• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Splatoon

HM02gon

Waiting...
Huh. I thought it was just my luck that every single time Camp Triggerfish was on Ranked it was Rainmaker.

I've played every mode on Triggerfish, but you're right, Rainmaker is the most common, probably because it's a good map for it. I've played Rainmaker in private on Piranha Pit and tbh it's ridiculously broken. I guess some maps really do only feature one type of battle, I mean it was much more balanced when the modes first came out but now it seems like certain maps are used primarily for certain modes. I guess it makes sense, because in order to make everything completely balanced they would have to redesign a lot of the maps even more than they already have, and nobody wants to do that or to have to deal with it.

I'm way too addicted to this game. It's all I play anymore. Send help.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Dammit, first Splatfest I've lost since I started playing in November. I think I ended up losing around 60% of my matches, so can't really say I'm surprised. Once I saw that SpongeBob got one over on popularity, I knew which way the wind was blowing. Can't win 'em all, though I guess.

Tangeh

I'm surprised, I thought spongebob had the upper hand. Oh well, gg team Patrick. I went with the Slosher as my first instinct, won several games then went on a losing streak and struggled to find a different weapon for most of the splatfest. Ended up having some end success with the Dynamo roller and Luna blaster (which I normally never use for turf) and ended up with 1461 from 1400 (A+ rank). So meh not bad but not fantastic.

Tangeh

Wow, the prices of amiibos are ridiculous in general but other than looking cute all they do is unlock music and videos which you'll be able to find on YouTube the day after release? Am I seeing this right? lol nty. And the squid sisters have done lots of concerts from Ive seen on YouTube. xD pretty funny. Japan is great.

Just made S rank, huge step up from A+ omg. >_> gonna take some getting used to for sure. I've also seen very few other S ranks that aren't level 50... (Im at 44)

Tangeh

Lol I picked fancy party and rolled three damage ups onto my shirt first try. Sucks because I have to give it back after the splatfest. xD

Dunno if I'm going to be able to play much - if it's extended that would really help me out. When does it start and end? Been working 14 hours days and am too burnt out to think afterwards lol.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
When does it start and end? Been working 14 hours days and am too burnt out to think afterwards lol.
According to Nintendo, this Friday starting at 8 pm PST and ending at 3 am PST on Sunday.

Wow they want us to party all night. Bring in the DJ!

Rakurai

Just a heads-up, but the Wii U has been publically cracked now, so hackers are going to be a lot more common then before.

The next Splatfest is very likely to have a lot of them, so do be ready to take down names and report them if you see anything weird happening.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Just a heads-up, but the Wii U has been publically cracked now, so hackers are going to be a lot more common then before.

The next Splatfest is very likely to have a lot of them, so do be ready to take down names and report them if you see anything weird happening.

Ah, okay. Where there any last splatfest? I think I've seen a few in Ranked.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down

Let's hope it's nothing as bad as the Octoling hacker shenanigans.

Rakurai

They really need to hire the guys who programmed Smash's WiFi to do ALL of their games.

It's basically impossible for people to hack in ways that actually affect the gameplay of others as the servers are constantly analyzing the data being sent out by a console, and if it detects an abonormality, it immediately DCs the offender. Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon have no such safety precautions in play.