1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Splatoon

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Born Better, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Miar

Miar Wish me well, please

After way too much indecision (and barely missing Unicorn/Narwhal), I picked up Splatoon 2 instead of Xenoblade 2 last week.

Absolutely can't put it down. I'm already level 20 and having the time of my life!
    (I change names now and then, but my current post says "I want Japan only gear too =( please")

It's too bad it's almost all over. If anyone reading this was considering dropping the game after Final Fest, PLEASE don't.
    As long as Switch's online is active and/or S3 launches, there's plenty of fun to be had.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member Moderator

Awesome. Got to try it out via a demo, wanted to pick it up, but just haven't been able to :(. I hope to get it someday though.

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "What are yeh looking at. Gimme my booty back."

The Splatocalypse T-shirts have been made available for purchase.

Each is priced for the low low low low looooooooooooow price of $29.99.

4. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

In preparation of the Final Splatfest, I finally beat the single player mode (not the Octo Expansion). There were a couple of tricky scroll locations, but I collected all of them and the Sardiniums.

I'm Team Chaos, because I like the fashion sense of it a bit better, and I have sort of a soft spot for it.

5. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

The Final Splatfest began today, and will continue until early Sunday morning.

It's pretty intense, everyone's getting into it.

6. Auraninja

I wish my teammates would get into it.

Seriously, I get some dud teammates who just stand at the spawn point.

Is there some connection flaw?

7. AuraChannelerChris

I was the only *75 among a team of 40s.

Our enemy was full of Japanese players with starred levels.

One of my teammates disconnected 10 seconds into the match.

8. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member Moderator

Wow that sucks.

Maybe. Not everyone has the best internet. Heard of some lag in Mario Maker 2 due to that.

9. KillerDraco

The Final Shifty Station, MC Princess Diaries / Dear Senpai, went live today.

Its gimmick is that at 2:45, 1:30 and 0:15 marks, Marina's Hyperbombs will land at specified spots on the map. They're color coded and you can only detonate the other team color's hyperbombs. At the final minute, Pearl descends into the center of the stage and the first team to get to her can use her Killer Wail, which has double the area of effect of the ones from Splatoon 1. And it can detonate Hyperbombs, too.

shoz999 likes this.
  10. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

[​IMG]

11. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I love it, it's a total blast to play

And I think all the songs today are octo expansion's ebb & flow + now or never. Dont seem to get added to the soundtest though, shame. I also dont think the new calimari incantation was in there

12. KillerDraco

It's actually Fly Octo Fly + Ebb & Flow.

13. Dragalge

Dragalge Naganadel

I'm being a lunkhead and I can't do the Splashdown despite seeing videos and pressing the R button (and it ain't broke because I can still use sub weapons). Hard!

14. Auraninja

Don't you press the R joystick?

15. AuraChannelerChris

Show's over.
    [​IMG]
    Chaos utterly sweeps Order. I was sure we were going to lose, but this is surprising.

Hope you're all ready for Splatoon 3: Mad Max Edition.

shoz999 and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  16. Ascended Dialga

Ascended Dialga Nothing special

This made me cry on the inside. Now it's time for us to wait for Splatoon 3... Based on the timings of Splatoon 2's reveal trailer (January 2017) and the release of the game itself (July 2017) relative to the first game's final Splatfest (July 2016), I predict that Splatoon 3 will be released no sooner than July 2020 and its reveal trailer will be shown no sooner than January 2020.

EDIT: Uploaded wrong video.

17. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I would not use Splatoon 2 as a barometer considering there was a really really obvious reason why Splatoon 2 came out so quick

Especially when Splatoon 3 has not started development yet

Dragalge likes this.
  18. Ascended Dialga

Ascended Dialga Nothing special

19. Miar

Miar Wish me well, please

Long shot but did anyone see me?

The battle results just about line up with my win-loss percent over those 3 days.
    I played for Order expecting to lose, honestly. I didn't get to 50 by winning all the time. I just maybe play too much.

And despite the enhanced odds, I never saw a 100x battle (5-7 in 10x battles)
    And it's sad to see all the Shifty stations I enjoyed so much go (plus the ones I didn't enjoy, or even see). I want S3 to run stages like them more regularly, like say, special rotations on Sundays.

I wonder if the reduced player base means I'll actually win at ranked. I sucked so much and played so little I'm actually still C+ at best in everything.

20. KillerDraco

There'll still be a solid playerbase for Ranked but most of it will be concentrated on the upper tiers, such as S+ and X. You can actually breeze through the lower ranks without too much trouble because it's possible to skip ranks.