsored by ..." eyecatch over footage

Ascended Dialga

It was *so* like an anime it even had the "this program sponsored by ..." eyecatch over footage

Lol.

So the details of what's coming have been posted on the Splatoon Tumblr page: https://splatoonus.tumblr.com

Ver 4.0.0 launches today. It will add the first weapon batch of the Kensa Collection (the black- and white-colored weapons from the trailer) and will overhaul how Splatfest works. The Solo and Team modes will be replaced with Normal and Pro modes. Splatfests will continue until July 2019.

Ver 4.1.0 launches early next month. It will add the remainder of the Kensa Collection, a new stage (presumably the Japanese-styled one), and the new sub and special weapons we saw in the trailer. The new stage will be the very last one added to the game, but new weapons will continue being added until December.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The update is live and can be downloaded, but you'll have to wait an hour before you can play online.

Unrelated, but did you like Saltspray Rig? Nooo reason to ask this.

Last edited:

Ascended Dialga

Version 4.3.0 for Splatoon 2 has been announced for a December 5th release. It will add two new gear abilities and some new weapons, and this will be the game's very last update to add new weapons:

- Bomb Defense Up DX, a new gear ability that combines the effects of Bomb Defense Up and Cold-Blooded. All existing gear with Bomb Defense Up or Cold-Blooded will be updated to have Bomb Defense Up DX instead, as will all ability chunks and drink tickets associated with these abilities.
- Main Power Up, a new gear ability that improves the performance of your main weapon. The specific improvements vary by weapon. For example: the Splattershot's firing accuracy while jumping is improved, the Aerospray MG's ink coverage is increased, the Splat Roller's damage is increased, and the Undercover Brella's canopy regeneration is sped up. What improvement is made to your main weapon can be checked in the customization screens.
- Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau (sub: Squid Beakon, special: Ink Storm)
- Nautilus 79 (sub: Suction Bomb, special: Inkjet)
- Custom Explosher (sub: Point Sensor, special: Baller)
- Bloblobber Deco (sub: Sprinkler, special: Suction Bomb Launcher)
- the last 4 weapons of the Kensa collection. At this time, the specific details are not officially confirmed.

Last edited:

R_N

Version 4.3.0 for Splatoon 2 has been announced for a December 5th release. It will add two new gear abilities and some new weapons, and this will be the game's very last update to add new weapons:

- Bomb Defense Up DX, a new gear ability that combines the effects of Bomb Defense Up and Cold-Blooded. All existing gear with Bomb Defense Up or Cold-Blooded will be updated to have Bomb Defense Up DX instead, as will all ability chunks and drink tickets associated with these abilities.
- Main Power Up, a new gear ability that improves the performance of your main weapon. The specific improvements vary by weapon. For example: the Splattershot's firing accuracy while jumping is improved, the Aerospray MG's ink coverage is increased, the Splat Roller's damage is increased, and the Undercover Brella's canopy regeneration is sped up. What improvement is made to your main weapon can be checked in the customization screens.
- Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau (sub: Squid Beakon, special: Ink Storm)
- Nautilus 79 (sub: Suction Bomb, special: Inkjet)
- Custom Explosher (sub: Point Sensor, special: Baller)
- Bloblobber Deco (sub: Sprinkler, special: Suction Bomb Launcher)
- the last 4 weapons of the Kensa collection. At this time, the specific details are not officially confirmed.
The Main Power Up skill sounds crazy. I feel like that's something you need on all your gear because it just makes it straight up better.
I'm not at a point where I'm min/maxing my skill load outs but, wow

also this will be the last weapon update, but we'll still get balance patches & splatfests through july

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Except both of those skills are soooooooo situational. What if the enemy team doesn't carry bombs? What if they aren't carrying ability-seeking techniques? You just screw yourself bringing abilities that won't get used at all and become weaker to your team.