• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

#SPOILER# Volkner Vs Ash

Who do you think would win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deliaketchum

PWC match between volkner and ash is coming soon. Place your bets on who will win.
Volkner was the only gym leader shown to be undefeated before Ash (assuming trollbias just took badge without fight). No other gym leader from sinnoh seems to be worthy in top 100.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I can't see Ash losing to anyone he's already defeated before. Especially since the writers want to make him more "unbeatable" or whatever.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In this situation Denzi winning would be good way of hyping up his character before the Shinou remakes are released. But other than that, I wouldn't see the benefit of Satoshi losing.

SerenaRulez

I do not think Ash will lose to Volkner. Volkner was a powerful gym leader in the DP arc but Ash beat him once and plus Ash is stronger now.

Red and Blue

I'd be genuinely shocked if he lost to Volkner. I think his next big loss in the PWC would be against a new rival, a Galarian Gym leader, or a Heavenly King

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i'm more interested in what he'll use.

To be honest i'm kind of hoping Pikachu sits this one out, but I suppose if it got a chance to get revenge on Luxray that would be fine, because we've seen Pikachu beat a Jolteon before, and it did take down Electivire.

I know some want to see Pikachu vs Raichu, but i'm honestly hoping they just save that for it we get Ash vs Surge at some point, i mean they didn't exactly let Pikachu finish it's fight with Visquez's either...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
As long as Satoshi doesn't use Dodaitose, I'm fine with whatever else he uses. I don't like the idea of Dodaitose returning to be "redeemed" given that from my viewpoint, no amount of victories will fix how it was handled in late DP.

being honest, I kind of expected torterra to get knocked out without getting a win since it had type immunity against Volkner's pokemon's best attacks, and I doubted they would give Ash the immunity bonus for his last badge against the region's toughest leader, granted it had no ground attacks, but still if Electivire hadn't beaten it, I doubt Jolteon or Luxray would've been able to do so.

If Pikachu does get used here, hopefully it'll only be against Luxray, but i'm honestly hoping it sits out...but at the same time this is Ash's first HC battle and I don't know if the writers would want Pikachu to sit out.

I am least hoping we don't get Pikachu vs Raichu, I know some want to see how Ash's would stack up to Volkners, but considering the fake out they pulled with Visquez, they might as well just save that big fight for Surge.

BlueDragonfangirl

With the episode summary we got I'm going to assume Ash wins.

nickdt

There literally was an interview where it was said Ash would only become more invincible as the story drags on, since he ain't losing his Hyper Class matches.

Applecorp

There literally was an interview where it was said Ash would only become more invincible as the story drags on, since he ain't losing his Hyper Class matches.
Source? From a writing standpoint making a character progress until they're basically unbeatable is bad writing especially in this show where they refuse to get rid of Ash.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Ash wins.
Source? From a writing standpoint making a character progress until they're basically unbeatable is bad writing especially in this show where they refuse to get rid of Ash.
Easy.
Have Ash defeat everyone but lose to the champion or the 2nd best.
It's true Journeys producer said Ash would become more of a unbeatable trainer but that does not mean he can't lose once in a while