• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Splitting Heirs! (848)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Why is Kalos swarming with Beedrill?

K.N.

Someone has to be the butt of the jokes and unfortunately for Chesnaught fans this series its Chespin apparently.

He won't be as embarrassing as Oshawott until they have the episode where Clemont has to teach Chespin how to not close his eyes while using Rollout.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Why is Kalos swarming with Beedrill?

not sure about that, lately spear/ beedrill has probably become the backup antagonist for xy aside from tr themselves - i really wonder if something's up with this -_-

K.N.

My memory's a bit fuzzy, but I recall Beedrill being used in a lot of series to show how "dangerous" the woods are, the exception being Unova because that place wasn't supposed to have old Pokemon, so they used Galvantula instead.

Probably because of how people associate bees/wasps with "stay far, far away" in real life, too.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was surprised that the episode started with Ash and friends already being pals with the COTD. Anyway, Bonnie's antics here weren't as bad as I thought, but the whole episode was so fillerish and bland for the most part, save for Chespin's crush on the female Meowstic.

Janovy

Banned
The big mistake here was the focus on the COTDs. This episode would have been infinitely more interesting had it merely focused on Clemont/Bonnie.

LizardonX

Banned
This episode was unimaginably dull and boring. I think I fell asleep halfway through only to see chespin get rejected by the meowstic. He's too good for it anyways.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
View attachment 13549

Anyway:

this episode was pretty boring, the meowstic were badass, and cute, and chespin only needs a shell to reach his final form.

My toughts on the matter...

Are you all actually complaining about the lack of TRio?

I have read anout most beging about more episodes without them and now the complains file in...

nameman

I was surprised that the episode started with Ash and friends already being pals with the COTD. Anyway, Bonnie's antics here weren't as bad as I thought, but the whole episode was so fillerish and bland for the most part, save for Chespin's crush on the female Meowstic.

I think they were trying to do with them what they did with previous CoTD's in XY (Jessica, Premier and Randy, Princess Aliie). It just didn't work as well with Ryuji, Hajime and their father. Since the CoTD's fell flat, so did the episode. I'd give it a 5/10.

Little Hero

The big mistake here was the focus on the COTDs. This episode would have been infinitely more interesting had it merely focused on Clemont/Bonnie.

I think the writers would have saved themselves the trouble if they hadn't included the fight between Clemont and Bonnie at all. But hey, other than that it looked okay to me.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Well this episode was just meh. Granted it didn't help that it was dialogue heavy but overall a pretty boring episode. One of the weaker XY ones.

Rapiido

....am I the only one who thought the brown haired kid had the exact same hairstyle as Link? (Legend of Zelda)
Like it's the exact same.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
....am I the only one who thought the brown haired kid had the exact same hairstyle as Link? (Legend of Zelda)
Like it's the exact same.

well for me it somehow does look the same, its just the hair colors are different :x

Janovy

Banned
I think the writers would have saved themselves the trouble if they hadn't included the fight between Clemont and Bonnie at all. But hey, other than that it looked okay to me.
Clemont/Bonnie fight is what made it interesting to me.

I had zero interest in the conflict between the two random brothers we'll never see again.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Wow.. animated, those cats looked awful.

They should hereby remain as game sprites only, for the foreseeable future..

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
.....is it just me or was one of the Meowstic really a SHINY Espurr in the flashback?

Why the hell it evolved into a normal Meowstic

Navin

MALDREAD
Another review it is.

Pros:
* Clemont and Bonnie getting some minor development
* Exploud
* Chespin

Cons:
* ZzzzZzzz
* This is a case where TR should be used as Team Plot Device if the whole point of the episode was to showcase Meowstic and get the brothers to reconcile. Why not use them here and save the extra minute or two wasted during the gym battle to have them pointlessly blasted off again?

I didn't understand half the episode anyway because it was dialogue intensive, but I wouldn't bother watching it again subbed regardless. Very uneventful and boring, which sucks because the Clemont episodes have been solid for the most part. 2/10.