• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Splitting Heirs! (848)

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
.....is it just me or was one of the Meowstic really a SHINY Espurr in the flashback?

Why the hell it evolved into a normal Meowstic

eh i think that's only you, it looks like a normal espurr to me tbh :x

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
.....is it just me or was one of the Meowstic really a SHINY Espurr in the flashback?

Why the hell it evolved into a normal Meowstic

I don't think so, they both appear to be the same colour here..

[Img139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/xy/848/DP179.jpg[/img139]

Dayn

I think nobody mentioned it here, but isn't MALE Meowstic supposed to be more defensive while the FEMALE one is supposed to be more offensive? Why was it the other way round in the episode? I really expected an explanation about it... maybe just due to the personality of their owners? :/

Little Hero

Clemont/Bonnie fight is what made it interesting to me.

I had zero interest in the conflict between the two random brothers we'll never see again.

I wouldn't say the fight between them wasn't interesting; the other sibling fight just sapped the life out of it for me. They could have easily done a bit more on those two brothers or more on the whole Clemont/Bonnie fight thing, but that's just my opinion.

Janovy

Banned
I wouldn't say the fight between them wasn't interesting; the other sibling fight just sapped the life out of it for me. They could have easily done a bit more on those two brothers or more on the whole Clemont/Bonnie fight thing, but that's just my opinion.
Well, personally, I have little interest in COTDs so a Clemont/Bonnie ep focused only on them two would have been preferable.

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
So after taking a brief break I watched this episode (with subs). It wasn't a terrible episode, and the characters of the day honestly had a pretty interesting dynamic. They're characters of the day after all, but I like when they make the episode interesting. This episode was really a lot about sibling dynamics and how they prove to be very meaningful. The small conflict between Clemont and Bonnie really opened up a leeway to show the two just what it really means to be siblings. Ryuuji and Hajime had a somewhat interesting dynamic, and there was a bit of a quarrel between them. The father's Exploud and the teamwork test kind of showed them their closeness was what the family valued the most.

The episode was really straightforward, and a little bland, but I like the theme of closeness this series is showing, and the sibling dynamics were kind of interesting to watch. Not the best episode, but a somewhat decent one to say the very least.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
One of the best parts of the episode is when the show reminds everyone to eat their veggies. Other stuff happened but healthy food habits are the most important lessons for today. (roll credits)

Vernikova

Champion
Eat your veggies, PokeKids. I didn't mind the episode. The brother/sister thing gets pretty old when you already have siblings, so the plot wasn't too interesting for me. It was pretty decent.

Pokegirl0102

one thing i learned from this episode other than eating veggies is that Clemont's hair that sticks up is in the shape of a lightning bolt

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Pros:
- Eat your veggies if you want to be a Pokemon Trainer.

Cons:
- Everything else.

Wow. A really forgettable episode where nothing much happens. The narration doesn't even bother to mention Ash's win in the previous Gym. Oh well.

So, does Blake has Trip as his big brother or what?

Nice to see the show stereotyping the likes of Exploud as malicious, violent Pokemon that can't be focused for five minutes being nice, which it isn't nice at all.

I found it ironic and weird that Heath's a guy and yet his Meowstic is female. It'd have been obvious if he had been a girl to better fit the theme.

This was a king a boring episode. The argument Clemont and Bonnie had at the beginning just seemed really forced (especially since they never really argued over anything in the past, at least to my knowledge) and was just a way to have the episode try and work around it.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A heart-warming episode and I really enjoyed it but poor Chespin :(.

Anyway, onto the next one!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This was an okay episode. It kinda felt obvious what the true treasure was tho

Another one of those instances where I had a feeling the treasure the two brothers had to find wasn't really something physical, it was more symbolic (or would 'metaphorical' be a better word?).

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This episode felt poorly paced, and frankly, the plot was just okay. Kind of wish I skipped it, but at least there was some development for Clemont and Bonnie.

Pikachu52

Just watched this episode. Found it disappointing. The plot is highly lacklustre and any attempt to focus on Clemont and Bonnie's relationship was sort of lost by the focus on Blake and Heath. If the writer's had wanted to give us an episode about Clemont and Bonnie having sibling issues, it ought to have been an episode that placed those two at it's centre rather than centering on the brotherhood two characters of the day. Clemont and Bonnie should have learnt the treasure was the bond their shared for themselves without seeing it personified by Blake and Heath.

Blake and Heath aren't even good characters. They have little personality and receive little character development in the 20 minute period so they hardly can be considered good role models for Clemont and Bonnie. The reason for their rivalry was silly and they never really got explained well. Although it was clear there was tension between them it wasn't very pronounced. They barely talk to each other and only exchange a few cross words at the start. Even with their inheritance at risk they come across as being relatively indifferent to each other and the situation.

The plot itself is boring. The first half is Bonnie getting lost in woods and attacked by Beedrill (serioulsy how many times are Beedrill going to be the aggressors), which has been done before. The treasure hunt in the second half was uninteresting. I was expecting they would have to battle or something. A treasure hunt seems like something you would have at a child's birthday party and hardly seems worthy of being a passed down tradition. Finally Chespin's falling in love with Meowstic has a ring of Oshawott to it, but it featured so little in the episode and Oshawott was just so much better those love scenes, it's boring.

As a concept the treasure hunt over the inheritance was problematic. Although as the episode progressed it became clear the treasure was going to be metaphorical, I have to ask what sort of father would even suggest forcing his children to compete over inheritance. That's just begging for a family provision lawsuit. Yet Blake and Heath come across as indifferent and were driven only by a mildly expressed desire to beat the other one, which wasn't even fully fledged on Heath's part as he states he would like to throw it for his brother. And once it became obvious the treasure was methaphorical, when the father says it's not in this house, the episode became quite predictable. It would obviously end with Blake and Heath putting their differences aside.

One odd thing about this episode is that it leaves Team Rocket out. Why. It's so boring it's literally begging for those three to show up and steal the Meowstic or Pikachu forcing Blake and Heath to work together to stop them. Team Rocket play the catalyst for make ups and learning to working together tropes so often it's quite a shock not to see them here. I spent the entire episode wondering when they were going to appear. Pre-BW an episode like this would have had Team Rocket played a major part.

Bascially the episode does what a number of fillers do, takes a concept and portrays it in an unimaginative way. There are so many ways
Clemont and Bonnie could have learnt to cherish each other and to make them understand how the other one feels with an actual focus on them, that I actually wonder just how much thought the author actually put into this. If you want to write an episode about family and differences, focus on the main characters and not CODs with no personality.

2/10

And the constant use of the word veggies at the start is cringeworthy. Say vegetables.

JudySpell

Banned
This episode felt poorly paced, and frankly, the plot was just okay. Kind of wish I skipped it, but at least there was some development for Clemont and Bonnie.

They didn't truly develop though. Sure they got along better by the end but it's not like they stopped arguing with each other permanently.