1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

*SPOILERS* A Charmander repeat? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by .Bright Side., Jun 15, 2007.

?

Do you think Paul will release Chimchar and Ash will ask it to go with him?

1. Yes.

21 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. No.

29 vote(s)
    58.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Bright Side.

.Bright Side. ~(._.~)

After watching Shinji(Paul) treat his Chimchar like the trainer in the Kanto Saga,(Damien) treated his Charmander. In nthe Kanto saga, Ash obtained Damien's Charmander after he left it.

My question is, do you think Ash will get Chimchar in the same way; Shinji abandoning Chimchar, and it befriending Ash, so it can be more playful?

Discuss.

2. Surreal

Surreal DIRTY HACKERS

I doubt it. I think if Paul were to leave Chimchar it would have happened by now.

3. scizor08

scizor08 Back here. >.<

I think Paul will never release Chimchar..

4. Phantom_Bugsy

Phantom_Bugsy So hot he's on fire.

I may just have to choke a ***** if that were to happen.

5. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

No. Just no. Paul will keep Chimchar and use it in the Leauge Showdown!

6. FireFalcon

FireFalcon hear 'm roar

I think when chimchar evolves he becomes a lot more serious and powerful.
    That's why paul keeps it.

7. Ashy Boy

Ashy Boy Paul's #1 Rival

Despite the fact that Paul treats Cimchar like dirt (like everything else) I doubt that he will release it anytime soon.

8. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

If he was gonna he would have already.

9. Shiny pokemon lover

Shiny pokemon lover Shiny pokemon hunter

And remember, he got it from the professor of Twinleaf Town.
    Paul will get problems with her if he release Chimchar.

10. Cenzo

Cenzo Red: True Master

Yes, Yes, YES, YES! I am a big fan of this idea! You have my vote! Also, he didn't get Chimchar from Rowan. He said something like so you're Prof. Rowan when he and Ash first battled.

11. pokemaster95

pokemaster95 King of pirates

Yeah Im in for the idea for ash getting chimichar just to prove he is a better trainer than Shinji.

12. Phantom_Bugsy

Phantom_Bugsy So hot he's on fire.

....um. He really doesn't have to prove it by taking on someone else's Pokemon. :/

13. Ash6K

Ash6K 8D

I think Chimchar will stay with Paul so that the writers can have their starter battle between a possible Torterra vs. a possible Infernape. Plus, as many have said, Paul would've ditched that Chimchar by now.

14. Korobooshi Kojiro

You're all wrong.

Mukkubird will abandon Ash for Paul so it can become stronger, including it slicking it's hair back and gaining a pair of shade.

In all seriousness, no. I want Chimchar to stay with Paul, become bad-***, and maintain a rivalry with Turtwig. Of course, I also expect Chimchar to be the one to eventually lighten Paul up slightly when he saves him or something.

15. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

From what I know Chimchar has only lost to Aipom (from the battle started, not like a 2vs 2 where Chimchar beats one and then gets beaten), but if Chimchar were to frequently lose one after another I doubt Paul would keep Chimchar

16. Scarlet

Scarlet Arf

They'd want to keep him having his original Pokemon to keep up the good rivalry

17. Korobooshi Kojiro

And if he gave up Starly after a win, and Stantler merely by looking at it...why would he wait till later to dump Chimchar.

18. Cenzo

Cenzo Red: True Master

Mounting Frustration maybe? If Chimchar loses to turtwig or something, paul might decide to cut his losses and abandon it. Ash can then get it.

19. mysticzz

mysticzz Blastomaniac

I agree with that last part, definitely! Maybe Chimchar will save Paul in some way, and he'll become fonder of Chimchar...

20. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

An utterly and definitely no. He didn't it release when it lost to Aipom and in the gym. Chimchar will stay with Paul forever and will become a badass pokemon.

I'm waiting for Grotle vs. Monferno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.