• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[SPOILERS] BDSP Datamine Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
This game should be interesting, I mainly use Pokemon from the first 4 generations. There are 6 or 7 that I use from Gen5 onward depending on shiny forms or abilities. There are a hand full from gen 7 to 8 that I like but the core of my team doesn't wander past gen5 unless you count Zoroark or greninja.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
https: // youtu.be / 0-vh2MlLAPs

Adrive just did a shiny hunting vid.

Broke the link on purpose since there's footage within.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ah I find this Youtuber super annoyin hehe

Well I just shared it for the info for what it's worth. It sounds like a bit of an improvement over the old games.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There are still a few glitches in this game that I've heard of, mainly with the shiny charm and Poke Radar, so shiny/perfect IV hunting might be challenging before the second patch comes out. I mentioned Heatran and how I've heard conflicting sources, but I've only hear one person who said it wasn't patched, and the one who said it was still around said they didn't have the game themselves and were watching someone else, so there could be a game of telephone. Most people I've seen said that that specific glitch was patched.

Also, keep in mind that we don't know how "unglitched" these games will be by release, and we wouldn't know about these if leaks weren't a thing.

I posted this in the wrong thread on accident (it was still in a spoiler tag). Please excuse me on that.

BlackButterfree

Ye unless you’re competent, people will prob or may rage and cry when they do GL and E4 rematches, simply cause of ILCA turned their whole rosters into competitive ones post-game and seemingly made the AIs competent for such, thus increasing difficulty lulz.
I'm actually very nervous LOL I'm not a competitive battler at all, and have always scoffed when people asked for the AI to be meta and competitive. Guess I'll finally see if I have what it takes. Or I'll just grind until I'm level 100 and brute force my way through Meta Cynthia.

Anyways, my only true complaint (since Platinum mons are available in the Grand Underground) is that Park Balls did not make a return in the game. I love that gold color scheme with teal blue accents. SWSH made Dream Balls usable moving forward, so I was hoping BDSP would make Park Balls usable as well. Or at the very least make them Ramanas Park-exclusive Ultra Balls. But oh, well.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ye unless you’re competent, people will prob or may rage and cry when they do GL and E4 rematches, simply cause of ILCA turned their whole rosters into competitive ones post-game and seemingly made the AIs competent for such, thus increasing difficulty lulz.
But isn't that what people wanted since one of the biggest complaints with modern pokemon games is that they're too easy?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
But isn't that what people wanted since one of the biggest complaints with modern pokemon games is that they're too easy?
That's one of the things Im excited for these games!!! Im not a competitive player so it will be a challenge for me to beat the e-4 and gym leaders <3 Btw, will they be competitive in the 2nd run too? Or only in the 3rd one?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I really hope
the Shiny Charm gets fixed. Do you all think it will?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Does anyone know what wild pokemon are used for HMS

I know Staraptors fly and Bibarel I'd surf.
I wouldn’t say it matters particularly, since they’re not HMs. They’re automatically applied to the game, if that makes any sense. You don’t need an HM slave in BD/SP.

Kingudora

My favourite
If there is one thing that the Datamine has confirmed is this:
Hidden Power is, as of BrilliantDiamond and ShiningPearl, the Signature Move of Pokémon Unown.
I really wonder if Hidden Power has changed in any way, now that it is exclusive to Unown.

I really wonder who was in charge of level-up learnsets for BDSP, since they feel very strange.
Pokémon that were in SwSh have their SwSh level-up learnsets, with a few that have gotten some new additions (mostly adding moves that were TRs as level 1 moves). Meanwhile, returning pokémon have their USUM learnsets as a base, but with the unavailable moves either removed or replaced.
I think a lot of the strange issues with the BDSP learnsets would have been fixed if they had gotten reworked SWSH-style, since now a lot of the changes feel rather ham-fisted. I wonder if it was caused by a lack of time from either GF or ILCA, or if ILCA weren't allowed to make sweeping changes to learnsets (though they did give Probopass Body Press as a completely new addition, that wasn't a compensation for a removed move :rolleyes:).

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Here is a good list of discoveries of BDSP (encased in a spoiler tag).

They compare features between DP, Pt, and BDSP which can be useful but also subjective.
I'm mostly posting this for how much information is being presented.

Missingno.Fan

Here is a good list of discoveries of BDSP (encased in a spoiler tag).

They compare features between DP, Pt, and BDSP which can be useful but also subjective.
I'm mostly posting this for how much information is being presented.
Thanks for this. This is much easier for me to understand than Twitter.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

i found that gen7 did have a fair amount of difficulties with Zmoves but it was alot of hand holding. this change sounds promising. i will be gettign BD when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.