• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[SPOILERS] BDSP Datamine Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The intro sequence and title screen looks amazing.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
i havent fully seen the spoilers and info but am in the process of "researching" it not sure if i missed it but regarding catching wild pokemon
has it become the safari zone style catching method for the pokemon outside of safari zone?
Can you source anything that made you think that?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Can you source anything that made you think that?
saw the pokemon safari clip where treats and mud to catch the safari pokemon. they mentioned a new way to catch wild pokemon. not sure if they decided to apply that outside of the safari zone. catching them in safari zone witht he risk of dleeing is annoying to say the least

if the above statement ends up being true then its another hit to me considering the game along side the chibi head. still gonna get it when its more flushed out (maybe??) as i like Dawn as a character.

might not even use character customization at all

Last edited:

Paige712

Hear me out. I think overall BDSP is on par with platinum as the definitive Sinnoh experience.

With everything now known I think overall BDSP are very solid and on par with Platinum overall.

What they lose in the BF, story changes, platinum gym teams, non forced Exp share? and distortion world (made up partially by the revealed Giratina shadow boss) they make up for in the Ramados Park, Super gym/E4 rematches, QOL improvements, better AI and gyms having held items, following Pokémon, grand hideaways, superior poke radar, customisation and polished graphics.

Overall both have their benefits and negatives but in general are solid definitive Sinnoh experiences.

Also Queen Cynthia retains her title as number 1! Red goes to cry in a corner lol.

What are your thoughts? Agree or disagree?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
saw the pokemon safari clip where treats and mud to catch the safari pokemon. they mentioned a new way to catch wild pokemon. not sure if they decided to apply that outside of the safari zone. catching them in safari zone witht he risk of dleeing is annoying to say the least

if the above statement ends up being true then its another hit to me considering the game along side the chibi head. still gonna get it when its more flushed out (maybe??) as i like Dawn as a character.

might not even use character customization at all
I haven't heard anything like that.
If you can give me a tweet or footage, I could judge off that, but otherwise, I'm not quite convinced.

NeoPhantom

Hear me out. I think overall BDSP is on par with platinum as the definitive Sinnoh experience.

With everything now known I think overall BDSP are very solid and on par with Platinum overall.

What they lose in the BF, story changes, platinum gym teams, non forced Exp share? and distortion world (made up partially by the revealed Giratina shadow boss) they make up for in the Ramados Park, Super gym/E4 rematches, QOL improvements, better AI and gyms having held items, following Pokémon, grand hideaways, superior poke radar, customisation and polished graphics.

Overall both have their benefits and negatives but in general are solid definitive Sinnoh experiences.

Also Queen Cynthia retains her title as number 1! Red goes to cry in a corner lol.

Could you elaborate on the “superior pokeradar” thing?

Pokemon Power

Kinda like how OR/AS is on par with Emerald as the definitive Hoenn experience, right?

Paige712

Could you elaborate on the “superior pokeradar” thing?
From what we know it Pokemon found can have their hidden ability and shaking grass keeps shaking until you enter it. Which means chains much easier to hold.
[/spoilers]

Paige712

Kinda like how OR/AS is on par with Emerald as the definitive Hoenn experience, right?
In a way yeah. While it lacks great parts of said games it makes up for it in other ways. Oras Delta ep, soaring, E4/Champion rematches, Mirage spots, new megas and Dexnav for example.

The BF is the main loss with ORAS but I think what it gained made up for it. Especially since near half the facilities weren’t that well designed or fun. Looking at you Arena and Palace.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
His name is Palmer. How did you confuse his name with the word for a plum fruit?
To be fair, Pokémon characters have had plant-themed naming from the start, and the Sinnoh Frontier Brains were some of the first ones in the English versions to keep that plant theme.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I haven't heard anything like that.
If you can give me a tweet or footage, I could judge off that, but otherwise, I'm not quite convinced.
Not likely that I could ever provide a tweet or anything related to that, I'm rather allergic to those social media sites. Mostly useless info and countless flame wars to even bother signing up for.

It's too early to know if that will be the case, all I know is that I still have nightmares of that feature that were included in the previous gen games...

BCVM22

Whatever you're on about with Safari Zone-style captures in the wild, I don't believe anyone has reported that's the case, and for as predisposed as so many are to dislike these games, if anything like that were true, it would have spread like wildfire instantly.

Wild Pokémon battles operate as normal. Hopefully this puts an end to whatever you saw that made you believe otherwise.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Except for the ammount of HM's slaves needed to travel then yeah.

I wonder how many HM's BDSP Sinnoh will need?
Zero. They changed the way HM moves are handled, and you now call a wild Pokémon using the PokeKetch when you need to use an HM move.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is there any indication on how EV train in BDSP? I’m just curious on whether there’s a special mechanic like Pokéjobs or Super Training, or if we have to do it the old fashioned way with battles, power items, & vitamins

Zero. They changed the way HM moves are handled, and you now call a wild Pokémon using the PokeKetch when you need to use an HM move.
They’re still available as TMs though so you can teach your pokémon those moves if you want to

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I've been wondering...

if shiny hunting is the same as it was in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum... when using the Poke Radar. As in the streak will break if you have accidental encounters with other Pokemon and you have to keep the game on to keep the chain alive.

I hope it's not the case, since my left joycon joystick is a bit weird... as my character goes in odd directions sometimes.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Does anyone know if
Dialga and Palkia can be shiny? Or is it only the Ramanas Park legends who can be?

Status
Not open for further replies.